Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-03-2013, 00:38   #21
TUKSTER

RM07 Failures

I have a Glock17 with TSD Tactical slide milled for the RMR. It lasted about 750 rounds and the light started intermittently working. It eventually went out completely right after that. Everything was snug and pictured so movement was not an issue. If anything it looked like the battery moved slightly during cycles. Well Trigicon repaired it and has been very quick to help great customer service!! Well upon return and replacement of electronics as noted on repair order I remounted it and took it out to Zero In and it lasted about 30 rounds and completely went out again. I was very disappointed and talked to the Trijicon rep. Who is going to have another look at it. I hope this was a bad batch but apparently they don't have a recall or service batch notice at this time. I love my Trigicons and so far their Customer Service is top notch as well.
TUKSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:15   #22
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Mark put my RMR02 on my G17. Ran about 1200 rds thrugh the gun at two training classes. Runs like a champ!! No zeroing or electronics issues. Thanks Mark!!!

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 22:29   #23
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

It's well-known that the LED operated RMRs have issues. The RM06 and RM07 (adjustable variants) have the most issues.

The dual-illuminated RMR's have had no issues to date, except for a guy melting his while going full-auto with his AK47.
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 13:39   #24
500WE

Tuckster, what serial number range is yours in? I just returned one for similar reasons that is in the 67700 range.
500WE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:32   #25
tango44

I want a RMR for my G26, but can't afford it right now!
tango44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:32   #26
TUKSTER

Serial Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500WE View Post
Tuckster, what serial number range is yours in? I just returned one for similar reasons that is in the 67700 range.
Serial number is 080365
They replaced the electronics and RTV734 the first time. Still waiting to get it back.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59   #27
TUKSTER

Rm05

Well I went ahead and purchased a dual illumination /none battery RMR05 for my G17 to see if there are any issues with it, it will be mounted directly to the TACTICAL SOLUTION slide. I guess I can use the RM07 on a AR for backup when I get it back. I am guessing there is something in the RM07 electronics that don't like to be mounted on a moving pistol slide. There are to many reported problems and eventually will fail.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51   #28
500WE

I'm sending one back again this week on an RMA that is only 300 off from yours. It was returned from a previous RMA in October for the same problem with the same "Replaced electric and RTV0734" comment. We shall see - Love the sight - not fond of the demonstrated reliability factor.
500WE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28   #29
TUKSTER

Known Issue

I hope Trijicon will put a disclaimer on these models that aren't reliable mounted directly to a slide. That setup is freaking fantastic but I have had my optic in the shop longer than I actually had it. If I would have known its not designed to last on a slide I would of happily went with the dual illumination the first time. One thing said tho; Trijicon customer service is as top notch as their products.
Old 02-20-2013, 13:01   #30
Clusterfrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSantor View Post
This is currently the set up I want OHH so bad. G29G4 with triji from Mark. IMO, the ULTIMATE cc pistol.

Please post pics when you get her done.
This is the setup I'm interested in as well. I was planning on the RMR06, but these reliability issues have me rethinking that.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:46   #31
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500WE View Post
I'm sending one back again this week on an RMA that is only 300 off from yours. It was returned from a previous RMA in October for the same problem with the same "Replaced electric and RTV0734" comment. We shall see - Love the sight - not fond of the demonstrated reliability factor.
This is why I tell everyone that the Adjustable LED RMR isn't ready for showtime just yet; no issues with my 5 different RM05 Dual-Illuminated RMRs.

Have yet to read or hear of a problem with the Dual-Illums, either.

The only LED RMR that is really reliable, is the non-adjustable RM02.

Of course, the carbine-class commandos on M4C and elsewhere seem to think the Dual-Illuminated model is crap due to the limited washout issues, and that the Adjustable LED version is the best thing ever created......despite the fact that people are having to send them back 1, 2, even 3 times. Go figure.
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 19:05   #32
hookalakupua

Hey Guys - I've recently run into the exact same issues on all 4 of my RMR02's. They were all done by Mark after he originally did my 19. His attention to detail and craftsmanship is second to none and that's why I had him do another 3. He's the best in the business as far I'm concerned and these issues are 100% on Trijicon. Here's what's happened:

When, I first ran my Glock 19 back in January, I lost the sight after the 37th round thru it. It came back on the 41st. I haven't had another issue with it until today.

I ran the 17, 34, 19 and my buddy ran the Sig today and here are the results/issues.

Glock 17:
Red dot went out and came back on the following strings - 6/7, 15/17, 32/34, 41/42, 48/51. I then had it go out on the following string counts and was able to bring it back by hitting the RMR with the palm of my hand. 57, 63, 71, 76. All of these happened after firing the previous full string and always occurred after I picked the weapon up to start the next string.

Glock 34:
6/7, 12/13, 18/20, 26/27, 34/37, 44/47, 52/53.
This string disappeared and returned after being struck - 57, 66, 71, 77, 82

Glock 19: 21, 29, 34, 42, 51. All returned at the beginning of the next string.

Sig - Went out on about the 20th and returned on the 23rd.

I'm a huge fan of this platform and I'm certain the reliability issue will be solved soon. In plan on contacting Trijicon after speaking with Mark. If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys. Shoot straight and be safe!
hookalakupua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 19:24   #33
hookalakupua

Hey Guys - I've recently run into the exact same issues on all 4 of my RMR02's. They were all done by Mark after he originally did my 19. His attention to detail and craftsmanship is second to none and that's why I had him do another 3. He's the best in the business as far I'm concerned and these issues are 100% on Trijicon. Here's what's happened:

When, I first ran my Glock 19 back in January, I lost the sight after the 37th round thru it. It came back on the 41st. I haven't had another issue with it until today.

I ran the 17, 34, 19 and my buddy ran the Sig today and here are the results/issues.

Glock 17:
Red dot went out and came back on the following strings - 6/7, 15/17, 32/34, 41/42, 48/51. I then had it go out on the following string counts and was able to bring it back by hitting the RMR with the palm of my hand. 57, 63, 71, 76. All of these happened after firing the previous full string and always occurred after I picked the weapon up to start the next string.

Glock 34:
6/7, 12/13, 18/20, 26/27, 34/37, 44/47, 52/53.
This string disappeared and returned after being strucrk - 57, 66, 71, 77, 82

Glock 19: 21, 29, 34, 42, 51. All returned at the beginning of the next string.

Sig - Went out on about the 20th and returned on the 23rd.

I'm a huge fan of this platform and I'm certain the reliability issue will be solved soon. In plan on contacting Trijicon after speaking with Mark. If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys. Shoot straight and be safe!
Old 04-19-2013, 19:27   #34
hookalakupua

Sorry Mods - Please delete double post as fat fingers sent the request twice. Appologies.
Old 04-20-2013, 14:16   #35
jdsumner

edited,
deleted as I went back and actually read the post thoroughly.

dan

Last edited by jdsumner; 04-20-2013 at 14:17..
jdsumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 18:14   #36
aaaa_cccc

Can anybody describe to me what the extent of the 'washout' problems are with the Dual Illumination models?

Also, does having astigmatism effect the way the dot looks on the Dual Illumination models as much as the LED versions?
aaaa_cccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 14:32   #37
MaximaDrvr

When looking into a well lit area, from a dim area, the dot can nearly disappear.
This is most noticeable when inside looking outside, at an indoor range with lane lighting in front of you, or when in a dim room and using a flashlight or looking towards a light source.
The benefit of the co-witnessed sighs is that even if it does wash out some, you still have iron sights there.

No ideas on the astigmatism question.

I have the -04 7moa orange dual illuminated, with about 500 rounds through it on my G35.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Students for Concealed Carry State Director

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MaximaDrvr; 04-29-2013 at 14:33..
MaximaDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 23:26   #38
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa_cccc View Post
Can anybody describe to me what the extent of the 'washout' problems are with the Dual Illumination models?

Also, does having astigmatism effect the way the dot looks on the Dual Illumination models as much as the LED versions?
Nothing wrong with the Dual Illumination model, in fact they are the most durable and reliable of all the RMRs.

I've got one on my G19 and its been great.

Its still a projected red dot and will appear like other red dots with a astigmatism. Get corrective glasses.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote