Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:40   #161
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Isn't it illegal to pose as a Doctor and toss out unsolicited diagnoses on the internet?

It should be.
It would be like Colonel Sanders giving military advice.

Leona Helmsley
Old 01-18-2013, 12:44   #162
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Yeah I figured you've never experienced it.
I just found your choice of words gross.

Quote:
My point being, science doesn't have an answer for every question and to the best of my knowledge
No one said it did.

Quote:
cannot create life.
We're real close on that one.

Quote:
There are many things unexplained.
Fewer and fewer things everyday. And what we keep finding over and over is that many things attributed to God happened all on their own and didn't need a God to happen at all.

Quote:
Someone who denies the existence of a creator is closed minded.
Few people deny such. What many people deny is that there has been verifiable evidence that there ever was or is a creator and therefore no reason to ASSUME there is one. On the flip side of your coin people that assume a creator are delusional as they have nothing to base it on but a lack of understanding of nature.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47   #163
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I just found your choice of words gross.

No one said it did.

We're real close on that one.

Fewer and fewer things everyday. And what we keep finding over and over is that many things attributed to God happened all on their own and didn't need a God to happen at all.

Few people deny such. What many people deny is that there has been verifiable evidence that there ever was or is a creator and therefore no reason to ASSUME there is one. On the flip side of your coin people that assume a creator are delusional as they have nothing to base it on but a lack of understanding of nature.
So what creates life?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48   #164
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
It would be like Colonel Sanders giving military advice.
Any chance he spent more time in the Army than you? He was a Veteran you know. With his particular military experience, he could have given a lot of helpful advice around here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-18-2013 at 12:53..
Old 01-18-2013, 13:02   #165
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Any chance he spent more time in the Army than you? He was a Veteran you know. With his particular military experience, he could have given a lot of helpful advice around here.
He spent four months enlisted in the U.S. Army as a mule handler in Cuba.

Last edited by Geko45; 01-18-2013 at 13:09..
Old 01-18-2013, 13:10   #166
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
He spent four months in the U.S. Army as a mule handler in Cuba.
So we know he could offer advice on mule handling. Still not sure if he was in the military longer than muscogee though. He was named a Colonel by the KY governor. It's an honorary title.

Textbook rough start to success story though. Not a perfect ending, but it sure seems like he gave it a good run.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-18-2013 at 13:12..
Old 01-18-2013, 13:45   #167
Glock36shooter

Quote:
So what creates life?
What "Creates" life? Nothing suggests that anything "Creates" it. What we're learning is that it happens on its own naturally. We're fairly close to proving it too.
Old 01-18-2013, 13:50   #168
Glock36shooter

Quote:
That's right, he never claimed PTSD at all. You just made a troll attempt at labeling him as PTSD with your dubious and unsolicited diagnosis. So, you are in fact a liar because above you clearly stated that he claimed it himself where now you admit that he never did.

This is your modis operandi both here and in PI. In much the same manner, you accused me (twice) for calling for the abolishment of religion through force of law when I have never made any such claim. In fact, after your first attempt at that slur, I provided you with multiple cites where I clearly stated unwavering support for the first ammendment and yet you went away for a month or two and came back with the same slur again as if it had not already been refuted.

Do you think people won't remember these stunts of yours? You are a liar and you have been shown to be so multiple times. You have zero credibility left on these forums.
I love how he completely ignored this. Another one of his tactics. Then he'll claim to have "Missed" it if you bring it back up.
Old 01-18-2013, 13:51   #169
hooligan74

Quote:
So what creates life?

Read up on abiogenisis. Just 'cause we can't fully explain it or replicate it (yet), doesn't mean it was magic.
Old 01-18-2013, 13:54   #170
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
So we know he could offer advice on mule handling. Still not sure if he was in the military longer than muscogee though.
Kind of an irrelevant point since Muscogee never claimed to be in the military or that he was competent to give military advice. The point was that Colonel Sanders (not an actual colonel) giving military advice was roughly analogous to you (not an actual doctor) giving medical advice. But this sort of deflection is to be expected from you. Why don't you try challenging what was actually said for a change? If you think through it slowly, you actually have a valid (unusually so) counterpoint that can be made.

It is interesting how you resort to intellectual dishonesty even when the truth would serve your purposes better. I can only assume that it is because dishonesty is all you know.

Last edited by Geko45; 01-18-2013 at 14:06..
Old 01-18-2013, 14:14   #171
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Kind of an irrelevant point since Muscogee never claimed to be in the military or that he was competent at giving military advice. The point was that Colonel Sanders (not an actual colonel) giving military advice was roughly analogous to you (not an actual doctor) giving medical advice. But this sort of deflection is to be expected from you. Why don't you try challenging what was actually said for a change?
Well, he was an actual colonel. Your knowledge is just limited to the point that you didn't know that there is more than one kind. If muscogee had never been in the military, Col Sanders probably knew at least one good tip he learned in the military that was probably useful, or at least interesting that muscogee didn't know. For those that know what PA's do and how they do it, y'all look petty. I don't need you to understand. It's honestly more fun watching you guys pretend to remain willfully ignorant.

One thing is also certain, dismissing a guy like Col Sanders, who came up with a product and novel methods, overcame adversity, developed a marketing strategy that has led to an international franchise operation lacks a certain insight. I wouldn't be so quick to ridicule a guy like that. His philanthropic efforts still provide scholarships. I doubt any of us in this thread will overshadow what he's done. Entrepreneurs are good people too.

Moral of the story, don't be too quick to judge.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-18-2013, 14:17   #172
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
Read up on abiogenisis. Just 'cause we can't fully explain it or replicate it (yet), doesn't mean it was magic.
If we can do it, couldn't someone else have done it on earth, in the beginning, on purpose? Still no magic needed.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-18-2013, 14:23   #173
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Well, he was an actual colonel. Your knowledge is just limited to the point that you didn't know that there is more than one kind.
Please, everyone here knows what a Kentucky Colonel is and that being one does not even remotely qualify one to comment on military matters. That was what he was driving at the whole time.

Quote:
For those that know what PA's do and how they do it, y'all look petty. I don't need you to understand.
See? Isn't it refreshing to debate on honest terms? I realize it is unfamiliar ground for you, but keep practicing and one day you might actually be able to participate in an adult discussion.

Quote:
One thing is also certain, dismissing a guy like Col Sanders, who came up with a product and novel methods, overcame adversity, developed a marketing strategy that has led to an international franchise operation lacks a certain insight. I wouldn't be so quick to ridicule a guy like that. His philanthropic efforts still provide scholarships. I doubt any of us in this thread will overshadow what he's done. Entrepreneurs are good people too.
Aww, and you were doing so well. Nobody said anything even remotely approaching the above. The comment was specifically in regards to "military advice" and nothing more. Back to evasion and misdirection I see.

Last edited by Geko45; 01-18-2013 at 15:06..
Old 01-18-2013, 14:39   #174
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Please, everyone here knows what a Kentucky Colonel is and that being one does not even remotely qualify one to comment on military matters. That was what he was driving at the whole time.

See? Isn't it refreshing to debate on honest terms? I realize it is unfamiliar ground for you, but keep prarcticing and one day you might actually be able to participate in an adult discussion.

Aww, and you were doing so well. Nobody said anything even remotely approaching the above. The comment was specifically in regards to "military advice" and nothing more. Back to evasion and misdirection I see.
The problem is that a conclusion was jumped too. He's a Veteran. I can't remember ever meeting a Veteran that didn't learn something worth passing on to those that never served. A KY Colonel is still a Colonel. Prior ignorance of that is no excuse.
Col Sanders would have been interesting to chat with. Oh well, much easier to dismiss him than take a chance to learn a little about the guy.

Gek, we both know you can't go too long without ad Homs. When you start debating without them, then you can pretend to be the adult. Not yet.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-18-2013 at 14:40..
Old 01-18-2013, 14:49   #175
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
Who said it was magic?

You made my point exactly. Science doesn't have all the answers
Old 01-18-2013, 14:50   #176
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
What "Creates" life? Nothing suggests that anything "Creates" it. What we're learning is that it happens on its own naturally. We're fairly close to proving it too.
Cool. How? What exactly is it?
Old 01-18-2013, 15:12   #177
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

And as you'll see by the time stamp the last time I edited it was 4 minutes after making it... to clean up some spelling errors and such. About 15 hour before Doc decided to try and twist it to make it appear as though I was claiming PTSD and lied about my actual statements to create drama in that thread.
Is this the first time Doc has gotten hung up on your post edits? Seems like he pulled something similar before when he got backed into a corner.
Old 01-18-2013, 15:17   #178
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Not sure I understand your question. What we've observed is that RNA has the potential for form on its own when the conditions are right and the materials available. Scientists have nearly been able to recreate RNA in a lab using just materials and conditions that would have been present on a pre-life Earth. No one said it's been proven yet. Only that we're close. Like 10 years close maybe.
Old 01-18-2013, 15:22   #179
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Is this the first time Doc has gotten hung up on your post edits? Seems like he pulled something similar before when he got backed into a corner.
As this thread illustrates, no tangent to him seems to absurd as long as it effectively draws attention away from his absolute lack of a cohesive argument. Seriously, what point is Doc even trying to make in this thread? Does anyone know?

Old 01-18-2013, 15:23   #180
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
This video gives a huge amount of evidence for how it could happen naturally. There is absolutely no reason to assume that life cannot come about without supernatural means. How many other complex chemical interactions do we not fully understand yet? Why don't we hold those unknown phenomena up as holy?

Assuming we should have this figured out by now is assuming that we know every single way the elements can interact with each other and there are no new chemistry discoveries to be made.

Closed Thread