GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-10-2013, 18:36   #241
Frank V

I'm starting to think a G23, a Lone Wolf .357 Sig bbl & a Lone Wolf 9mm bbl make a lot of sence!
Frank
Old 01-10-2013, 18:56   #242
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I wish people could be smarter than this.

A vote for Obama is a vote for Obama

A vote for Romney is a vote for Romney.

A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson.

It's really quite simple.

I am also sad to hear that you are so proud to vote for somebody who supports, through his very actions, assault weapons bans.
Geeze, your logic is so warped. A vote for anyone BUT Romney was a vote for Obama. That is pretty clear. If you don't get that, then you really are out there with your head in the sand my friend. There were only so many votes to go around. So everyone not for Romenty WAS for Obama. You have to take responsibilty for yorr actions. It's what is wrong w/ the country today, the not my fault syndrom.
Quote:
I voted for Romney, but I was badly outnumbered here in VT
Same here in Kalif. It doesn't matter how I voted here. Obama could have won here if he was a convicted child molester. Yes voters here are that stupid. Just look at our reps: Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, fricking J. Brown as gov again! Doomed!
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 01-10-2013 at 18:59..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:02   #243
thesilverbullet

if they take CA's approach, current owners will be grandfarthered in....
Old 01-10-2013, 19:07   #244
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Geeze, your logic is so warped. A vote for anyone BUT Romney was a vote for Obama. That is pretty clear. If you don't get that, then you really are out there with your head in the sand my friend. There were only so many votes to go around. So everyone not for Romenty WAS for Obama. You have to take responsibilty for yorr actions. It's what is wrong w/ the country today, the not my fault syndrom.

Same here in Kalif. It doesn't matter how I voted here. Obama could have won here if he was a convicted child molester. Yes voters here are that stupid. Just look at our reps: Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, fricking J. Brown as gov again! Doomed!
In that case, a vote for anyone but Obama was a vote for Romney.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:19   #245
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post
Are you assuming that they wont ban possession of hi caps?
Well, yes. Even Feinstein's wet dream isn't outright banning them entirely, just the transfer of them.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:27   #246
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Well, yes. Even Feinstein's wet dream isn't outright banning them entirely, just the transfer of them.
Yes, IT IS

An outright ban, mr and mrs American, turn them all in

Caliber Corner

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 01-10-2013 at 19:30..
Old 01-10-2013, 22:19   #247
fredj338

All liberals want a total ban. If they could & not die trying, they would. Look at ANY country @ any point in hsitory upto current times, you can not run roughshod over an armed population. Liberals fear gun owners because we stand in their way of their utopian society. The 2A has never been about hunting, but as long as they can split hunter apart from other gun owners, they will win. You don't like the AR or Glock, you only bird hunt, fine, but don't be fooled. A $10,000 Perazzi O/U, sawed off,, makes a devistating criminal weapon.
So when all the "bad guns" are outlawed & crime is still running rampant, they'll come after your bird gun or deer rifle. After all, a scoped sighted deer rifle is a "sniper weapon" right? No, no further compromise. You don't compromise w/ rabid dogs or power hungry politicians. Join the NRA, they are not perfect but it's about all we ahve. VOTE, but vote smart. When it's on the line, a few votes may matter & throwing them away for candidates that have no chance of winning is just that, throwing it away.
Quote:
In that case, a vote for anyone but Obama was a vote for Romney.
No Warp, I can tell you are a libertarian, you just don't do math well. If Romney needed 1000 votes to win & 1000 people voted for X-other candidate, then it was a vote for Obama. So simple even a liberal can understand that math. That is why they hate when they get a serious greenparty candidate running, it waters down their guys vote. It's how we got Clinton when Pero ran. The diff, Pero actually had a slim chance to win early on. Not so for Paul or any other candidate last Nov. It was Romney or Obama, clear choice, any other vote was a vote for Obama.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 01-10-2013 at 22:24..
Old 01-10-2013, 22:52   #248
ImpeachObama
Fuhgettaboutit

You can't argue with Fred. Other than his hate on Tightgroup powder, I find the guy right on everything else.
ImpeachObama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 23:30   #249
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
All liberals want a total ban. If they could & not die trying, they would. Look at ANY country @ any point in hsitory upto current times, you can not run roughshod over an armed population. Liberals fear gun owners because we stand in their way of their utopian society. The 2A has never been about hunting, but as long as they can split hunter apart from other gun owners, they will win. You don't like the AR or Glock, you only bird hunt, fine, but don't be fooled. A $10,000 Perazzi O/U, sawed off,, makes a devistating criminal weapon.
So when all the "bad guns" are outlawed & crime is still running rampant, they'll come after your bird gun or deer rifle. After all, a scoped sighted deer rifle is a "sniper weapon" right? No, no further compromise. You don't compromise w/ rabid dogs or power hungry politicians. Join the NRA, they are not perfect but it's about all we ahve. VOTE, but vote smart. When it's on the line, a few votes may matter & throwing them away for candidates that have no chance of winning is just that, throwing it away.

No Warp, I can tell you are a libertarian, you just don't do math well. If Romney needed 1000 votes to win & 1000 people voted for X-other candidate, then it was a vote for Obama. So simple even a liberal can understand that math. That is why they hate when they get a serious greenparty candidate running, it waters down their guys vote. It's how we got Clinton when Pero ran. The diff, Pero actually had a slim chance to win early on. Not so for Paul or any other candidate last Nov. It was Romney or Obama, clear choice, any other vote was a vote for Obama.
Too bad I was never going to vote for Romney anyway.

I'm not sure how, after everything you just said, you can so fervently support voting for the only man of the finalists that actually had an AWB in his past.

The lesser of two evils is still evil

Last edited by Warp; 01-10-2013 at 23:30.. Reason: ]
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00   #250
SCmasterblaster

So, who will the GOP put up against Hillary in 2016! HC will win!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19   #251
dougader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpeachObama View Post
You can't argue with Fred. Other than his hate on Tightgroup powder, I find the guy right on everything else.
I agree. I consistently find myself agreeing with Fred, even on the Tightgroup; bought a pound to try and won't buy it again. I like WW231 better and WST has to be my next "fast" powder.

I do think, if you look at the big picture, this election did come down to the fact that any vote other than Romney was a vote for Obama.

Look, I am a Ron Paul conservative but I sure as heck didn't vote for someone who had no chance against Obama. In effect, my vote for Romney was a vote against Obama. Romney was never my favorite candidate, but he was miles ahead of that stinker in the Whitehouse.

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48   #252
SCmasterblaster

I use TiteGroup with no problems at all.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:58   #253
fredj338

Quote:
Too bad I was never going to vote for Romney anyway.

I'm not sure how, after everything you just said, you can so fervently support voting for the only man of the finalists that actually had an AWB in his past.

The lesser of two evils is still evil
Moot point, but what Romney did in MAss is not necessarily what he would support for the country. He is light years ahead of the golfer&Chief on fiscal policy. He would NEVER appoint the liberal judges the spender&cheif will. Big picture Warp. Obama is a frickin disaster for this country. JimmyCarter was a better pres & Carter was pure crap.
Consider just this, forget the gun issue; in the 232yrs before Obam, the country spent $10.4T. When Obama is gone, HE & his liberal bretheren will have spenf twice that, or $21T! For that we get nothing but an empty airbag, no roads, bridges, train tracks, nothing but air. Just that alone is teason, just that alone is gorunds for impeachment IMO. To spend $11T in an 8yr span & have absolutely nothing to show for it. So to say lesser of two evils is evil is nieve. Define evil? Some did not like the fact he was Mormon, some that he was corp? It sounds more like maybe a bit of prejudice against his faith or big business? Again, all moot, we are so screwed & few are paying attention. When the interest rates go up & we have to pay $10/g for gas & milk & 8% unempl is the norm, maybe people will figure out lesser of two evils was far less evil.

Last edited by fredj338; 01-11-2013 at 11:00..
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02   #254
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougader View Post
I agree. I consistently find myself agreeing with Fred, even on the Tightgroup; bought a pound to try and won't buy it again. I like WW231 better and WST has to be my next "fast" powder.

I do think, if you look at the big picture, this election did come down to the fact that any vote other than Romney was a vote for Obama.

Look, I am a Ron Paul conservative but I sure as heck didn't vote for someone who had no chance against Obama. In effect, my vote for Romney was a vote against Obama. Romney was never my favorite candidate, but he was miles ahead of that stinker in the Whitehouse.
SUre you can argue, just bring facts! The problem in elections is very few that vote actually know anything about anything. Why we get the tools in office we have. Like liberals, I will never embrace TG.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17   #255
kenndapp

forget fienstien. i am so sick of seeing the disgraceful hag. see needs to take her nappy crypt keeper self somewhere else. i am downright disgusted by the sight of this wretched heifer to the point of physical discomfort.

on another note am i disappointed with some of you in this thread. i don't know if its out of paranoia of whose watching the thread or if we just have alot of new shooters who don't have much investment or value in their rights yet but......im shocked at how quickly we are just rolling over and talking about 10 round neutered mags and how we plan on changing calibers to suit our neutered weapons. the thread should of been called....."9mm guys, when you just roll over and ALLOW your rights to be raped what caliber will they ALLOW you to use"

sorry. im not sure if that was appropriate at this juncture in the conversation but i just had to get that off my chest. been wanting to say this for pages now.

Last edited by kenndapp; 01-11-2013 at 11:33..
kenndapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26   #256
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Big picture Warp.
Exactly. Big picture.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

I choose not to vote for evil.

Old 01-11-2013, 15:49   #257
dougader

Quote:
Exactly. Big picture.

I assume, then, that you stayed away from the polls and refrained from casting a vote???

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 17:54   #258
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Don't blame me I voted for the American!
Old 01-11-2013, 17:56   #259
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougader View Post
I assume, then, that you stayed away from the polls and refrained from casting a vote???
Nope.

And yet I didn't vote for evil.

It's amazing what you can do with your vote, if you use your noggin

Old 01-11-2013, 18:45   #260
fredj338

Quote:
Exactly. Big picture.

Well by not voting, or voting your precious heart, we got evil didn't we?? If everyone that thought like you voted Romeny, maybe we wouldn't have idot&chief & his side kick Walter. All moot though, but consider the next election, we lose the house, gonna get real ugly.

Last edited by fredj338; 01-11-2013 at 18:46..