Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 17:41   #401
ksg0245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Wow, you guys.

If I make a claim that something seems to me......

You demand absolute proof that it is. What a dishonest tactic,
More dishonest than repeatedly falsely claiming someone demanded absolute proof of something?
Old 01-23-2013, 17:45   #402
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
You're right, it was stupid of me to expect honest debate from you, given your previous behavior. Wave and dance, practice makes perfect.
Tell you what you need to do. Go find someone you trust, that is not rabidly anything, a middle of the road kind of a guy. Print off the last 4 pages of this thread, and have him circle the screen names of the DB's.

If the guy is objective and not emotionally invested, you'll learn a valuable lesson in what is and what is not rational.
Old 01-23-2013, 17:47   #403
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
More dishonest than repeatedly falsely claiming someone demanded absolute proof of something?
Religious Issues

You really can't help yourself, can you. Really, stop. Go find that friend like I suggested.
Old 01-23-2013, 18:31   #404
ksg0245

Quote:
Religious Issues

You really can't help yourself, can you. Really, stop. Go find that friend like I suggested.
Why would I stop when I'm having so much fun?
Old 01-23-2013, 18:34   #405
ksg0245

Quote:
Tell you what you need to do. Go find someone you trust, that is not rabidly anything, a middle of the road kind of a guy. Print off the last 4 pages of this thread, and have him circle the screen names of the DB's.

If the guy is objective and not emotionally invested, you'll learn a valuable lesson in what is and what is not rational.
I have no difficulty distinguishing rational and irrational. That's one of the great things about not blindly accepting unsupported assertions.
Old 01-23-2013, 18:47   #406
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Sure thing shroom man. When was your last negative tox screen?
I don't do drugs, or drink, or smoke. You're making claims again without a shred of proof to back them up. Always so dishonest Cav-Pa... why is that? The most you'll find in my system is GNC Big 150, Omega 3 Fish Oil, GNC Mega Men Multi. Currently shopping around for a quality probiotic. Don't bother suggesting one. My Pharmacist is one of those guys that runs marathons and does the tough mudder stuff. I take my fitness advise from someone that knows what works.

Quote:
The Mefloquin was about 18 years ago. It's for malaria. The vivid dreams stop when you stop the medicine
"Neuropsychiatric effects are reported with mefloquine use. The FDA product guide states it can cause mental health problems, including anxiety, hallucinations, depression, unusual behavior, and suicidal ideations, among others. Some have reported severe central nervous system events requiring hospitalization in about one in 10,000 people taking mefloquine for malaria prevention, with milder events (e.g., dizziness, headache, insomnia, and vivid dreams) in up to 25%. When some measure of subjective severity is applied to the rating of adverse events, about 11-17% of travelers are incapacitated to some degree."

Vivid dreams are one of the minor issues it can cause. Crazy people rarely know they're crazy Cav-Pa... you may have damaged your brain more than you know. But why would we take medical information from a potentially mentally ill PA seriously?

Quote:
Call your dad, he can tell you probably about half of what I could tell you about it without cracking open a reference. When you are going to give it to 650 guys around you with live ammo, 120mm and below, that kind of stuff interests you and the boss. But you'll believe a real doctor. Do me a favor and tell him exactly why you are asking. He'll be so proud of you then......
LMAO! If my dad says anything I'll instantly convert to religion. He's deader than disco.
Old 01-23-2013, 18:48   #407
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I have no difficulty distinguishing rational and irrational. That's one of the great things about not blindly accepting unsupported assertions.
IF, and it's a big "IF", but IF you were serious over the last several pages, you need some objective input. I only hope someone is available to you that is willing to provide it.

What you may not be understanding is that I honestly am hoping you get better at this. You're going off in a bad direction, and apparently in need of advice and guidance.

Logic is a skill, and it takes a while to get it right.

Best wishes.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-23-2013 at 18:48..
Old 01-23-2013, 18:53   #408
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
I don't do drugs, or drink, or smoke. You're making claims again without a shred of proof to back them up. Always so dishonest Cav-Pa... why is that? The most you'll find in my system is GNC Big 150, Omega 3 Fish Oil, GNC Mega Men Multi. Currently shopping around for a quality probiotic. Don't bother suggesting one. My Pharmacist is one of those guys that runs marathons and does the tough mudder stuff. I take my fitness advise from someone that knows what works.

"Neuropsychiatric effects are reported with mefloquine use. The FDA product guide states it can cause mental health problems, including anxiety, hallucinations, depression, unusual behavior, and suicidal ideations, among others. Some have reported severe central nervous system events requiring hospitalization in about one in 10,000 people taking mefloquine for malaria prevention, with milder events (e.g., dizziness, headache, insomnia, and vivid dreams) in up to 25%. When some measure of subjective severity is applied to the rating of adverse events, about 11-17% of travelers are incapacitated to some degree."

Vivid dreams are one of the minor issues it can cause. Crazy people rarely know they're crazy Cav-Pa... you may have damaged your brain more than you know. But why would we take medical information from a potentially mentally ill PA seriously?

LMAO! If my dad says anything I'll instantly convert to religion. He's deader than disco.
What's that google result tell you about how long the results last after the med is stopped.

To those that know, you're still coming off as an ignorant DB.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Disco? That long? Too bad. That's sincere.

He might have been able to teach you a lot in later years that you are now so resistant to learn. Life is not always fun and games. Sometimes, it's sad.
Old 01-23-2013, 19:32   #409
ksg0245

Quote:
IF, and it's a big "IF", but IF you were serious over the last several pages, you need some objective input. I only hope someone is available to you that is willing to provide it.

What you may not be understanding is that I honestly am hoping you get better at this. You're going off in a bad direction, and apparently in need of advice and guidance.

Logic is a skill, and it takes a while to get it right.

Best wishes.
Keep telling yourself I wasn't serious if that makes you feel better.

You said it seemed to you someone was making or had made the argument evolution disproves deities. You were asked by at least AM and me to cite someone making an argument that seemed to imply evolution disproves deity, but were unable to do so. You then hid behind "seems to be, seems to be." Still no actual example of anyone making this misguided argument you thought you saw.

It isn't a crime to be wrong; try and learn from it.
Old 01-23-2013, 20:02   #410
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Keep telling yourself I wasn't serious if that makes you feel better.

You said it seemed to you someone was making or had made the argument evolution disproves deities. You were asked by at least AM and me to cite someone

And I did. GH was happy to oblige by having a thread up at the same time with a very similar argument.

But let's be honest, nothing was going to be good enough.

Quote:

It isn't a crime to be wrong; try and learn from it.

The difference is that I can admit it when I am. I've never needed to be perfect, or even just better than everyone else. That's not a belief trait of agnostics.

Like I said, get some objective input. That is honest advice, given with good intentions. It might help you.

Winning in this particular argument is not making me feel good. I was never one to pick on the little funny looking kid on the playground. I was more likely to be the guy making the bully's leave him alone.

All joking and kidding aside, PM some of the others here, whatever it takes, but it's time to stop. You're not helping yourself here.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-23-2013 at 20:06..
Old 01-23-2013, 20:29   #411
Glock36shooter

Quote:
What's that google result tell you about how long the results last after the med is stopped.

To those that know, you're still coming off as an ignorant DB.
Mkay.... The first step in getting help is admitting you have a problem Pa.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Disco? That long? Too bad. That's sincere.

He might have been able to teach you a lot in later years that you are now so resistant to learn. Life is not always fun and games. Sometimes, it's sad.
Death is a part of life. I don't find it sad. He lived a long and full life. We should all be so lucky.
Old 01-23-2013, 20:37   #412
Syclone538

Quote:
I used to be sure there was a god. Then later, I was sure there was no god, and had never been one.

After a lot of contemplation, and a much better understanding of life, people, and human nature, I came to an understanding that I really didn't know nearly enough to really be sure one way or the other.
This is a surprise to me. On my transition from theist to atheist, there was a couple years where I would refuse to answer if I believe, like you do. I had assumed that's where you were, and were just stuck there. I did think it was odd that it was taking you so long to get through it, when you obviously think about it a lot.
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Old 01-23-2013, 20:37   #413
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Mkay.... The first step in getting help is admitting you have a problem Pa.
I'm starting to believe you have some masochistic tendencies.

Quote:
Death is a part of life. I don't find it sad. He lived a long and full life. We should all be so lucky.
Oh, if only you knew the half of it.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-23-2013 at 20:38..
Old 01-23-2013, 20:49   #414
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
This is a surprise to me. On my transition from theist to atheist, there was a couple years where I would refuse to answer if I believe, like you do. I had assumed that's where you were, and were just stuck there. I did think it was odd that it was taking you so long to get through it, when you obviously think about it a lot.
I went pretty quickly, maybe over a couple of months (or less) from theist (methodist) to atheist. I had no problem telling someone that asked that there was no god, and had all the same reasons I hear around here so often. I didn't volunteer that though. I was firmly there for about a decade or so.

I understand that for someone that had a transition the way you did, that others were on the same path.

As odd as it sounds, I was on both sides first, then landed in the middle. It's not a refusal to accept one or the other as true, it's an acceptance that there is just not enough evidence to make a decision, certainly not enough to be sure enough to feel that everyone else should believe the same way I do. If you know there is a god. OK. Good for you. If you know there is not a god. OK. Good for you too.

One can find good ideas in the most surprising places though.
Quote:
Bill: Be excellent to each other.
[room murmurs appreciatively]
Ted: Party on, dudes!
[room approves]
Bill: [to Ted] Good one, dude.
[to room]
Bill: Well, we gotta get back to our report.
We can learn to be good to each other from each other. But there are some that cannot grasp that concept.
Old 01-23-2013, 21:12   #415
ksg0245

Quote:
And I did.
And both AM and I pointed out that the argument didn't appear to say what you thought it did, and asked for a better example.

Quote:
GH was happy to oblige by having a thread up at the same time with a very similar argument.

But let's be honest, nothing was going to be good enough.
Not true; someone making an argument that could reasonably be misinterpreted as being evolution disproves deity would be good enough, as would someone actually making that argument.

Quote:
The difference is that I can admit it when I am.
Gosh, it sure doesn't look that way.

Quote:
I've never needed to be perfect, or even just better than everyone else. That's not a belief trait of agnostics.

Like I said, get some objective input.
Have you considered taking that advice?

Quote:
That is honest advice, given with good intentions. It might help you.
It just gets funnier how you keep trying to make this about some failing of mine.

Quote:
Winning in this particular argument is not making me feel good.
Being unable to provide the requested evidence is winning? Misinterpreting what someone said is winning?

Quote:
I was never one to pick on the little funny looking kid on the playground. I was more likely to be the guy making the bully's leave him alone.
So in this scenario, I'm supposed to be the funny looking kid, right?

Quote:
All joking and kidding aside, PM some of the others here, whatever it takes, but it's time to stop.
I'll stop pointing out mistakes when I stop seeing them. If anyone would like to point out where I've gone wrong, I invite them to do so, with the stipulation that if I think they've misunderstood something I've said, I can point it out. But if there's a flaw in my thinking, I really would like it identified.

Quote:
You're not helping yourself here.
In your opinion.

Last edited by ksg0245; 01-23-2013 at 21:16..
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35   #416
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Whatever dude. If you can't see it, you're beyond my help.

Take a break.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-24-2013 at 04:36..
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31   #417
ksg0245

Quote:

Take a break.
To appease you? I don't see some thing you can't identify but claim exists, and you want me to either agree with you or shut up about it. That sum it up?

If it bothers you, stop tossing out targets; I'm not obligated to ignore errors or provocative claims. You keep saying "it's okay to have different opinions," but it sure seems you dislike hearing opinions contrary to yours.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14   #418
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Against my better judgement, I'll try this one more time.

You latched onto a reply that stated an opinion qualified by:

"I do see a lot of people who seem to be arguing that"evolution is happening, so therefore, your god does not exist, and therefore no gods exist.

That was further qualified by:
That's, of course, a very simple paraphrasing of what the argument seems to be."

If that is a target to you, then yes, it's either evidence of hypersensitivity or intentional nitpicking. If it really was unintentional, you have issues.

Then you demanded proof that was my opinion. you got it.

When given link to a recent thread that clearly stated that a few particular animals are evidence against the existance of at least a benevolent god (see "your god does not exist above") you went a little loopy. No amount of evidence was likely to have been acceptable.

It's quite evident that you were either really or feigning hypersensitivity, and not open to rational, thoughtful or polite conversation.

If you can't keep your cool when I post here, that's a problem with something in close proximity to your keyboard, not mine. "Take a break" was advice, not a command, given because you might have actually been really hypersensitive.

Do what you please. It's not raising my BP.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03   #419
Glock36shooter

Quote:

Take a break.
This superiority act you put on where you see yourself as being more enlightened and seeing things more clearly than others makes your apparent inferiority complex glow in the dark dude. Couple this with the fact that you are an amazing attention whore that ALWAYS feels the need to get the last word with a feeling that you've SHOWN us... well... it's pretty clear you have issues.

You have an inability to be honest. Not just with us but with yourself.
Old 01-24-2013, 14:16   #420
ksg0245

Quote:
Against my better judgement, I'll try this one more time.

You latched onto a reply that stated an opinion qualified by:

"I do see a lot of people who seem to be arguing that"evolution is happening, so therefore, your god does not exist, and therefore no gods exist.

That was further qualified by:
That's, of course, a very simple paraphrasing of what the argument seems to be."

If that is a target to you, then yes, it's either evidence of hypersensitivity or intentional nitpicking. If it really was unintentional, you have issues.

Then you demanded proof that was my opinion. you got it.
You're just repeatedly lying now. Unfortunate. Nobody demanded proof of anything, as I've reminded you a few times. All it is is pointing out that bad design is counterintuitive from a deity with certain attributes.

Oh, well.

Quote:
When given link to a recent thread that clearly stated that a few particular animals are evidence against the existance of at least a benevolent god (see "your god does not exist above") you went a little loopy. No amount of evidence was likely to have been acceptable.
Not loopy, just amused that you think what was presented was a disproof of all deities.

Quote:
It's quite evident that you were either really or feigning hypersensitivity, and not open to rational, thoughtful or polite conversation.
Yeah, it's irrational to point out what you provided didn't say what you thought it did.

Quote:
If you can't keep your cool when I post here, that's a problem with something in close proximity to your keyboard, not mine. "Take a break" was advice, not a command, given because you might have actually been really hypersensitive.
The problem is I pointed out your error. You seem to think that's me losing my cool.

Quote:
Do what you please. It's not raising my BP.
Huh.
Old 01-24-2013, 15:32   #421
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I am starting to see the confusion.
It really doesn't seem like you are.
Quote:
The statement is one of an appearance to another. Not an exact measurement. And, It does seem to me that Evolution has been used as some sort of evidence that creation can not be. If it doesn't seem that way to you, it's perfectly OK.
And you're being asked to share some of the examples that lead you to that conclusion.
Quote:
The claim that I was being deceptive by you is a thinly veiled attempt to send me on a homework errand for you.
No, it isn't. It's a completely unveiled attempt to get you to support the claim you've made.
Quote:
Given enough time, there will be plenty of examples that I may or may not drop a link in this thread for you, if I get around to it. Fair enough?
No, not really. You claimed lots of examples exist. You've now presented two supposed instances, both by the same person, neither of which includes the argument you claim to be so common.

To the objective observer, it appears that you made a claim and when politely asked to provide supporting evidence chose to instead launch a torrent of insults and derision. Not the behavior of someone who truly believes what they've claimed, even if the claim is wrong. Rather, it appears you realize your claim was in error and now refuse to admit that error.
Old 01-24-2013, 15:40   #422
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
You claimed lots of examples exist. You've now presented two supposed instances, both by the same person, neither of which includes the argument you claim to be so common.
And now he seems to be conveniently ignoring my clarification of those supposed instances.
Old 01-24-2013, 17:37   #423
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
This superiority act you put on where you ....

You and your little friend make me laugh.

Really, watch the whole clip. It's so much like you two.

I don't expect you to see it, unless you reach the last couple of seconds, and that is SOOOO you.

Many of the more cerebral fellows around here get it too, but are somehow hesitant to admit it, some have voluntarily tried to give you two advice. But you aren't taking any. Suffice it to say, you are making the other 94% of atheists look bad.

If you still cannot see it, it's even better than it was before. You two cannot help yourselves. The fact that you are stoned out of you gourd just makes it easier. What time to you start smoking? 8 AM ?

Religious Issues

Really

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-24-2013 at 17:38..
Old 01-24-2013, 17:44   #424
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
It really doesn't seem like you are.
And you're being asked to share some of the examples that lead you to that conclusion.
I'm not even going to pretend that I have read past this point.

Read the thread.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1466683

Then read this thread again.

consider it, and respond after.

Old 01-24-2013, 20:22   #425
ksg0245

Quote:
I'm not even going to pretend that I have read past this point.
Admirable.
Closed Thread