Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-06-2013, 21:53   #1
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Cowboy life

Howdy amigo's...

I'm sure there are other places to post.But since I'm an old hand around these parts, perhaps mods will be nice to me...

Well a former bull rider pard of mine sent me this video tonight. A great deal of it was filmed out here by the ranch in W. Texas. Some up by 'the other spred,' in N.W. Oklahoma.

Just thought you old boys might like takin a break, and kickin back for a few minutes and seein "where we're from/at. "Not all the photo's" are around the spread here, but a good many are. I didn't even know he did it ! ha

A good deal of folks come out to produce films, and take wildlife pics, so ya never know. I didn't until my bud sent this to me tonight. Some are around tyhis place, and some up north near the Okla. Spread. Some inbetween.

Hope you boys enjoy it.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/221320...e=0&portrait=0

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 22:17   #2
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

That was refreshing computation of the country side...Thanks CanyonMan!
God's blessings!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 22:56   #3
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Great stuff CanyonMan. Beautiful shots. One thing my Texan wife misses about Texas is the spectacular lightning storms. We don't get them up here in the intermountain west like you do in Texas.

Happy New Year!
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 23:23   #4
Iceman cHucK

Thanks CandyMan, thought that was you ridin the range with your 2 2!
I've got to get your way and see this country myself, looks beautiful! If Texas leaves the Union and goes her own, you'll be seeing a lot of us gun toten immigrants!
Hope to get your way some day soon, God willing and the creek don't rise!
Bless ya,
Chuck
Iceman cHucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02   #5
leadslinger13

Great pics where is that as the south west just doesn't come close to that scenery . You are one fortunate man.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"
leadslinger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:29   #6
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

I didn't see a single Taco Bell around there.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50   #7
countrygun

Loved it, like I said earlier, the family had a place in OK and we had relatives in places and states in the region. TX, NM. I got to spend a summer as a kid form, Tipton and OK down to Friona and Lubbock, and just seeing as much of W Texas, Oklahoma, southern New Mexico.

Great country, if I would have known how dippy my homestate (Oregon) was going to get I'd have probably never come back.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:41   #8
21Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
Howdy amigo's...

I'm sure there are other places to post.But since I'm an old hand around these parts, perhaps mods will be nice to me...

Well a former bull rider pard of mine sent me this video tonight. A great deal of it was filmed out here by the ranch in W. Texas. Some up by 'the other spred,' in N.W. Oklahoma.

Just thought you old boys might like takin a break, and kickin back for a few minutes and seein "where we're from/at. "Not all the photo's" are around the spread here, but a good many are. I didn't even know he did it ! ha

A good deal of folks come out to produce films, and take wildlife pics, so ya never know. I didn't until my bud sent this to me tonight. Some are around tyhis place, and some up north near the Okla. Spread. Some inbetween.

Hope you boys enjoy it.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/221320...e=0&portrait=0

CanyonMan
The only words that can begin to describe the beauty and majesty are from the hymn "HOW GREAT THOU ART"
21Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:09   #9
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadslinger13 View Post
Great pics where is that as the south west just doesn't come close to that scenery . You are one fortunate man.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Well LS, some of the pics were of one of my brothers ranch outside Ft. Davis,Tx going towards Alpine. Some were out here on 'this spread' east of El Paso. Some were from the spread we have in N.W. Oklahoma. The rest were surrounding ranches Near us in Ft. Davis during round up and branding times, and some were taken up at Palo Duro Canyon more up in the panhandle of Texas....

I like it out here real well, but not as much as the ranch in Oklahoma, or the mountains around N. New Mexico, on up into Durango, Co. Unfortunately, we got no land up there...

Stays safe !

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 01-08-2013, 13:12   #10
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie 1 Kenopie View Post
I didn't see a single Taco Bell around there.

We 'roll our own here'.... Like ammo !

It's a Loooooooong walk to 'no where' here amigo !

Stay Safe !

CanyonMan

Last edited by CanyonMan; 01-08-2013 at 13:13..
Old 01-09-2013, 14:39   #11
scarecrow734

AMAZING!!...i would give anything to wake up and see some of those sites every morning and be able to live a cowboy life where people dont look at you cross eyed cause you wear a cowboy hat and jeans that fit. im a bullrider from south east PA i live about 30 miles outside of philadelphia. rodeo`s are far and very few between our main rodeo is prca first frontier circuit sanctioned. thats about the only place i feel at home. thank you for sharing! it was nice to zone out in the middle of the day.
Old 01-09-2013, 14:42   #12
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

hence the screen name....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:45   #13
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow734 View Post
AMAZING!!...i would give anything to wake up and see some of those sites every morning and be able to live a cowboy life where people dont look at you cross eyed cause you wear a cowboy hat and jeans that fit. im a bullrider from south east PA i live about 30 miles outside of philadelphia. rodeo`s are far and very few between our main rodeo is prca first frontier circuit sanctioned. thats about the only place i feel at home. thank you for sharing! it was nice to zone out in the middle of the day.

Sacrecrow,

Wow, well said amigo !

I am VERY blessed for sure ! Let me say something to ya though. Been involved in rodeo forever. I am 61 now, so no more bare back/saddle bronc events. ha. I break our horse's on the ranch "Now," without getting on their backs and "buckin them down,' as i always did. I have a very much more gentle and intellegent way to break and train horses, even $35,000 cuttin horses to just plain string horses and saddle riders.

When I go to a big city a loooong ways off to help my elderly mom at times, I wear what every one I know wears west of the mississippi. A black stetson worn out lookin, and 18" Olathe custom boots with red tops, some with turquoise (sp) tops and bull hide or horse hide lowers, and saddle strap across the top of the foot arch and spur rest on the very tall sturrip heel usually with my tight wranglers tucket in those boots.

I go in the city and i am looked at (even here in TX) as though I came off a western movie set. little kids say, "look mommy a real cowboy.." Folks look at my bushy Sam Elliot mustache, and the rest of me like i was somthing out of the 1800's. When all the time, it is "normal" apperal and ranch wear, out west in any and all the western states.

I said all that, to say to you from your post. Man, I don't care if your in Down Town Philly, or where your at. You be what you are "at heart." If folks don't like it, tuff....

You apparently rodeo according to how I read your post. Good ! Keep it up but not to long, or you will regret it when you hit 40/50/60 + I assure you. ha

A man that is cowboy "in heart" is a cowboy no matter where he is at or lives. Yes, it would be cool if guys like yourself and others could live 5 hours from a city and in the out back of no where and never see a soul, and see nothing but 100's of miles of open range/ranches etc. BUT, this is NOT always possible.

There are some really good old boys from metro/city area's that are dang good bronc and bull riders... It is HEART !

I hear "your heart amigo." I hear cowboy in it. So hold your head up and be what you are, and spit on the Philly street, and wear what you want to, and be what you are.... Heck with the rest of the bunch !

Train as often and where you can, train right. Keep a right mind set, and stay positive, when everything seams negitive. When you get bucked off, fear not, and get back on. Let fear work for you NOT against you ! Let fear bring respect for the animal, and keep you sharp and let you remember your not to be full of pride, but humility, and stay focused on "the ride" !

PM me if I can be of any help to you at all with the ridin and spurin and etc...

BUT, you let Phily know (in humility) that you are a cowboy, and who cares what they think.

P.S. Watch all the video's you can on rodeo in between training/practice times. I have a link under my logo thing that takes ya to my rodeo home page, check it out, hang out in there. I also have an "album' on my profile page of a few more pics of 'one' of our ranches.

Stay in the saddle, and don't ever worry about what folks think pard.... Their probably jealous !

Keep up the good work.
God bless ya, and give him glory in everthing, and for every ride good or bad.......

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

This pic has been all over the internet... Nothing is private any more. A good deal of our photographs have been used on the net...

The 10 Ring

Enjoy....

Thanks mods for allowing this... I own a 10mm... haha

CanyonMan

Last edited by CanyonMan; 01-15-2013 at 09:29..
Old 01-10-2013, 20:04   #14
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
hence the screen name....

Hang in there pard ! Your probably more a cowboy than you give yourself credit for.. It's HEART, as I told Scarecrow in the post above...

Bless ya amigo.

CanyonMan

Old 01-10-2013, 22:55   #15
Iceman cHucK

Gotta love the CanyonMan, he's Tu Tu much! Bless him and God's country he lives in!
Iceman cHucK is offline   Reply With Quote