Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:05   #1
BamaG19

1942 Beretta 7.65 info needed

i have a 1942 Pietro Beretta 7.65 cal that I want to sell. serial number is 495xxx. the gun is in excellent shape with no pitting on the exterior with the exception of the trigger. Original plastic grips. Comes with one magazine.

These markings are on the left side of the frame. P Beretta Cal 7.65 Drevettata, Gardone VT 1942 XXI. There are also some markings on the left side below the hammer. Two symbols, PSE, 1943. Some people say that the symbols mean that it was issued to german officers.

There is not a lot of info on this gun so I have had a hard time finding out what it is worth. Any info would be appreciated. I will try to get some pics up later.
Attached Thumbnails
Beretta Club - Click for larger version   Beretta Club - Click for larger version  
BamaG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 22:18   #2
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

The XXI is the Fascist year from the start of the regime.

RE, RA, etc would be the Italian branch they were issued to. Not sure on PSE.

Those are very common guns, unless it had highly specific info on it i can't see it going more than $400. If it was accepted for service by the Third Reich (and they used just about everything they could find) there will be waffenamts stamped on the gun in multiple places. Looks like an Eagle sitting on a swastika. That's the acceptance mark for German service.

Those can also be faked, so be wary.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 13:12   #3
Annoyinglylongname

It looks like a standard Modello 1935, thats the designation for the 7.65mm (32 acp) version. The 1935 was typically
Issued to the Italian Air Force - the RA stamp means Reggio Aeronautica for them that care. Army issue was the 9mm corto modello 1934 with RE markings.
I spent two years in Italy working with the Italian Carabinieri and am quite versed in the Beretta 34 and 35 models
Yours is a civilian model for private sale
Annoyinglylongname is offline   Reply With Quote