Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 17:59   #26
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
I read the article. Once again Genesis claims a 6 day creation. Not a 6 day refurbishment. Not 6 days of redecorating. Creation.

I do find it interesting that the author felt compelled to back pedal about the age of the earth in the face of massive empirical evidence that the earth is over 6,000 years old but still tries to maintain that modern humans were only created 6,000 years ago. OTOH acknowledging that other people predated Adam and Eve would poke a bigger hole in the story than tacitly acknowledging that the earth was not really made in 6 days.

That article is the type that definitely works best when preaching to a choir that wants to hold their cherished beliefs.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
I know understand why you choose atheism, your reading comp. needs some tuning.

Consider, for example, that Genesis 1:1
says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." It might seem as if this verse describes the beginning of everything, but God later reveals details of events and conditions that took place earlier.
The apostle John, writing under God's inspiration, takes us back to a time before events described in Genesis 1. "In the beginning," he states, "was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made" (John 1:1-3

, emphasis added throughout).

Similarly, Genesis 1:2
describes the earth as being "without form, and void." This sketchy description offers no explanation for why the earth was in this condition. However, God reveals more details in other parts of His Word.

In Genesis we do not see details of the awe-inspiring initial creation, the creation well before Adam and Eve about which angels sang for joy. And we do not read how that creation came to be in chaos—"without form and void."

I could go on and on, but My guess you only skimmed the article since you dont have a clue what it actually says.

Peace brother.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote