GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:20   #426
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I'm not even going to pretend that I have read past this point.

Read the thread.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1466683
Done.
Quote:
Then read this thread again.

consider it, and respond after.

I see, you can't be bothered to read a whole post but I'm supposed to read whole threads to find your supposed evidence. However, being an affable sort, I've done so and I still see no examples of the argument you claim to be so common. In fact, it seems multiple posters in that thread explicitly reject such an argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
Rejecting the idea of a god has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution shouldn't lead people to doubt there is a god, the complete lack of evidence for a god should lead people to doubt there is a god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Understand that none of this eliminates the possibility of a designer to me. It only contradicts the very detailed accounts of what kind of designer was involved by those that are sure they know Him to exist.
The closest example appears to be English's post where he writes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
No. It is two things. The totality of science, not just evolution, should lead people to believe that there is almost certainly not a creator.
But it's hard to say where that discussion might have gone given that you chose to descend into condescension and insults rather than attempting a substantive conversation, just as you did in this thread.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

Last edited by Animal Mother; 01-25-2013 at 01:22..
Animal Mother is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49   #427
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post

But it's hard to say where that discussion might have gone given that you chose to descend into condescension and insults rather than attempting a substantive conversation, just as you did in this thread.
I think that right there is the best reason why we should all be ignoring Doc. He's taken so many threads right back into his crazy realm of "atheism is a religion" and "everybody is trying to disprove the deity" that it's affecting the quality of the discussions here. Grape has already bailed again and he was one of the best posters in RI. I suspect that this was Doc's plan all along. He's a theist that's irked about the atheist takeover of RI and he's decided to devolve every discussion he can into madness until we all get sick of it and just go away.

Notice that he happily falls back on classic theist arguments and never seems to take issue with anything the theists say despite their being so much more certain that they know the truth than any of the atheists have ever claimed to be.
Gunhaver is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:32   #428
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I think that right there is the best reason why we should all be ignoring Doc. He's taken so many threads right back into his crazy realm of "atheism is a religion" and "everybody is trying to disprove the deity" that it's affecting the quality of the discussions here. Grape has already bailed again and he was one of the best posters in RI. I suspect that this was Doc's plan all along. He's a theist that's irked about the atheist takeover of RI and he's decided to devolve every discussion he can into madness until we all get sick of it and just go away.

Notice that he happily falls back on classic theist arguments and never seems to take issue with anything the theists say despite their being so much more certain that they know the truth than any of the atheists have ever claimed to be.
That might not be fair; he called out one theist for claiming the existance of the Sun is evidence of God, for example. There is something going on, though.
ksg0245 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08   #429
void *
Dereference Me!
 
void *'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: #define NULL ((void *)0)
Posts: 10,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
That might not be fair; he called out one theist for claiming the existance of the Sun is evidence of God, for example. There is something going on, though.
Well, strictly speaking, he claimed that it appeared to be evidence of a sun. He didn't tell the theist it was *not* evidence of a god, and the two aren't necessarily exclusive.

I haven't seen him use the same argumentation tactics against the theists as he does against the atheists, although I haven't been around for a while, and the mere fact that I haven't observed him do so does not mean he hasn't.
__________________
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09   #430
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Notice that he happily falls back on classic theist arguments and never seems to take issue with anything the theists say despite their being so much more certain that they know the truth than any of the atheists have ever claimed to be.
Iv'e noticed this as well. He's either a closet theists or a contrarian.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33   #431
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry PA View Post
The fact that you are stoned out of you gourd just makes it easier. What time to you start smoking? 8 AM ?
Why do you always prefer to be a liar Cav-Pa. I've noticed that about you. Are you projecting? What if I were to start saying it's a fact that you molest children, prefer little boys, and then used it in our conversations as my Ah-Ha! moment like you do with the drug horse **** and me. Think about it for a second. You believe you have a good reputation around here. The truth aside, how would you like posts floating around insinuating that you molest kids? There'd be some folks that would know better but there'd be some that might actually believe it. I've told you like 3 times that I do not smoke, do drugs, or drink. You have no excuse for claiming that it's a fact that I do drugs. I know you don't like me. I know we disagree greatly on just about everything. I don't like you either and that's ok. We don't have to like each other or even get along. But why make a liar and troll of yourself by acting this way. I know you can easily dodge it... you're well practiced at wiggling out of your lies. But why do it at all?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-25-2013 at 09:35..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:11   #432
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by void * View Post
Well, strictly speaking, he claimed that it appeared to be evidence of a sun. He didn't tell the theist it was *not* evidence of a god, and the two aren't necessarily exclusive.
Good point; I may have read too much into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by void * View Post
I haven't seen him use the same argumentation tactics against the theists as he does against the atheists, although I haven't been around for a while, and the mere fact that I haven't observed him do so does not mean he hasn't.
ksg0245 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:02.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 906
220 Members
686 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42