Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2013, 21:43   #101
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Might be able to do that on an X frame, but man that would be a hoss to carry around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:49   #102
Deaf Smith

Don't you guys see it does not matter if it's a 10 round or 7 round or six round limit?

The concept IS they can limit. If they make it a 7 round limit and ONE NUTJOB uses a pair of seven shooters and some spare mags to do the same carnage, well then they will say 'if it saves one life' and vola, a 6 round limit. Then a five round limit, then... well like the U.K. they will keep going till only single shots kept at the local gun club are all you have. Won't matter that the gangs still get them (and without the pesky 7 shot mags to.)

It's called incrementalization. Bit by bit over the years. All done with fancy talk. Nudge here, push there, all with the view of the goal.

But for conversation's sake, I'd just get a pair of guns like Sig 239s in .357 Sig or .40 S&W or 1911s in 45 (like the Commander sized 1911s from Rock Island. Actually I find them pretty good guns.)

But again, sooner or later it will become a 6 shot limit. That is just how they work. Heck man, Social Security was supposed to be only paid by 'rich' people's taxes. Now wasn't that a gas? Year after year they changed the law to lower the limit.

But don't get mad, Ponzi schemes are just what politicians love, and using incrementalization they can keep it going for centuries.

Sleep tight.

Deaf

Last edited by Deaf Smith; 01-21-2013 at 21:51..
Deaf Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:54   #103
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Might be able to do that on an X frame, but man that would be a hoss to carry around.
No kidding, that would be a heck of a sight though
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 22:12   #104
deguelo

new york nonsense

once again, we in ny are justifiably the subject of national scorn and ridicule. i think the last time was due to elliot spitzer's uh..... 'indiscretions'

it seems easy for certain fortunate residents of free states to presumptuously suggest that we ny subjects pick up and move from this 2nd amendment forsaken hell hole. i admit, all things being equal, no gun lovin' person would choose to live here.

all things are never equal, though. career, wife's career, family, and kids in school are some of my un-equalizers. my next clear chance to gtfo will be upon my retirement, and i resolve to take advantage of it. anyway, spare us the unsolicited advice......

i'm also amused by non-residents who are inclined to offer new yorkers up to the legal system. to them, i suggest they visit nyc and open carry a g17 with a post ban 17 rounder in time square. manfully stride up to the first nypd you see and say 'make my day'. i'll contribute to your legal defense fund...

if you're unwilling to do so, again, spare us.

if this excrable law remains in effect, i'll grit my teeth and carry my dw cco, sw 386 night guard, pm9, or sw 340 m&p until i can emigrate to free america.

best to all-- deguelo
deguelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42   #105
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley6133 View Post
Desert Eagle in 50AE. Factory magazine holds 7 rounds
Are they now banned because of their weight?
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48   #106
I Shooter

I would say a Glock 36 or most revolvers.
I Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 16:43   #107
olderguy

Hoping that Sig revives the 7 round magazine for the P220.

I have spent my adult life in rural NH and very upstate NY. Born in NYC. The cultural disconnect between rural NYers and the downstate urban areas is astounding and disturbing. But, it is also very typical of the rest of the country. Our governor, who's family is a trailer park version of the Kennedy's, made a very cynical legislative move to enhance his chances on the national stage in 2016. Downstate Democrats are bright enough to understand that this law will have little practical effect on urban gun violence, which is driven, in large part, by an ever growing drug culture. Rather than deal with root personal behavior issues, they hammered us "gun nuts", congratulated themselves for their courage in doing so, and will now move on to legislating some other simplistic solution to other critical issues.
olderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 17:58   #108
spcwes

A S&W N frame of some sort, maybe one of the 7 shot 357mags or a 44 mag with light loaded mag rounds or hot 44 spl rounds. Keep the barrel length down to 4" or 3.75". Would also consider a 45 Colt or M25 in 45 ACP. If I had to only carry those I would be perfectly fine with them. I am sorry you guys/gals are having to deal with this, very sorry. I wish the best for you all.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-

Last edited by spcwes; 01-24-2013 at 17:58..
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 18:39   #109
sgtbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSTG58 View Post
As I understand it, my 10 round Glock 30 mags will still be legal, but only loaded to 7. I've been carrying a.45 for years. But I have been thinking 1911!
you are correct.
sgtbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:39   #110
deguelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
Hoping that Sig revives the 7 round magazine for the P220.

I have spent my adult life in rural NH and very upstate NY. Born in NYC. The cultural disconnect between rural NYers and the downstate urban areas is astounding and disturbing. But, it is also very typical of the rest of the country. Our governor, who's family is a trailer park version of the Kennedy's, made a very cynical legislative move to enhance his chances on the national stage in 2016. Downstate Democrats are bright enough to understand that this law will have little practical effect on urban gun violence, which is driven, in large part, by an ever growing drug culture. Rather than deal with root personal behavior issues, they hammered us "gun nuts", congratulated themselves for their courage in doing so, and will now move on to legislating some other simplistic solution to other critical issues.
well said, sir. regards-- deguelo
deguelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 20:16   #111
Narkcop

S&W 3913,Kahr PM9,S&W J frame or a 1911 are all very adequate for home or personal carry self defense. Heck I ALWAYS carry something small and concealable when off duty or buying dope at work and it's usually a S&W BG .380 or a Sig P238 loaded with Hornady CD rounds or Buffalo Bore.
Narkcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 21:09   #112
clarson_75

do spare mags have to be CC as well. CC a 36 and get the largest mag carrier you can get. fill it up with 10 rnd mags loaded to 7. just a thought. better yet throw 10-15 mags in a fanny pack.

This nation is lead by a government that doesn't care what the law is and filled with a majority of people that don't care what the government does.
clarson_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 22:00   #113
Saberman

Commander size 1911 Bobtail.
Saberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17   #114
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSTG58 View Post
How many rounds does the Colt delta 10 mm hold? It was on my list before all this nonsense.

I'm also thinking something in .44.
I'm not sure about the supplied magazines with the Delta-Elite, but my 10mm 1911 is fed by Wilson Combat ETM mags (regular .45ACP mags) and they hold 9 rounds of 10mm

45ACP height = (8 * .45) = 3.6"
10mm height = (9 * .40) = 3.6"

This is my everyday carry weapon and this combo will remain on my side for years to come, I'll just be loading them with a couple less rounds.

Giving up those two rounds is worth it given how much safer I feel now that the men in-the-know have put a stop to all this high-capacity madness.
H&K P30S 9mm
Ruger SR22
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:31   #115
unit1069

The only options are 7-round capacity (or less) CCW handguns, with the certain option of getting everyone to the polls the next election to ensure that Andrew Cuomo's political career is ended for good. New York voters surely can't miss all the signs that this snarling, nasty, vicious megalomaniac is a Hitler-in-Waiting.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07   #116
chrisbroz

GTFO!!! Move to a free state - like FL (my state - I'm a political refugee from next door - the PDRNJ) or TX or AZ - my favorite - if I was younger and starting out - I'd go to AZ - open carry there - most Free States are south of the Mason-Dixon line - onliest one I know of NORTH of that line is Maine - you get used to the heat eventually and you'll find the folks in this part of the country are much more 'friendly' than they were 'up nawth' - I certainly discovered THAT - first in the Army, then after I moved here in '79. In FL all you need to purchase ANY weapon (except Title II/ClassIII) is your DL - a CCW allows you to take it home immediately....No more "Please, Mr Policeman, may I buy a firearm???" crap.

CB in FL...Either THAT or buy a G36 or a 1911...carry MANY spare mags.
chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 13:45   #117
AlaJack

Easy.. Carry a full capacity magazine of your choice, and simply take out any leftover rounds after using it, if you ever have to do so.
AlaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 14:07   #118
WT

Sorry Chris, can't agree. PSL to too dang crowded these days, just like the northeast. Move up 'nawth' to Vero.
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 14:23   #119
chrisbroz

Wasn't necessarily sayin' move to PSL...just to FL, TX, AZ, WY, ID, MO, NV or some other gun-owner friendly states...with 50 states and (for now) the freedom to move about, no one is stuck in a state ON-friendly to us gun owners...I got lucky in 1972 when I met a bud in the Army who became a 'brother from another mother'; he invited me down in '79 and I'm happy to have made the change - especially when I was young enough to do so (age 30); I've got a huge collection which never would've been allowed in the PDRNJ.

CB in FL - over the last 33 years I've moved further & further nawth - from Ft Lauderdale to WPB to PSL.
chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:19   #120
hunter won

The Kahr PM9 makes an excellent carry weapon here in NY and anywhere else. More people who are allowed to carry concealed in NY are buying guns that are compact and less than 10 rounds. April 15 2013 is when the law prevents the purchase of a firearm with more than 7 round magazines. If you purchased 10 round magazines prior to April 15 you may only load 7 rounds.
hunter won is offline   Reply With Quote