SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2013, 21:54   #21
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Bill also said, that he wouldn't built a gun that will fit in a pocket, look at Ruger now.... he must be turning

The only reason that company has survived is because he didn't.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:58   #22
RUT

>>The only reason that company has survived is because he didn't.<<

Sad to say, but that's pretty much it!
Ham Shack #11 (K1HS)
NRA since '63
USMC
"Foreign Aid: The transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries."
RUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53   #23
CMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
The only reason that company has survived is because he didn't.
"That's not entirely accurate..."

Ruger had no sales issues when Bill passed, or when the family divested themselves of the company. There are lots of reasons they grew into the largest gun maker in the US before Bill died... even without pocket pistols or ARs.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11   #24
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Are you familiar with the Boiled Frog analogy? If you want to boil a frog, you don't drop him right into boiling water, because he will jump right out of the pot. Instead, you put him into cold water and very slowly increase the heat until he is boiled.

We are the frogs. The anti's are slowly chipping away at our 2A rights, turning up the heat gradually. They know if they restricted us to single shots right off the bat, we would jump out of the pot just like the frog. Instead, they thought of the 10 round limit as a "reasonable" enough heat increase that we wouldn't resist. They were right. Many stayed right in the pot (1994 AWB, and various other states with an AWB).

During New York's new law, they tried to get their 10 round limit decreased to a 5 round limit. Instead, they ended up "compromising" on a 7 round limit. Next time around, will they shoot for 3 and end up settling on 5? After that, shoot for single shot but settle on a 3 shot? And so on ...

How much longer until we are a boiled frog?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
|

Last edited by Fear Night; 01-29-2013 at 10:12..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 16:00   #25
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG View Post
"That's not entirely accurate..."

Ruger had no sales issues when Bill passed, or when the family divested themselves of the company. There are lots of reasons they grew into the largest gun maker in the US before Bill died... even without pocket pistols or ARs.

Can you imagine him spewing that mag capacity and no pocket guns crap in todays gun climate? I think alot of people would say screw it to Ruger.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 16:24   #26
Leigh

Quote:
Can you imagine him spewing that mag capacity and no pocket guns crap in todays gun climate? I think alot of people would say screw it to Ruger.
People who remember those days haven't forgotten that Bill Ruger was a spineless coward who was in it for financial survival only. He could give two ****s about the shooting community or the Constitution.

Spinning in his grave? I certainly hope so.
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 16:38   #27
PLINKING.40

??

I thought it started with the Great LAPD shoot out with the (2) bank robbers with AK's and full body armor that almost Mowed down all of the Cops and Dect. and were out gunned...Could be wrong tho
Old 01-29-2013, 18:17   #28
CMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLINKING.40 View Post
I thought it started with the Great LAPD shoot out with the (2) bank robbers with AK's and full body armor that almost Mowed down all of the Cops and Dect. and were out gunned...Could be wrong tho
Nope, Stockton, Calif. school yard shooting was the advertised impetus.
Old 01-29-2013, 18:21   #29
CMG

Quote:
He'd changed his mind on magazines, realizing that nothing would placate those opposed to responsible gun ownership, and as far as pocket guns go, his pistols were never a corner-stone of the financial underpinnings. His hunting rifles, shotguns, and revolvers were the main-stays, and as much as we like to think otherwise, I'll bet there are lots of folks in the woods on opening day of deer season who don't own or want a pocket pistol or high-cap mag.

If it weren't so, we wouldn't have the political BS to contend with as the voices of opposition would be much, much louder.
Old 01-29-2013, 18:24   #30
CMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
People who remember those days haven't forgotten that Bill Ruger was a spineless coward who was in it for financial survival only. He could give two ****s about the shooting community or the Constitution.

Spinning in his grave? I certainly hope so.
I remember it a bit differently, and Bill wasn't alone in the mag-limit BS, but he is the one lots of folks like to focus on.
Old 01-29-2013, 18:35   #31
Glock Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
Weren't 10 round mags actually produced before the ban on "high caps?" I remember reading that the NYPD ordered them for their early issued semiautos because they felt high caps would cause their officers to "spray and pray" even more than they were already in the habit of doing.
This was the first time I ever heard of a ten round (reduced capacity) magazine but I thought it was then-Mayor David Dinkins that specified it... but then he got un-elected so it never happened.
Old 01-29-2013, 19:58   #32
plainsman

Anti gun agenda

The anti gun agenda is to hinder, hamper, delay, and destroy the rights of firearms owners and the firearms themselves. Alll these regulations are crap, but if they can regulate the firearms industry out of business, so be it!

What company will tool up making 7 rounds for NY, other wacko states, and for how long? What will the next ban entail, single shots? Once they put a company out of business, or forcing them to modify their products for one state, who the hell can stay in business that way?

Someone said it correct, they pulled a number out of their .a....s Unfortunately they are out there breeding, and voting democrap.
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49   #33
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG View Post
..his pistols were never a corner-stone of the financial underpinnings.
Actually, the Mk I put Ruger on the map in 1949-50.
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10   #34
Cmacc

The incrementalism accusation is spot on but it is only a part of what is going on. This is a video of AG Eric Holder from 1995 that surfaced last year. It is a government brainwashing operation that is a long term proposition.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ike-Cigarettes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36   #35
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I don't believe there is any significance to the 10 round limit in the past. I believe it is simply (as others say) a stepping stone to NONE. "No guns" was too big a bite for liberals to swallow before, and becoming more palatable to them now.

It was acceptable to the Government as a "first step" to the real interest to reduce it to zero incrementally. These baby steps have become Governments defined "common sense", as a means of circumventing the Constitution, and many have bought into it.

Soon the mag limit will be zero, if we let it.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 16:41   #36
CMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Actually, the Mk I put Ruger on the map in 1949-50.
You're right, with the discussion being about pocket pistols, I was only thinking about his center-fire pistols.
Old 01-31-2013, 21:43   #37
IllinoisGun

Mr. Bill "10 Rounds" Ruger

I remember 1993-94.
And don't let anyone tell you it was 15 rounds.
He said 10 was enough.
IllinoisGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 22:13   #38
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisGun View Post
Mr. Bill "10 Rounds" Ruger

I remember 1993-94.
And don't let anyone tell you it was 15 rounds.
He said 10 was enough.
Can anyone find evidence to settle the question of whether it was 10 or 15?

Anyway, always remember NY state:
-- AR is ok, just no bayonet lug.
-- No more 11+ mags, but you can keep the ones you got.
-- 10 rounds is the new limit.

. . . a dozen years later

-- No more AR at all, but you can keep the ones you got if you register them.
-- You have to get rid of all your 11+ mags, even the ones we previously said you could keep.
-- No more 8+ mags, but you can keep the ones you got, but you can't sell them in state.
-- 7 rounds is the new limit.

What is next, NY? What is next, America?

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 01-31-2013 at 22:14..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote