SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2013, 13:48   #1
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

This is the new approach I'm taking with anti gun people,

Remind them of what they don't like about the government and that they're advocating so hard to give a monopoly on the use of force to that same government... and the corporations that controls it. It's making them stop and think more than anything else I've tried.

FB post,

Political Issues

" I saw this yesterday and I rolled my eyes and blew it off as another right wing anti-occupy jab that needed no further consideration. Then I gave it further consideration. This is exactly what so many on the left are asking for. It may not be what they want but it's what they're asking for. So many times since this most recent shooting I've heard the cries that only police and military should have guns or should have "those types of guns". This is the police force that you want to hand more power to. This is what you're asking for, a police state that you will be completely powerless to resist no matter how far they go because you've happily and willingly disarmed yourselves and everyone else. You're trying your best to make sure that the agents of the rich and powerful get to have the big guns and we don't. You scream and cry for tougher gun restrictions for everyone but the elite that can get whatever they like.

You really don't want to do anything. You just want somebody else to do something. It's just like the right keeps saying about you."

Last edited by Gunhaver; 01-24-2013 at 13:50..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 13:52   #2
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Remind them of what they don't like about the government and that they're advocating so hard to give a monopoly on the use of force to that same government... and the corporations that controls it. It's making them stop and think more than anything else I've tried.

FB post,

Political Issues

" I saw this yesterday and I rolled my eyes and blew it off as another right wing anti-occupy jab that needed no further consideration. Then I gave it further consideration. This is exactly what so many on the left are asking for. It may not be what they want but it's what they're asking for. So many times since this most recent shooting I've heard the cries that only police and military should have guns or should have "those types of guns". This is the police force that you want to hand more power to. This is what you're asking for, a police state that you will be completely powerless to resist no matter how far they go because you've happily and willingly disarmed yourselves and everyone else. You're trying your best to make sure that the agents of the rich and powerful get to have the big guns and we don't. You scream and cry for tougher gun restrictions for everyone but the elite that can get whatever they like.

You really don't want to do anything. You just want somebody else to do something. It's just like the right keeps saying about you."
quite hypocritical coming from someone that voted for one of the biggest proponents of big government out there..

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 14:07   #3
TxGun

Of course your post makes perfect sense. However, I'm a little skeptical of where this might be going based on your history here. Be a stand-up guy, be true to your beliefs (whatever they are), be consistent about that, and don't try to justify lying. Do that and, while I may disagree with some things you say, I'll respect your opinions.
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 15:00   #4
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
quite hypocritical coming from someone that voted for one of the biggest proponents of big government out there..
I'm telling you what works in my experience. If you get more pleasure out of calling everyone a liberal nut job than you get from maintaining gun rights then carry on. See how much those people care about your guns with that approach.

Do you want to change minds or are you just in need of somebody to point at and ***** about? Never mind. I know the answer to that question.
Old 01-24-2013, 15:08   #5
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGun View Post
Of course your post makes perfect sense. However, I'm a little skeptical of where this might be going based on your history here. Be a stand-up guy, be true to your beliefs (whatever they are), be consistent about that, and don't try to justify lying. Do that and, while I may disagree with some things you say, I'll respect your opinions.

What do you mean "skeptical of where this is going? Do you think I'm setting a trap that you can't see coming? Thanks for the vote of confidence in my cleverness.

Where am I inconsistent with my beliefs? I'd be willing to bet that I encounter more liberal anti-gun types on a daily basis than you do. Do you think maybe I have a better idea of how to deal with them without coming off like an easily dismissed righty gun nut than you do?
Old 01-24-2013, 15:10   #6
whoflungdo

Quote:
I'm telling you what works in my experience. If you get more pleasure out of calling everyone a liberal nut job than you get from maintaining gun rights then carry on. See how much those people care about your guns with that approach.

Do you want to change minds or are you just in need of somebody to point at and ***** about? Never mind. I know the answer to that question.

Please explain how voting for Obama helps maintain your gun rights. Give specifics. If you get more pleasure out of calling people wing nuts than your gun rights, carry on.

GTDS Certified Member #9

Last edited by whoflungdo; 01-24-2013 at 15:18..
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 15:14   #7
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
In fairness to haver of gun, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then...
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 15:40   #8
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Please explain how voting for Obama helps maintain your gun rights. Give specifics. If you get more pleasure out of calling people wing nuts than your gun rights, carry on.
I didn't vote for Obama to help maintain my gun rights. I voted on many other issues that you and your compadres here don't care about. I'm not single issue.

I can ignore any new gun laws just like I used to ignore the pot laws that republicans are so happy to subject us to and just like those pot laws, the gun laws will be ignored by so many people right along with me that the government won't be able to do much about it except waste money fighting it until people start to wake up to the stupidity of prohibition.
Old 01-24-2013, 15:46   #9
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Some people see the businessman as their enemy, therefore government must be their friend. Others see the government as the enemy, therefore business must be their friend. Some on GT will bash the liberal (and deservedly so), but still maintain a delusion about how American business operates on some textbook level and validates capitalism.

The scenarios play out in everyone's head, as long as there is a steady diet of TV's politics/entertainment of Either-Or. All one need to do is dig slightly deeper and witness the truly disgusting level of public-private partnerships in America today.

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 01-24-2013 at 15:48..
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 16:45   #10
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Quote:
I didn't vote for Obama to help maintain my gun rights. I voted on many other issues that you and your compadres here don't care about. I'm not single issue.
Political Issues

did ya'll hear something?

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 16:50   #11
TxGun

Well, it's what I thought. OP is just building another platform to spew arrogant BS from.
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 16:58   #12
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:

Remind them of what they don't like about the government and that they're advocating so hard to give a monopoly on the use of force to that same government...
How can anyone who voted for Obama be the least bit worried about the government encroaching on our 2nd amendment rights.

Who did you think you were voting for?....
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 17:21   #13
ballr4lyf

Quote:

I can ignore any new gun laws just like I used to ignore the pot laws that republicans are so happy to subject us to and just like those pot laws, the gun laws will be ignored by so many people right along with me that the government won't be able to do much about it except waste money fighting it until people start to wake up to the stupidity of prohibition.
I doubt most of us here are single issue voters. The difference is, we prioritize our issues. Being that gun rights have been under constant attack, and this is an issue that shouldn't even be up for discussion as it is already outlined as an "inalienable" right in our founding documents, this issue is at the top of the list. As it should be.

If the roles were switched - if Obama, with his same ideologies, had said during the debates that we did not need any new gun laws, and Romney, with his same ideologies, had said the opposite - I'd have (begrudgingly) pulled the lever for Obama instead.

Instead, you gave up your country so dudes could marry other dudes. Or was it so that the gubment could have a say in what a women does with her va-jay-jay? Either way, you chose that as a priority over an "inalienable" right.
ballr4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 18:58   #14
evlbruce

Quote:
Quite. Op claims to not want gun control, and argues that empowering the government is a bad thing... then turns around demanding entitlements and empowers leaders who *gasp* want a totalist state.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:08   #15
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

I think TxGun was right in a way. This thread started as a way to argue with liberal gun banners which is actually working but it's real purpose seems to be to demonstrate that on GTPI the real concern isn't gun rights, it's finding every possible opportunity to ***** about liberals.

Go ahead fellas, keep up the exclusionary tactics and see how far that gets you.
Old 01-24-2013, 19:40   #16
hogship
It's MY Island

There might be a liberal here and there who thinks we don't need any more gun laws, but they are very few and far between. Banning guns is a platform core issue for liberalism.

Gunhaver, big government, less freedom, is exactly what you voted for.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:42   #17
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Wants gun rights preserved but voted for the most rabid anti gun politician in Washington. Wants less government intrusion but voted for the politician who increased the size and spending of the government tenfold.
Move along, nothing to see here. Just another trolling attempt courtesy of scumhaver.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:51   #18
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

FB post,

Political Issues

If you have reached an epiphany, I applaud you. Now try applying this same argument to your desire for government healthcare.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:22   #19
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:

FB post,

Political Issues

Well done. I like it.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:36   #20
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Quote:

Go ahead fellas, keep up the exclusionary tactics and see how far that gets you.
if it excludes you, I'm all for it.

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote