GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-19-2013, 15:51   #21
vettely

Looks very nice (except the grip). Try a magpul grip.
Old 01-19-2013, 16:27   #22
RyanBDawg

Ammo bought.. Will put some rounds though it and let you guys know. Ill be using 50 grain American eagle .223.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 23:54   #23
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Ammo bought.. Will put some rounds though it and let you guys know. Ill be using 50 grain American eagle .223.

Holly crap where did you get this ammo you speak of???
Old 01-20-2013, 00:23   #24
cesaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I have seen 2 Mossberg .22lr AR type rifles. Both have had issues. Mostly magazine related. Curious to see how well they handle the .223.
.22 rifles typically have issues because they aren't built with the same QA and high standards as a semi-auto combat rifle.

the majority of .22 issues stem from ammo/magazines. One type of ammo that works amazingly in a Ruger, might be god aweful in a Mossberg.

to get a .22 AR to work as well as a 5.56 AR, you'd have to spend as much as that 5.56 AR.

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.

Last edited by cesaros; 01-20-2013 at 00:24..
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48   #25
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Holly crap where did you get this ammo you speak of???
Place called Larry's Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville AL. (Same place i bought my AR) They have tons of ammo, but are sticking to a strict X number of boxes per person per day limit. Also picked up 525 rounds of .22, and 300 rounds of 9mm..

Ill be back in a day or two and buy more.

Don't know how they have it but they have the hook up. ARs, AKs, tons of every type of ammo, mags, NFA class 3 etc..

You could buy 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 for a little under 300 I saw.

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 01-20-2013 at 04:58..
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21   #26
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Shotguns and ARs are completely different concepts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Right, because simply pointing out that shotguns and ARs use different principles for QA or operation means I must be a fan boy.

I get the feeling you're the same kind of person that runs out to buy an iPhone the day it's released, only to find out that it's riddled with bugs that won't be fixed for weeks.
You didn't mention anything about principles of QA for anything. You just spewed that rifles and shotguns are different.

My point was that quality control processes within a company will be commonplace from one product to the other. The techniques of quality control will be employed on all products, instead of just one. If Mossberg has a strong, WE Deming styled quality assurance program on it's shotguns, why wouldn't they apply it to their rifles?

If you knew anything about the actual quality control processes in manufacturing you would understand.

For instance: Torque settings are checked and charted a few times an hour. That way if something is falling out of spec., it is caught and corrected before dozens of units are made. The operator can see failing trends developing and can get freshly calibrated and accurate tools, or components, before they fall too far out of spec., causing substandard units to be made.

Fanboyism aside, it stands to reason that if Mossberg is checking and charting torques on a regular basis with their shotguns, then they will bring that same program to their rifle manufacturing. That's how companies establish a reputation.

If it was known that Mossberg is farming out manufacturing to another company, and the didn't have a similar QA process, it would be a different story. The Walther P22 is a good example. Production is farmed out, and the product isn't as high quality. The early SW99's were a disaster.

If a company has thin tolerances for it's parts from suppliers and workmanship on one product, why would they not on the other?

Nope. Don't own a ipod. And I never upgrade to another version of Windows before the first service pack is released.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Hey Yeager: Youtube is NOT your friend, and DOES NOT help your business.

Last edited by Gunny Lingus; 01-20-2013 at 12:24..
Gunny Lingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 13:36   #27
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

OP, if you don't mind and just for ****s and grins, post some pics of the gas key staking, castle nut staking, etc. And, if the bolt is MPI, feed ramps, etc.

I've never really drank that Kool Aid, but it would be interesting to know how they "stack up" to the perceived mil-spec standards.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 14:12   #28
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
OP, if you don't mind and just for ****s and grins, post some pics of the gas key staking, castle nut staking, etc. And, if the bolt is MPI, feed ramps, etc.

I've never really drank that Kool Aid, but it would be interesting to know how they "stack up" to the perceived mil-spec standards.
Here ya go..

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 16:37   #29
Made in Austria

Looks very nice! I am just curious, is there a small step between the receiver rail and the hand guard rail? Or is it just a optical illusion? If there is step you can align the rail better with the upper receiver rail because the hand guard rail might push down on the gas tube, this can cause premature gas tube/gas key wear because the gas tube cannot move up if the kas key/bolt carrier wants to push it up. But I am not sure how that rail is designed on the inside, there might be plenty of clearance. But it's worth checking. Aligning the rail nicely will give you probably less sight tweaking when you zero it in at the range. Enjoy your new rifle and take good care of it!

Last edited by Made in Austria; 01-20-2013 at 16:44..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 16:48   #30
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Looks very nice! I am just curious, is there a small step between the receiver rail and the hand guard rail? Or is it just a optical illusion? If there is step you can align the rail better with the upper receiver rail because the hand guard rail might push down on the gas tube, this can cause premature gas tube/gas key wear because the gas tube cannot move up if the kas key/bolt carrier wants to push it up. But I am not sure how that rail is designed on the inside, there might be plenty of clearance. But it's worth checking. Aligning the rail nicely will give you probably less sight tweaking when you zero it in at the range. Enjoy your new rifle and take good care of it!
No, it's just because the very last rail on the receiver is slightly raised, making it look that way in the photo. It lines up fine.

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 01-20-2013 at 16:48..
Old 01-20-2013, 17:10   #31
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Imagine what a ****fest this would be if the gas keys hadn't been well staked. The silence is deafening.

Now go put a couple thousand rounds into a stump, and let us know how reliable it is.

Looks like you have a fine rifle.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?

Last edited by Rooster Rugburn; 01-20-2013 at 17:12..
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:35   #32
Ruggles

Quote:
Imagine what a ****fest this would be if the gas keys hadn't been well staked. The silence is deafening.

Now go put a couple thousand rounds into a stump, and let us know how reliable it is.

Yeah that would have been a stew for sure.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:48   #33
RyanBDawg

Quote:

Ha thanks!

Mossberg has multiple weapon systems deployed by militaries (including our own) around the world, as well as with hundreds if not thousands of police departments around the country..

Internet commandos love to stick up their noses at new products. (Especially when it comes to the AR platform)

The same thing happened when S&W came out with their AR. Now that it is used by a number of police departments you don't hear those people anymore.

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 01-24-2013 at 07:26..
Old 01-20-2013, 17:58   #34
Ruggles

Quote:
Ha thanks!

Mossberg has multiple weapon systems deployed by militaries (including our own) around the world, as well as with hundreds if not thousands of police departments around the country..

Internet commandos love to stick up their noses at new products. (Especially when it comes to the AR platform)

The same thing happened when S&W came out with their AR. Now that it used used by a number of police departments you don't hear those people anymore.

True enough. Brand names run very strong with some AR people. It's odd to see the battles that go on sometimes over brands in this sub forum when many of the same components make up the rifles in the debate.

Heck these days a guy is just lucky to find a AR near MSRP

Last edited by Ruggles; 01-20-2013 at 18:00..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:01   #35
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Heck these days a guy is just lucky to find a AR near MSRP
That's for damn sure!

Old 01-20-2013, 18:22   #36
aptrpl6
Detached Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post
.22 rifles typically have issues because they aren't built with the same QA and high standards as a semi-auto combat rifle.

the majority of .22 issues stem from ammo/magazines. One type of ammo that works amazingly in a Ruger, might be god aweful in a Mossberg.

to get a .22 AR to work as well as a 5.56 AR, you'd have to spend as much as that 5.56 AR.
It should also be noted that the "Mossberg Tactical 22" isn't even remotely based on the AR-15 with the exception of cosmetics. It's based on the "Mossberg 702 Autoloader". In my experience, they both run just fine. OP, enjoy that new rifle!

Carolina Glockers 13666
aptrpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:25   #37
kalashluvr

Quote:
Place called Larry's Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville AL. (Same place i bought my AR) They have tons of ammo, but are sticking to a strict X number of boxes per person per day limit. Also picked up 525 rounds of .22, and 300 rounds of 9mm..

Ill be back in a day or two and buy more.

Don't know how they have it but they have the hook up. ARs, AKs, tons of every type of ammo, mags, NFA class 3 etc..

You could buy 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 for a little under 300 I saw.

Larry is doing something right! I've been looking for an XDs and lo and behold walk in and he has multiples. In a bit concerned because the inspection and test fire date has 1/12/2012 stamped on the envelope.....maybe the inspector hasn't flipped the date on the stamp ??

Old 01-20-2013, 20:01   #38
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

One of our collaborating instructors bought his daughter a Mossberg AR when she took our NRA Rifle Instructor Course. The rifle could not be zeroed. We finally figured out that the windage adjustment on the rear sight was wandering around upon recoil, so we put a RDS on it. Although we were able to zero it somewhat with the RDS, it was one of the least accurate AR's that we have ever run across, shooting 6-8 inch groups with everything. Hopefully their QC has gotten better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 20:59   #39
tampashooters
Shellback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I have seen 2 Mossberg .22lr AR type rifles. Both have had issues. Mostly magazine related. Curious to see how well they handle the .223.
Those aren't AR type... they are just a plinkster with plastic shells... NOT the same AT ALL.

http://www.romeotangobravo.net/2011/...-22-first.html

tampashooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 21:28   #40
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
One of our collaborating instructors bought his daughter a Mossberg AR when she took our NRA Rifle Instructor Course. The rifle could not be zeroed. We finally figured out that the windage adjustment on the rear sight was wandering around upon recoil, so we put a RDS on it. Although we were able to zero it somewhat with the RDS, it was one of the least accurate AR's that we have ever run across, shooting 6-8 inch groups with everything. Hopefully their QC has gotten better.
I read several reviews before I bought it. All of them had no problem with accuracy.

Hopefully it is just an aberration.