Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2013, 15:10   #21
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
Actually the hebrew term for without form and void means chaotic. For something to become chaotic it had to be unchaotic first. The Bible explains what the world was when lucifer walked on it.. This was long before man.
Genesis clearly states a 6 day creation. If some other part of the bible is contrary to that account it does nothing to make an already unbelievable story more credible to me. It would just indicate that the old school Hebrews couldn't get their story straight before publishing it.
Old 01-05-2013, 15:23   #22
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
Genesis clearly states a 6 day creation. If some other part of the bible is contrary to that account it does nothing to make an already unbelievable story more credible to me. It would just indicate that the old school Hebrews couldn't get their story straight before publishing it.
If you take the time to read the Article I posted, you will see the Bible is clear, God is clear, it christianity that is confused most of the time.

I think you dont want o learn the truth you would rather have half facts so you can say nana nana boo boo.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 15:47   #23
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
If you take the time to read the Article I posted, you will see the Bible is clear, God is clear, it christianity that is confused most of the time.

I think you dont want o learn the truth you would rather have half facts so you can say nana nana boo boo.
If you post a link that works I will look at it. It is not likely to convert me though. As I stated before Balaam's donkey talking, parting of the Red Sea and 6 day creation stories do not ring true to me based on observable reality.
Old 01-05-2013, 16:01   #24
FCoulter

http://www.ucg.org/booklet/creation-...l-explanation/
Old 01-05-2013, 17:11   #25
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
I read the article. Once again Genesis claims a 6 day creation. Not a 6 day refurbishment. Not 6 days of redecorating. Creation.

I do find it interesting that the author felt compelled to back pedal about the age of the earth in the face of massive empirical evidence that the earth is over 6,000 years old but still tries to maintain that modern humans were only created 6,000 years ago. OTOH acknowledging that other people predated Adam and Eve would poke a bigger hole in the story than tacitly acknowledging that the earth was not really made in 6 days.

That article is the type that definitely works best when preaching to a choir that wants to hold their cherished beliefs.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Old 01-05-2013, 17:59   #26
FCoulter

Quote:
I read the article. Once again Genesis claims a 6 day creation. Not a 6 day refurbishment. Not 6 days of redecorating. Creation.

I do find it interesting that the author felt compelled to back pedal about the age of the earth in the face of massive empirical evidence that the earth is over 6,000 years old but still tries to maintain that modern humans were only created 6,000 years ago. OTOH acknowledging that other people predated Adam and Eve would poke a bigger hole in the story than tacitly acknowledging that the earth was not really made in 6 days.

That article is the type that definitely works best when preaching to a choir that wants to hold their cherished beliefs.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
I know understand why you choose atheism, your reading comp. needs some tuning.

Consider, for example, that Genesis 1:1
says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." It might seem as if this verse describes the beginning of everything, but God later reveals details of events and conditions that took place earlier.
The apostle John, writing under God's inspiration, takes us back to a time before events described in Genesis 1. "In the beginning," he states, "was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made" (John 1:1-3

, emphasis added throughout).

Similarly, Genesis 1:2
describes the earth as being "without form, and void." This sketchy description offers no explanation for why the earth was in this condition. However, God reveals more details in other parts of His Word.

In Genesis we do not see details of the awe-inspiring initial creation, the creation well before Adam and Eve about which angels sang for joy. And we do not read how that creation came to be in chaos—"without form and void."

I could go on and on, but My guess you only skimmed the article since you dont have a clue what it actually says.

Peace brother.
Old 01-05-2013, 18:26   #27
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Science and God do no have to exclude one another but most religious folks are far to caught up in it all (dumb) to realize that.
Got that one right. The Atheists around here believe that science and Theism are mutually exclusive.

It takes an extreme amount of self disillusionment to believe that.

Scientific knowledge neither proves, nor disproves the existence, or non-existence of a deity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:01   #28
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Got that one right. The Atheists around here believe that science and Theism are mutually exclusive.

Scientific knowledge neither proves, nor disproves the existence, or non-existence of a deity.
The methods are mutually exclusive. Robert Boyle did not just preach the truth of Boyle's Law and have a bunch of believers go dunk themselves in a river and proclaim Boyle's Law correct. He did experiments that can be successfully repeated today.

So what do you consider more likely to have happened Doc?

that ...
a) Boyle actually did the experiments he is credited with and proved Boyle's Law? or that ....

b) Balaams donkey talked to Balaam shortly before an angel revealed himself to Balaam?

Do you give equal credence to these two stories Doc? Or does one seem more likely to have happened than the other?
Old 01-05-2013, 20:23   #29
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
I know understand why you choose atheism, your reading comp. needs some tuning.
My reading comprehension is fine. I just don't have a compelling need to infer what I would need to infer to make 6 days = something other than 6 days.
Quote:
Peace brother.
Have a good evening FC.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:39   #30
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
The methods are mutually exclusive. Robert Boyle did not just preach the truth of Boyle's Law and have a bunch of believers go dunk themselves in a river and proclaim Boyle's Law correct. He did experiments that can be successfully repeated today.

that ...
a) Boyle actually did the experiments he is credited with and proved Boyle's Law? or that ....

b) Balaams donkey talked to Balaam shortly before an angel revealed himself to Balaam?

Do you give equal credence to these two stories Doc? Or does one seem more likely to have happened than the other?
It is what it is. We are where we are, no doubt about that.

I argue for accepting that we don't know for sure, in spite of those that are sure.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-05-2013, 21:40   #31
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:

that ...

Quote:
It is what it is. We are where we are, no doubt about that.

I argue for accepting that we don't know for sure, in spite of those that are sure.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:04   #32
FCoulter

Quote:
My reading comprehension is fine. I just don't have a compelling need to infer what I would need to infer to make 6 days = something other than 6 days.

Have a good evening FC.
You are still missing the point, and not putting all scripture together. The 6 days was. Renewing of the earth from its previous chaotic state. You may ask how I know this? Because Gods word says so.

Consider another section of Scripture in which God inspired a psalm revealing more about His creation. "O Lord," the psalmist writes, "how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions . . . You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; and You renew the face of the earth" (Psalm 104:24,30)
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16   #33
wingryder

Quote:
Have you not read that long before man was created satan walked and ruled the earth, his name then was lucifer or angel of light. He reigned on earth over the angels for what could have been billions of yrs. he then rebelled against God and the earth was left without form and void ( this means left chaotic). The Bible is clear that the earth was here long before man dawned it. The book of Gen describes a 6 day recreation of the earth so ,an could live on it after the war happened.
So its polytheism then?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 14:25   #34
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
So its polytheism then?
Im sorry,from your quote I dont see anything polytheist.
Old 01-07-2013, 14:33   #35
wingryder

It seems to me that God has a counterpart... and angels and demons. Its not just one supernatural deity... there are many. = Polytheism

Old 01-07-2013, 15:02   #36
FCoulter

Quote:
It seems to me that God has a counterpart... and angels and demons. Its not just one supernatural deity... there are many. = Polytheism
Polytheism is many gods....angels and demons are and never were a god.
Old 01-07-2013, 15:07   #37
wingryder

What is a god then? Why isn't satan considered a deity? Doesn't he possess many of the same supernatural powers that the god of abraham possesses?

Old 01-07-2013, 16:04   #38
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

So I guess you've taken me out of the camp of "Atheists around here believe that science and Theism are mutually exclusive" since your stalker skills have surely turned up this little post I made?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=102
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:52   #39
FCoulter

Quote:
What is a god then? Why isn't satan considered a deity? Doesn't he possess many of the same supernatural powers that the god of abraham possesses?
Well the Bible is clear angels are NOT God, they are a spirit being but not a worshiped being.

If you choose to worship them, you would be polytheistic, however, I choose not to worship anything other than God.
Old 01-07-2013, 17:55   #40
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
So I guess you've taken me out of the camp of "Atheists around here believe that science and Theism are mutually exclusive" since your stalker skills have surely turned up this little post I made?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=102
Are you smoking early in the afternoon again?

Stalker skills? Looking at publicly available resources of this site is not stalking. I have no desire to find you. You seem like a very unpleasant fellow, and I wouldn't hang out with you, or even agree to meet you briefly for a thousand dollars.

Take a break from the ad homs and stick to the subject. It might help resurrect your bruised ego.

--Gunhaver