Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-11-2013, 15:28   #61
jimfa440

Conversion Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29SFWTF View Post
[URL="http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=208351"]jimfa440[/URL] thanks for that report. I was thinking of posting a question about this but I was looking at this site:

[URL]http://www.22lrconversions.com/[/URL]

They are selling theirs for $199 for the G19. I wonder which kit is superior
I cannot compare the AA to the others because this one is the only one I have ever seen, but I do like it and have no regrets. Here is a link to the one I bought;

[url]http://smartgunner.com/browseproducts/Advantage-Arms-.22-Glock-Conversion-Kit-LE-Model-20-21.HTML[/url]

Good luck shopping.
jimfa440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 15:34   #62
attrapereves

I wouldn't say that 10mm is too much to a beginner. However, factory ammo is significantly more expensive than 9mm.

I love 10mm, but I only suggest them to people who reload or have deep pockets.

As the others have said, you can purchase conversion barrels, but I wouldn't trust them for defensive purposes.
Old 01-11-2013, 15:40   #63
jimfa440

Pricey Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
I wouldn't say that 10mm is too much to a beginner. However, factory ammo is significantly more expensive than 9mm.

I love 10mm, but I only suggest them to people who reload or have deep pockets.

As the others have said, you can purchase conversion barrels, but I wouldn't trust them for defensive purposes.

I agree, the cost of .45ACP is outrageous. That's the reason for the conversion. My wife shoots my Ruger 22/45 while I shoot the G21 with AA conversion. We both have fun without breaking the bank.
jimfa440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 18:01   #64
copo9560

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky2 View Post
Holy lordy, .22LR ammo is cheap! (wait, let me add some more !!!)

The recommended ammo from Advantage Arms for their .22 conversion kit is CCI Mini-Mag 40gr, at CheaperThanDirt, prices range from 7.32 to 8.00 for 100 rounds! That's freakin insane cheap! Everything is basically sold out there, but still, I could buy 1000 rounds for $80 + shipping?

The only thing is, the conversion kit is like $265 suggested, seems sorta steep (that's like 1/2 another G20). I understand they need to make a quality setup, plus make money...just have to think now if I want to go that route; between the G20, the .40 KKM conversion barrel, and now the .22 conversion kit, starting to get up there.

I guess all 3 of those are one time purchases though (for me at least), so not too hard to justify it...just got to mull it over.

Quick, someone talk me out of it! Haha! (heerrre Visa card, where did you run off too...?)

Chuck

Save the money and skip the KKM conversion barrel. Your G20 will eat 40 with the stock barrel just fine.
copo9560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 19:02   #65
dbow

I did also go from a .22 and not much handgun experience to a G20. Based on my experience i can give you a couple tips that helped me. Just my opinion take it or leave it.

-Don't buy all kinds of aftermarket stuff, springs, barrels etc. Your g20 will work better without any of it.

-Shoot with a rest at first. This has helped me with trigger control and flinching.

-Don't shoot hot loads right away. I use underwood delta elite and it's perfect for me.

-You don't have to really grip the gun as hard as people say. Limp wristing is not as much of a problem unless you believe it to be.

Just my opinion based on my own experience.
Good luck and have fun.
dbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 19:48   #66
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbow View Post
-You don't have to really grip the gun as hard as people say. Limp wristing is not as much of a problem unless you believe it to be.
If you lock your elbow, the problem goes away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 23:24   #67
chucky2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfa440 View Post
I cannot compare the AA to the others because this one is the only one I have ever seen, but I do like it and have no regrets. Here is a link to the one I bought;

http://smartgunner.com/browseproduct...del-20-21.HTML

Good luck shopping.
Just a note on the kit in this link: This one is for Gen 1 - 3, not Gen4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copo9560 View Post
Save the money and skip the KKM conversion barrel. Your G20 will eat 40 with the stock barrel just fine.
Too late, the .40 barrel is already ordered. I knew the G20 would shoot it fine/mostly fine stock, but, I thought that when doing so the round was held by the extractor or something like that? Just sounded like something the G20 wasn't designed for, so I ordered the .40 conversion barrel to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbow View Post
I did also go from a .22 and not much handgun experience to a G20. Based on my experience i can give you a couple tips that helped me. Just my opinion take it or leave it.

-Don't buy all kinds of aftermarket stuff, springs, barrels etc. Your g20 will work better without any of it.

-Shoot with a rest at first. This has helped me with trigger control and flinching.

-Don't shoot hot loads right away. I use underwood delta elite and it's perfect for me.

Just my opinion based on my own experience.
Good luck and have fun.
Thanks for that! Yeah, other than the .40 conversion barrel and potentially this AA .22 conversion kit, I won't be buying anything else for it. The only thing I can see myself spending money on is different sights. I did not like the stock Glock sights on the G20C we shot, nor the G21 I shot at my basic pistol safety class (only two rounds there, but still). I liked the XD-M sights better, but still not fully. I don't know which ones I might end up getting, but I think, eventually, I will get some different sights but on. And yeah, no plan on shooting super hot loads until I can handle the normal stuff.

Man I can't believe I'm seriously considering dropping the coin on the AA kit. Just when I thought I was done with the $$$!!!

Chuck
chucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 21:22   #68
rdbjr57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6StringGeek View Post
Go to your local range and rent a few different calibers and do some shooting with an experienced friend.

You'll find your comfort level quickly without spending a ton of cash and regretting it later.

Not that you would ever regret buying a g20...that's just crazy talk.
Good advice... exactly what I tell people just getting into shooting and ask for advice...