Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 19:53   #41
GlockinNJ

I've got enough ammo for about 7-8 more trips to the range. That's normally a decent supply for me, but not in these times.

I just checked my usual online ammo sites and they are either completely sold out or jacking the prices into insanity. Right now Natchez has 115 gr FMJ 9mm Remington range ammo for $40 for a box of 50. WHAT?!?!

Any of you hoarders looking to turn your stash into cash?
Old 01-05-2013, 19:56   #42
rockabillyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Bob View Post
Here in the greater Seattle area there is almost no 22lr anywhere you look .Wallmart, Dicks, Big 5, LGS even Cabela`s. Some of the forums there are guys bragging about their 20,000 round stash and buying cases at a time. You don`t have to control guns all you have to do is control ammo. How many 10-22, mark 3, and buckmarks etc,etc. do you think will be sold without a decent ammo supply. What about the millons of 22`s already out there now? The 9MM around here is just starting to get low. I`m sure the other will follow soon. Hoarding is playing into the anti-gun hands!! No ammo ,means no useable guns now or in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
I only have about 300 rounds of 7.62x39mm, .40 S&W, .357 Mag, .38 Spl, and .22 LR combined. Thanks to you ******** hoarders out there, I'm not able to order more 7.62x39mm because EVERYONE is sold out, and not expecting more stock for months, by which time, it will sell out...AGAIN.

I'm actually afraid to go to the range and blow off what little ammo I have. Thanks, *******s. And you know who you are. I was supposed to get 7.62x39 for Xmas. That is a frickin' joke now!
General Firearms Forum
Are you two neighbors bi any chance? Maybe you could get together and "stockpile" your "things" and feel better. If not, hey Pot's legal now in you're neck of the woods, just get stoned and chill.

Told you I was In a bad mood.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:01   #43
GlockinNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillyrider View Post
General Firearms Forum
Are you two neighbors bi any chance? Maybe you could get together and "stockpile" your "things" and feel better. If not, hey Pot's legal now in you're neck of the woods, just get stoned and chill.

Told you I was In a bad mood.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:15   #44
t4terrific

Hoarding is the best way to force manufacturers to increase production. That is a good thing.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:17   #45
glockin-45

Quote:
I only have about 300 rounds of 7.62x39mm, .40 S&W, .357 Mag, .38 Spl, and .22 LR combined. Thanks to you ******** hoarders out there, I'm not able to order more 7.62x39mm because EVERYONE is sold out, and not expecting more stock for months, by which time, it will sell out...AGAIN.

I'm actually afraid to go to the range and blow off what little ammo I have. Thanks, *******s. And you know who you are. I was supposed to get 7.62x39 for Xmas. That is a frickin' joke now!
Gee, now i feel really bad that i bought acouple of box's at walmart the other day, and 5 box's of 20 rds for $8 a box at the pawn- gun shop, they had more too!
Old 01-05-2013, 20:17   #46
FelixD

What exactly constitutes a 'hoard"? Does it vary by locale or social status? Or, perhaps by economic ability, inner city v. rural, or how it is reported by the press?
Old 01-05-2013, 20:20   #47
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixD View Post
What exactly constitutes a 'hoard"? Does it vary by locale or social status? Or, perhaps by economic ability, inner city v. rural, or how it is reported by the press?

I think that if you want it but don't have it (or don't have as much as you want)...and somebody else DOES have it...it's hoarding. Gotta shift the blame to others.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 01-05-2013, 20:22   #48
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixD View Post
A "hoard" is more than what I have.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:24   #49
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Local Wally World has mostly empty shelves. There are 14 Wally Worlds in El Paso, haven't checked the others.

Local rod and gun club is a bit more expensive, but their shelves are loaded with everything. Academy Sports is also well stocked.

Last edited by Paul53; 01-05-2013 at 20:48..
Old 01-05-2013, 20:25   #50
JDSTG58

I'm sure I would be considered a " hoarder" by some. I have 50k plus just of .22. Lost count of the rest. That being said, I have not prevented any one from ever buying ammo. I don't buy in times like this..... I bought years ago when it was affordable.

Don't have a lot of money? Get creative. When I was in high school I liked to shoot, but didnt have money. I worked a deal with a local shop owner to clear a couple of acres of his land and cut,split and stacked the wood for him. What did I get for this? A pallet of .22.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:35   #51
ponchsox

I love how people who didn't buy any ammo before the panic are now blaming the "hoarders"

Last edited by ponchsox; 01-05-2013 at 20:35..
Old 01-05-2013, 20:42   #52
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Gotta love unprepared cry babies.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
Old 01-05-2013, 20:46   #53
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
I love how people who didn't buy any ammo before the panic are now blaming the "hoarders"
Because it's not like there was an event scheduled for November that we expected to have a serious impact on availability and price of items such as ammunition

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 01-05-2013, 20:54   #54
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Because it's not like there was an event scheduled for November that we expected to have a serious impact on availability and price of items such as ammunition
Game

Set

Match.
Old 01-05-2013, 21:02   #55
Deaf Smith

The Wal-Marts here in Texas were I go are almost OUT of ammo!

I saw the same things years ago during the Clinton Admin and Janet 'baby killer' Reno.

I got my guns back then. The run for ARs at $2000 each just make me laugh. WSAR AKs for $1000 (mine cost me $300!)

Guy at gun show had, literally, a grocery bag of AR mags for $45 each!

Amazing how many idiots there are that didn't get a good rifle, mags, and ammo years ago.

Deaf
Old 01-05-2013, 21:14   #56
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

I've been buying ammo on a regular basis ever since the AWB ended in 2004. I have about 30,000 rounds total, mostly 7.62X39 and .22LR, which should last me a very long time since I don't get to the range all that often.

It's not hoarding, it's just common sense. We knew they would try this crap again eventually!

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 21:48   #57
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
sweet lord if you are a gun toter you should always expect the worse in everything.
Old 01-05-2013, 22:17   #58
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
The smart ones hoarded a long time ago. Buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkner View Post
You got to be kidding? Anybody who doesn't stash away ammo for times just like this are like people who complain about politicians but never vote.
Or worse, vote for Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
"Hoarding" is the term that the stupid, lazy, and unprepared use to describe those who are the opposite of those things. Better to have and not need, than need and not have. I don't apologize to anyone for what I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeere_man View Post
Snooze you loose. If you weren't prepared for the day when ammo becomes (became) scarce that's your own deficiency. Am I a hoarder? Some people probably think so. I just think i'm prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
I got mine before the panic.
Been stocking up for years, especially since Obama first got elected.
I haven't bought any Walmart ammo in months.

"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
Old 01-05-2013, 22:26   #59
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:

Why did YOU let your supply get so low??

Closed Thread