GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 17:41   #41
NickC50310
Senior Member
 
NickC50310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 3,943
Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Just a heads up that mailing list is not entirely accurate. Wednesday emails were sent out locally that the Sig400 was in stock at the local WM. Not the case at all. None arrived at all.

Not saying it is never right but I would call before rushing down to the store to make sure
Yeah thats kind of what i figured but im hoping to get lucky like the op. Gun clerk at one wal mart said they are usually gone within 20 minutes. I did put my email into all wal marts within 2 hours that carr ars. I did it for the 2 sigs the windham and the colt. The sigs or the windham i would keep. The colt i would sell and then use the money to build my own. Hope i can score one!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:13   #42
Rick C
affiant
 
Rick C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NW FL
Posts: 4,128


Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
The colt i would sell and then use the money to build my own. Hope i can score one!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Even if you did get the colt, where would you get the "parts", unless you already have parts.
__________________
"consistency is not a substitute for rationality"
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:24   #43
NickC50310
Senior Member
 
NickC50310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 3,943
Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
I already have a line on a complete lower. Everything else will be available again at some point..... i hope.... lol

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10   #44
WASRfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: West PA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprincipal View Post
May be illegal... And part of the problem gun owners are having... Just saying with rights come responsibilities...

<snip>
True that. Reselling private property in onesey/twoseys is one thing, but buying and immediately re-selling is borderline dealing.

And yeah, on other gun boards you'd be pounced on SOUNDLY and mercilessly for boasting to us that you are profiteering on us as you did.

When Wallymart institutes ammo limits again and/or stops all EBRs sales, then what?

Gunowners are ALWAYS their own worst enemies.
WASRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29   #45
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 16,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEATHERBY460 View Post
I stumbled onto a $1097 Colt LE6920 this morning at my local walmart. It came in Monday. I was surprised to hear that there has only been one other person asking for the colt since the recent uprise. They usually sell the lesser expensive guns she said. Of course I purshased it.

I was surprised of the lack of demand for this gun at this walmart.
What is happening is that Wal Mart has superior buying power and has a lot of them at their warehouses. Great price. Now the guys that are paying 4 grand for the same firearm will eat crow if nothing happens with bans. I have found some really good prices at WalyWorld over the years. It pays to check them out.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47   #46
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
What is happening is that Wal Mart has superior buying power and has a lot of them at their warehouses. Great price. Now the guys that are paying 4 grand for the same firearm will eat crow if nothing happens with bans. I have found some really good prices at WalyWorld over the years. It pays to check them out.
WalMart stores receives guns from Lipseys and directly from Remington, Mossberg and a few other companies. The 5.56 mm ARs come from Lipseys. None of the guns go thru the WM warehouse, they arrive directly to the store via UPS. Which is also why the stores never know exactly when they will arrive in store. So no need to start chasing those WM 18 wheelers down the road

Last edited by Ruggles; 01-06-2013 at 01:48..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:01   #47
NickC50310
Senior Member
 
NickC50310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 3,943
Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASRfan View Post
True that. Reselling private property in onesey/twoseys is one thing, but buying and immediately re-selling is borderline dealing.

And yeah, on other gun boards you'd be pounced on SOUNDLY and mercilessly for boasting to us that you are profiteering on us as you did.

When Wallymart institutes ammo limits again and/or stops all EBRs sales, then what?

Gunowners are ALWAYS their own worst enemies.
Hogwash. If i buy something and then decide its not what i want its my right to sell it. If i buy ten thats another story but less than 3 no. If some jackwagon wants to pay triple what i paid for it thats up to them. Just helps me to take the money and get exactly what i want. Furthermore by doing so we also get more grandfathered rifles onto the market before any possible ban.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21   #48
fusegsp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy13 View Post
IV been checking our walmarts periodically. Nothing but single shot rifles and some shotguns.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I was in a local Walmart last week and they had a totally empty gun case. Zero guns of any kind. They've replenished a little since then but not much.

Last edited by fusegsp; 01-06-2013 at 06:21..
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:54   #49
boomhower
Senior Member
 
boomhower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,296
I know a girl who is a higher up at our local walmart who was looking out for when a new shipment was coming in. All AR orders have been cancelled for the store. Whether it's an individual store thing or broader I don't know.
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48   #50
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 830
Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Hogwash. If i buy something and then decide its not what i want its my right to sell it. If i buy ten thats another story but less than 3 no. If some jackwagon wants to pay triple what i paid for it thats up to them. Just helps me to take the money and get exactly what i want. Furthermore by doing so we also get more grandfathered rifles onto the market before any possible ban.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Exactly. Those that say buying & selling makes you a dealer don't understand the laws pertaining to this subject. Thank god that's not the case because that's all we need is more regulation of free people. Stop spreading these false rumors because eventually if enough people believe it as fact it becomes easy to make it law.
__________________
'I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded'

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50   #51
NickC50310
Senior Member
 
NickC50310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 3,943
Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Im abandoning my wal mart chase probably. The sigs arent even on the site anymore and the clerk today said they have been getting one at a time and there is always a line for it before it even hits the case. I was able to get a bushmaster carbon 15 this morning for 700. Not exactly what i want but i do like it!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 13:10   #52
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Im abandoning my wal mart chase probably. The sigs arent even on the site anymore and the clerk today said they have been getting one at a time and there is always a line for it before it even hits the case. I was able to get a bushmaster carbon 15 this morning for 700. Not exactly what i want but i do like it!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Glad you got one

I think the AR supply to WM is just about over. The ones received the last few weeks were already in the supply system when this started. That has dried up now so I think it will be a while before the flow starts again.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 14:44   #53
NickC50310
Senior Member
 
NickC50310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 3,943
Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Glad you got one

I think the AR supply to WM is just about over. The ones received the last few weeks were already in the supply system when this started. That has dried up now so I think it will be a while before the flow starts again.
Yeah i think youre probably right. Now i just need to start watching for ammo! Lol! I think ammo supplies will bounce back pretty quickly. Pistol ammo at least is still pretty readily available in my area. I think i have a good way to buy future ars in my area so i will probably buy a couple more and see what i like and go from there.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 14:52   #54
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,250
I love when folks add an "s" to Walmart.

It's either "Walmart" or "Walmart's", not "Walmarts".

I think Larry the Cable Guy disucssed this a time or two on stage.
M&P15T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:12   #55
ScottieG59
Senior Member
 
ScottieG59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural area near Kansas City, KS
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I love when folks add an "s" to Walmart.

It's either "Walmart" or "Walmart's", not "Walmarts".

I think Larry the Cable Guy disucssed this a time or two on stage.
Maybe they have limited data plans and the ' puts them over the top?
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:05   #56
hsprincipal
Senior Member
 
hsprincipal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Exactly. Those that say buying & selling makes you a dealer don't understand the laws pertaining to this subject. Thank god that's not the case because that's all we need is more regulation of free people. Stop spreading these false rumors because eventually if enough people believe it as fact it becomes easy to make it law.
I understand the law, this is just the type of behavior that the libs point out when asking to take away our rights.... Let one of these guns be used in a crime and Katie bar the door...
__________________
G23, G21, G22, G26, G17, G27, G20, G19, G34, G30s, G17L, S&W 1911sc, Ruger SR1911, S&W M&P .40, S&W New .38 Bodyguard, Beretta Neos, Beretta Nano, Walther PPQ, Sig 2022 9mm, Victory model .38 S&W, Colt LE6920, PPS, M9, 870, S&W 637, CW9, RO 9mm
hsprincipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:34   #57
NickC50310
Senior Member
 
NickC50310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 3,943
Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Any gun i end up not wanting and i decide to sell will be done through an ffl. Just my personal preference.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:05   #58
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 830
Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Any gun i end up not wanting and i decide to sell will be done through an ffl. Just my personal preference.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Sure. You can request a blood sample and drug test too but you may be waiting a while to sell your item. I know that I personally will never buy a firearm face to face from anyone who requires more than a peak at a driver's license to verify I'm a Colorado resident. It's a free country and as the seller you're free to ask for whatever you want from the buyer though.
__________________
'I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded'

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Last edited by Jer; 01-06-2013 at 19:06..
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 00:18   #59
WASRfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: West PA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Hogwash. If i buy something and then decide its not what i want its my right to sell it. If i buy ten thats another story but less than 3 no. If some jackwagon wants to pay triple what i paid for it thats up to them. Just helps me to take the money and get exactly what i want. Furthermore by doing so we also get more grandfathered rifles onto the market before any possible ban.
If GOUGING a fellow gun enthusiast that didn't get a chance to hit Wallymart as often as you did makes you feel like a fine upstanding gentleman - so be it.

But don't even try to rationalize your GOUGING by saying that you've introduced another grandfatherable "EBR" into the shooting ranks; someone would have bought that from WM regardless of your GOUGING re-sale.

And we can ALL claim to "understand gun laws" all day long and twice on Sundays - it's what the cowboys at the ATF understands that counts; their rules, their game.
WASRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 00:20   #60
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 830
Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASRfan View Post
If GOUGING a fellow gun enthusiast that didn't get a chance to hit Wallymart as often as you did makes you feel like a fine upstanding gentleman - so be it.

But don't even try to rationalize your GOUGING by saying that you've introduced another grandfatherable "EBR" into the shooting ranks; someone would have bought that from WM regardless of your GOUGING re-sale.

And we can ALL claim to "understand gun laws" all day long and twice on Sundays - it's what the cowboys at the ATF understands that counts; their rules, their game.
For every 'GOUGING' seller there's a buyer voluntarily giving up his money for the item. If buyers weren't buying sellers wouldn't be able to get the prices they are. Stop acting like people are being FORCED to buy items. #freemarket
__________________
'I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded'

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,031
252 Members
779 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42