Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2013, 14:48   #26
GlockN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
Don't underestimate me I do 7 mile in 10 mile walks all the time

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
Are you saying you can only complete 7 miles of a 10 mile walk? How long does it take you to walk 7 miles in your loadout?
GlockN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 15:57   #27
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmile View Post
Short of "bugging out" to Afghanistan... I just don't see why body armor is needed for preparedness. Am I wrong?
It's a much-debated topic. Personally, I see any situation where my odds of being shot at are elevated as a good time for body armor. Even simple rural-arkansas sheriff patrol, I wear it; never mind an Afghanistan or post-Katrina situation.

That said, it's not the first thing I'd buy prep-wise. Water, food, fitness, education/training, etc, all should come first imo.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 16:44   #28
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionshooter10 View Post
Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the Dangerous Old Men in our country.

I'd rather have them on my side than MANY others.
With increased age definitely comes a change in perspective. My dad turned 89 yesterday, and he's beyond 'fatalistic' about life & death now; he's flat-out cavalier about it.

My wife's parents are younger than mine - her grandmother is only five years older than my dad; 94 now. When she was 86-87 years old, I was at her house when she was watching some politician on tv who made her mad. Her knee-jerk comment back then was something along the lines of, "They all need killin. A life sentence just don't mean what it used to."

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 16:49   #29
FireForged
Millenium #3936

These are my free "if it were me" suggestions:

Ditch the Shears and put that pocket-knife in a "pocket"

Remove the IFAK off the side and if you feel like you simply must carry it, mount it on the front/beside your mag pouches in a break-away med pouch from 5.11, condor or itstactical.

If your primary defense rifle is a AK variant, then ditch the shotgun shells. If a shotgun is a secondary defense weapon, then mount a shell side-saddle on its receiver. It is after all (a secondary)

Lots of patches make a space busy to the eye and takes away from your bloodtype patch. If you are trying to draw attn to your bloodtype patch, I would put the red cross side by side with it and get rid of all the other morale patches. I would probably have a bloodtype on a bracelet or boot tab- As your plate carrier will be tossed aside if someone has to work on you.
Old 01-20-2013, 17:13   #30
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Why AK ammo and shotgun ammo DW?

IMO. As someone who's worn armor all day every day for over a year, carry as little as you can and achieve your goal.

Being fast and agile beats being armored against a hit.

I would say, you'd probably be faster, and better set if you had a "battle belt" with your IFAK, and all your med tools save the shears and a TQ outside.

That's how I like running my gear, gets me flatter, easier to don/doff, and better balance. Plus I have my ifak when I don't need my armor on.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29   #31
Bravo 1
CLM Number 143
Serious Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmile View Post
Short of "bugging out" to Afghanistan... I just don't see why body armor is needed for preparedness. Am I wrong?

Perhaps it is, that if you need to have simple things explained to you as one would a liberal, then it is you who has some thinking to do. As he has already invested plenty of thinking in his selection of kit.

My second thought is that you have never been shot at or given any serious thought to the repercussions of that action.

"Don't toy with me Ernie,I've already dispatched with Mr. Hooper,I've got six armed men stationed outside Big Birds nest,and as for Linda? Well its rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assasin approach now isn't it?-Stewy

Last edited by Bravo 1; 01-22-2013 at 13:59..
Bravo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 14:50   #32
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
When she was 86-87 years old, I was at her house when she was watching some politician on tv who made her mad. Her knee-jerk comment back then was something along the lines of, "They all need killin. A life sentence just don't mean what it used to."

Good One!!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 22:35   #33
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
The shotgun ammunition is not on there anymore Its optional on depending on my load out

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
As Stephen F. Roberts so famously said speaking with a Christian apologist "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote