GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:59   #151
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,436
The negative effects of drugs, including addiction and death, are actually about 50% of the reason I support complete legalization. Glad you guys are all weepy and sympathetic, but I am not. Protecting the lowest common denominator of our society from themselves just makes our society weaker. It got us where we are now. Drug laws to protect the stupid from themselves are as destructive as welfare.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.

Last edited by Bren; 01-09-2013 at 09:59..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02   #152
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The negative effects of drugs, including addiction and death, are actually about 50% of the reason I support complete legalization. Glad you guys are all weepy and sympathetic, but I am not. Protecting the lowest common denominator of our society from themselves just makes our society weaker. It got us where we are now. Drug laws to protect the stupid from themselves are as destructive as welfare.
That's probably the most effective way of dealing with the problem. Let nature do what nature does.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11   #153
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,629
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The negative effects of drugs, including addiction and death, are actually about 50% of the reason I support complete legalization. Glad you guys are all weepy and sympathetic, but I am not. Protecting the lowest common denominator of our society from themselves just makes our society weaker. It got us where we are now. Drug laws to protect the stupid from themselves are as destructive as welfare.
Reestablish the concept of personal responsibility, in other words.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48   #154
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
So you really are not so much for decriminalizing the manufacturing, distribution, sale, and use of drugs, you just want the federal government to cede that power to the states. You want each of the states to decide on their own whether the manufacturing, distribution, sale, and use of drugs should be permitted.

However, regardless of the laws, you want all programs related to treatment of drug users defunded. When you say defunded, do you mean private funding as well as tax dollar funding?

What about international suppliers? Who gets to deal with the flow of drugs from sources outside our international borders?
That would be a great start. As a matter of fact some States have already decided to ignore unconstitutional federal drug laws.

CF's answer covered it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
That is what the Constitution mandates.



Defund all taxpayer-funded social programs.



That is clearly fed territory. No issues with regulating importation of cocaine, heroine or foreign weed, mexican meth, etc.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
Why did it take an amendment to the Constitution to prohibit beverage alcohol but not to prohibit other recreational drugs, most of which were in use when the 18th amendment was passed?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Best of luck waiting for a response on that one.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The negative effects of drugs, including addiction and death, are actually about 50% of the reason I support complete legalization. Glad you guys are all weepy and sympathetic, but I am not. Protecting the lowest common denominator of our society from themselves just makes our society weaker. It got us where we are now. Drug laws to protect the stupid from themselves are as destructive as welfare.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Reestablish the concept of personal responsibility, in other words.
Was that easier to accept when Bren stated it?
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:03   #155
dwhite53
Senior Member
 
dwhite53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central North Carolina
Posts: 1,114
While finding some teenage girl dead in the Wal-Mart bathroom is horribly sad, it's our problem, not Mexico's or Columbia's or Afghanistan's, however, through our own set of failed values, we are killing hundreds, if not thousands of Mexicans annualy indirectly.

If WE leagalize the stuff, the killing in MEXICO will STOP almost OVERNIGHT. Then WE start fixing OUR problem.

Yeah, the faces of the meth heads look a little bad. Doesn't even come close though to the chopped up, mutilated, beheaded, hung, garroted, bullet ridden DEAD BODIES that are found in MEXICO EVERY DAY. The meth heads had a choice. The aforementioned CORPSES in MEXICO usually DID NOT.

If we really want to fight a "war on drugs" we send F16's, A-1 Abrams tanks, Marines, Army. You drop "Daisy Cutter" bombs. If we did this right, we could be done with it in a month.

The politically correct crap we're trying to do in Mexico ranks right up there with the way we fought Vietnam in the last few years of that conflict.

The only reason I can see the U.S. "fighting" this the way we do is because we know the starvation that will follow after Mexico's prime source of income is gone.

"Drug War". What a load of crap.

All the Best,
D. White
__________________
Amendment 10.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Last edited by dwhite53; 01-09-2013 at 12:08..
dwhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:16   #156
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
As a matter of fact some States have already decided to ignore unconstitutional federal drug laws.
How so?

By changing the state penalties for drug offenses?

You really don't get federal/state jurisdiction at all do you?

I think I'm beginning to understand the disconnect in your postings.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 14:23   #157
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Reestablish the concept of personal responsibility, in other words.
The same we we establish things like immunity to disease - through evolution - those that don't have it die off, until only those that do have it are left and reproducing.

Currently, we try to protect our population from every danger, like they live in a bubble. That lets the worthless reproduce as much as (or more than) the best. Thinning the herd is recognized as necessary and beneficial for other species, but we never mention it in relation to people.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.

Last edited by Bren; 01-09-2013 at 14:25..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 14:42   #158
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
How so?

By changing the state penalties for drug offenses?

You really don't get federal/state jurisdiction at all do you?

I think I'm beginning to understand the disconnect in your postings.
By removing the penalties for some drug "offenses" regardless of the federal guidelines.

I know exactly of which I speak. I'll let you tend to the imaginary arguments about Judicial Review, the Incorporation Doctrine and the misuse of the commerce clause.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 14:58   #159
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
By removing the penalties for some drug "offenses" regardless of the federal guidelines.

I know exactly of which I speak. I'll let you tend to the imaginary arguments about Judicial Review, the Incorporation Doctrine and the misuse of the commerce clause.
So, you really think that when a state decides to stop making something illegal under state law, that automatically makes it legal under federal law, or supercedes the federal law?

What law school did you go to?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 01-09-2013 at 14:59..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:07   #160
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
So, you really think that when a state decides to stop making something illegal under state law, that automatically makes it legal under federal law, or supercedes the federal law?

What law school did you go to?
Nice strawman. Where did I say it became legal under federal law?

Really reaching now aren't you?

All I stated was that some states have decided to ignore federal guidelines in regards to schedule 1 drugs and allow there possession and recreational use.

Amazing.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:09   #161
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,514
The real point you still fail to see is that the Federal drug laws are unconstitutional. Those laws are the responsibility of the State according to the Tenth Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Of course you can keep supporting the perversion of our laws and justify it anyway you like. It will still be funny when you start *****ing about how the government doesn't protect the laws and rights that support your agenda.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID


Last edited by syntaxerrorsix; 01-09-2013 at 15:12..
syntaxerrorsix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:12   #162
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
The real point you still fail to see is that the Federal drug laws are unconstitutional. Those laws are the responsibility of the State according to the Tenth Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The real point is you seem to think that your opinion is controlling authority.

The founding fathers saw this one coming.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:18   #163
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The real point is you seem to think that your opinion is controlling authority.

The founding fathers saw this one coming.
If you can find a shred of evidence that can support federal drug laws after reading the 10A I'll be impressed. Want me to wait?

Or is this going to be another one of those moments when you realize you can't support your argument similar to your attempt at judicial review?

Did you even spend 15 minutes and Google it? Were you shocked when you discovered the Marbury v Madison was essential a power grab and that it was never presented to the people or states for ratification? Just an assumed power afterwards?

No, probably not. You continue on with platitudes and coy remarks. You've got it all figured out and fully accept that the government is your master.

Enjoy it.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID


Last edited by syntaxerrorsix; 01-09-2013 at 15:19..
syntaxerrorsix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:20   #164
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
If you can find a shred of evidence that can support federal drug laws after reading the 10A I'll be impressed. Want me to wait?

Or is this going to be another one of those moments when you realize you can't support your argument similar to your attempt at judicial review?

Did you even spend 15 minutes and Google it? Were you shocked when you discovered the Marbury v Madison was essential a power grab and that it was never presented to the people or states for ratification? Just an assumed power afterwards?

No, probably not. You continue on with platitudes and coy remarks. You've got it all figured out and fully accept that the government is your master.

Enjoy it.
And again I reiterate, how does it feel that no matter what you type you are still wrong?
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:26   #165
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
And again I reiterate, how does it feel that no matter what you type you are still wrong?

Your opinion has been found wanting. You don't seem to be able to debate with facts either. So I feel fine knowing that some people can't be re-taught things they hold sacrosanct.
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:37   #166
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
Your opinion has been found wanting. You don't seem to be able to debate with facts either. So I feel fine knowing that some people can't be re-taught things they hold sacrosanct.
I can live in fact.

This is what I abide by:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2925

I can't really recall ever enforcing a federal law. If we do, I've never seen a summons for one

This is all I do. Catching an addict with three grams of Heroin isn't going to land him in Club Fed. Even the guys charged with aggravated trafficking are charged through the lower courts.

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 01-09-2013 at 15:39..
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:58   #167
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Civil Liberties Issues
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 16:13   #168
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,722


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I can live in fact.

This is what I abide by:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2925

I can't really recall ever enforcing a federal law. If we do, I've never seen a summons for one

This is all I do. Catching an addict with three grams of Heroin isn't going to land him in Club Fed. Even the guys charged with aggravated trafficking are charged through the lower courts.
I take this post as confirmation that if the law says you must seize guns, you will. You abide by the code.

I suspect you'll beat your chest about it too, what with all the guns you see associated with crime.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-09-2013 at 16:25..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 16:58   #169
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
To save time, I just want to reference my comments the last 87 times this topic was discussed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The negative effects of drugs, including addiction and death, are actually about 50% of the reason I support complete legalization. Glad you guys are all weepy and sympathetic, but I am not. Protecting the lowest common denominator of our society from themselves just makes our society weaker. It got us where we are now. Drug laws to protect the stupid from themselves are as destructive as welfare.
I am uncertain it is to our advantage as a species to have school crossing guards at high schools.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:18   #170
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post


I am uncertain it is to our advantage as a species to have school crossing guards at high schools.
I agree. Do they have those now? My generation survived, or didn't, without crossing guards.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:38   #171
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I take this post as confirmation that if the law says you must seize guns, you will. You abide by the code.

I suspect you'll beat your chest about it too, what with all the guns you see associated with crime.

I have already taken guns via court order.
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:40   #172
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,722


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I have already taken guns via court order.
You can make a joke about it but I think it's obvious what side of that line you will be on if guns are ever made illegal.

You will.....enforce the law.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-09-2013 at 17:40..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:43   #173
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,629
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I take this post as confirmation that if the law says you must seize guns, you will. You abide by the code.

I suspect you'll beat your chest about it too, what with all the guns you see associated with crime.
Which law would that be?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:44   #174
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You can make a joke about it but I think it's obvious what side of that line you will be on if guns are ever made illegal.

You will.....enforce the law.
You compare arrests for drug offenses to me taking guns door to door?

Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:44   #175
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Which law would that be?

None. He is just being as anti-LE as he always is.
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:50.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,212
367 Members
845 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42