Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2013, 22:11   #21
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travclem View Post
I'll say step up and buy an 810 Contego. In my opinion it's the ultimate Benchmade. CPM M4 steel, Axis lock, steel backspacer, good G10 scales, and can be had for ~$120.

The Cutting Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I do agree on the 810 being pretty much the ultimate Benchmade, it's in an entirely different class from the Grips in both size, materials, and strength.

Though I'd dearly love a 63HRC CPM-M4 blade for my Rukus....
I'll throw another recommendation behind the 810. I have the black with half-blade serrations, and thanks to the reverse tanto blade there's still enough smooth blade cutting area that you don't even notice the serrations unless they're needed.

For someone with larger hands, I like that the grip is "grippy" and is big enough to hold.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:15   #22
TurboRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer's Match View Post
Yup, with a wave and a flipper. Would be freakin' awesome.
I respect Benchmade as a knife maker and I like a lot of their products, but for some reason, I don't own any yet. I like flippers. The 300SN flipper is a tad small for my tastes, but I hope that sells well enough that BM comes out with other flipper models.

I don't see Emerson coming out with flipper models any time soon, the the best that could be done would be a ghetto wave on an Axis/Flipper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GT S&C - We know squat.
TurboRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54   #23
Officer's Match
S.R.D. v

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRocket View Post
I respect Benchmade as a knife maker and I like a lot of their products, but for some reason, I don't own any yet. I like flippers. The 300SN flipper is a tad small for my tastes, but I hope that sells well enough that BM comes out with other flipper models.

I don't see Emerson coming out with flipper models any time soon, the the best that could be done would be a ghetto wave on an Axis/Flipper.
I have actually though about trying to get a new blade custom made for my Rukus (love it that much) to get my wishes there. I do MUCH prefer the Axis lock to Emersons liner lock, but for my EDC purposes the wave usually trumps all. My flipper desire is largely fueled by your comments a while back about its benefits.
btw, S.R.D. = Strategic Response Dog
Officer's Match is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:06   #24
glock_19guy1983

I bought this mini rukus auto a few years ago and had the blade replaced a few months ago. Benchmade went through the knife and cleaned and repaired everything. Awesome customer service.
The Cutting Edge
And after
The Cutting Edge
"Our situation illustrates the American idea that governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established."

Last edited by glock_19guy1983; 01-13-2013 at 11:11..
glock_19guy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26   #25
Davegrave
Dapper Dan

I love my Griptillian. Going on 10 years. Mine is 440c from before they switched to 154cm as the standard. But it still takes and holds a great edge, and as you can see, I haven't spend those years babying it.

The Cutting Edge

This is my favorite blade shape too. Sturdy with a slight curve to the edge but still flat enough to sharpen super easily on a stone or sharpmaker.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39   #26
Officer's Match
S.R.D. v

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Best thing you can do to a Contego (besides getting it drilled for tip down carry):

The Cutting Edge
Those are my favorite pocket clips. What don't you like about the deep carry stock ones?
btw, S.R.D. = Strategic Response Dog
Officer's Match is offline   Reply With Quote