Old 01-24-2013, 16:32   #421
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I am starting to see the confusion.
It really doesn't seem like you are.
Quote:
The statement is one of an appearance to another. Not an exact measurement. And, It does seem to me that Evolution has been used as some sort of evidence that creation can not be. If it doesn't seem that way to you, it's perfectly OK.
And you're being asked to share some of the examples that lead you to that conclusion.
Quote:
The claim that I was being deceptive by you is a thinly veiled attempt to send me on a homework errand for you.
No, it isn't. It's a completely unveiled attempt to get you to support the claim you've made.
Quote:
Given enough time, there will be plenty of examples that I may or may not drop a link in this thread for you, if I get around to it. Fair enough?
No, not really. You claimed lots of examples exist. You've now presented two supposed instances, both by the same person, neither of which includes the argument you claim to be so common.

To the objective observer, it appears that you made a claim and when politely asked to provide supporting evidence chose to instead launch a torrent of insults and derision. Not the behavior of someone who truly believes what they've claimed, even if the claim is wrong. Rather, it appears you realize your claim was in error and now refuse to admit that error.
Old 01-24-2013, 16:40   #422
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
You claimed lots of examples exist. You've now presented two supposed instances, both by the same person, neither of which includes the argument you claim to be so common.
And now he seems to be conveniently ignoring my clarification of those supposed instances.
Old 01-24-2013, 18:37   #423
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
This superiority act you put on where you ....

You and your little friend make me laugh.

Really, watch the whole clip. It's so much like you two.

I don't expect you to see it, unless you reach the last couple of seconds, and that is SOOOO you.

Many of the more cerebral fellows around here get it too, but are somehow hesitant to admit it, some have voluntarily tried to give you two advice. But you aren't taking any. Suffice it to say, you are making the other 94% of atheists look bad.

If you still cannot see it, it's even better than it was before. You two cannot help yourselves. The fact that you are stoned out of you gourd just makes it easier. What time to you start smoking? 8 AM ?

Religious Issues

Really

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-24-2013 at 18:38..
Old 01-24-2013, 18:44   #424
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
It really doesn't seem like you are.
And you're being asked to share some of the examples that lead you to that conclusion.
I'm not even going to pretend that I have read past this point.

Read the thread.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1466683

Then read this thread again.

consider it, and respond after.

Old 01-24-2013, 21:22   #425
ksg0245

Quote:
Admirable.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:20   #426
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:

Read the thread.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1466683
Done.
Quote:
Then read this thread again.

consider it, and respond after.

I see, you can't be bothered to read a whole post but I'm supposed to read whole threads to find your supposed evidence. However, being an affable sort, I've done so and I still see no examples of the argument you claim to be so common. In fact, it seems multiple posters in that thread explicitly reject such an argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
Rejecting the idea of a god has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution shouldn't lead people to doubt there is a god, the complete lack of evidence for a god should lead people to doubt there is a god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Understand that none of this eliminates the possibility of a designer to me. It only contradicts the very detailed accounts of what kind of designer was involved by those that are sure they know Him to exist.
The closest example appears to be English's post where he writes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
No. It is two things. The totality of science, not just evolution, should lead people to believe that there is almost certainly not a creator.
But it's hard to say where that discussion might have gone given that you chose to descend into condescension and insults rather than attempting a substantive conversation, just as you did in this thread.

Last edited by Animal Mother; 01-25-2013 at 02:22..
Old 01-25-2013, 03:49   #427
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

But it's hard to say where that discussion might have gone given that you chose to descend into condescension and insults rather than attempting a substantive conversation, just as you did in this thread.
I think that right there is the best reason why we should all be ignoring Doc. He's taken so many threads right back into his crazy realm of "atheism is a religion" and "everybody is trying to disprove the deity" that it's affecting the quality of the discussions here. Grape has already bailed again and he was one of the best posters in RI. I suspect that this was Doc's plan all along. He's a theist that's irked about the atheist takeover of RI and he's decided to devolve every discussion he can into madness until we all get sick of it and just go away.

Notice that he happily falls back on classic theist arguments and never seems to take issue with anything the theists say despite their being so much more certain that they know the truth than any of the atheists have ever claimed to be.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32   #428
ksg0245

Quote:
I think that right there is the best reason why we should all be ignoring Doc. He's taken so many threads right back into his crazy realm of "atheism is a religion" and "everybody is trying to disprove the deity" that it's affecting the quality of the discussions here. Grape has already bailed again and he was one of the best posters in RI. I suspect that this was Doc's plan all along. He's a theist that's irked about the atheist takeover of RI and he's decided to devolve every discussion he can into madness until we all get sick of it and just go away.

Notice that he happily falls back on classic theist arguments and never seems to take issue with anything the theists say despite their being so much more certain that they know the truth than any of the atheists have ever claimed to be.
That might not be fair; he called out one theist for claiming the existance of the Sun is evidence of God, for example. There is something going on, though.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08   #429
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
That might not be fair; he called out one theist for claiming the existance of the Sun is evidence of God, for example. There is something going on, though.
Well, strictly speaking, he claimed that it appeared to be evidence of a sun. He didn't tell the theist it was *not* evidence of a god, and the two aren't necessarily exclusive.

I haven't seen him use the same argumentation tactics against the theists as he does against the atheists, although I haven't been around for a while, and the mere fact that I haven't observed him do so does not mean he hasn't.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
Old 01-25-2013, 09:09   #430
muscogee

Quote:
Iv'e noticed this as well. He's either a closet theists or a contrarian.

Leona Helmsley
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33   #431
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry PA View Post
The fact that you are stoned out of you gourd just makes it easier. What time to you start smoking? 8 AM ?
Why do you always prefer to be a liar Cav-Pa. I've noticed that about you. Are you projecting? What if I were to start saying it's a fact that you molest children, prefer little boys, and then used it in our conversations as my Ah-Ha! moment like you do with the drug horse **** and me. Think about it for a second. You believe you have a good reputation around here. The truth aside, how would you like posts floating around insinuating that you molest kids? There'd be some folks that would know better but there'd be some that might actually believe it. I've told you like 3 times that I do not smoke, do drugs, or drink. You have no excuse for claiming that it's a fact that I do drugs. I know you don't like me. I know we disagree greatly on just about everything. I don't like you either and that's ok. We don't have to like each other or even get along. But why make a liar and troll of yourself by acting this way. I know you can easily dodge it... you're well practiced at wiggling out of your lies. But why do it at all?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-25-2013 at 10:35..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11   #432
ksg0245

Quote:
Originally Posted by void * View Post
Well, strictly speaking, he claimed that it appeared to be evidence of a sun. He didn't tell the theist it was *not* evidence of a god, and the two aren't necessarily exclusive.
Good point; I may have read too much into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by void * View Post
I haven't seen him use the same argumentation tactics against the theists as he does against the atheists, although I haven't been around for a while, and the mere fact that I haven't observed him do so does not mean he hasn't.

Closed Thread