SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 14:59   #1
Brasso

May we please have an Atheist forum?

Every single thread on here lately is invaded by atheists. It's ridiculous. Look at the last dozen or so threads.

It's damned annoying.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:08   #2
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

We are not "invading". We have an issue with religion so we are posting in RI just like you. And I wouldn't be so quick to go petitioning for multiple forums on religion (or the lack thereof) as the only reason why this forum exists at all is because Eric didn't want to see these debates in GNG. If you go tell him that you now need something else on top of this then it is likely that he would just shut down RI altogether and ban religious topics completely. Is that what you want?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:08   #3
Cream Soda Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Every single thread on here lately is invaded by atheists. It's ridiculous. Look at the last dozen or so threads.

It's damned annoying.
Yes it is annoying. If there were real discussions that would be one thing, but there isnít. Just the same old vitriol. Iíll check in here and read a thread or two once in a while, but most of the time it just isnít worth it.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:22   #4
9jeeps

I would love to see you atheist on your own forum. I'll bet that would be a hoot!
Why? Because there is no such thing as an Atheist and never will be.

The Bible already tells us, "Every knee will bow. Every Tongue confess, Jesus Christ is Lord."

So far the Bible is 100% correct in telling what has happened and what is to come.

Last edited by 9jeeps; 01-29-2013 at 15:23..
Old 01-29-2013, 15:44   #5
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
We are not "invading"
Yes you are. People want to discuss religion and you attack the very core of the subject as non existent.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:55   #6
Leigh

I would just as soon see half of the GT forums eliminated, the religion forum being one of them.

Of course, if you don't like it then don't click on it...which is why I choose to not visit certain sub-forums.

That said, my spirtiual views are discussed and shared with my family, like-minded people, and my church. Period.

Wearing your religious beliefs on your sleeve is inviting nothing but trouble from complete strangers on a website and makes otherwise sensible adults, appear as fools.

Last edited by Leigh; 01-29-2013 at 15:57..
Old 01-29-2013, 15:59   #7
Berto
woo woo

Lots of serious insecurity on both sides.
Old 01-29-2013, 16:16   #8
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Quite frankly I've thought for awhile, now, that a forum for devil worshippers might be a perfect on-line, 'playpen' for the majority of these badly confused, and (I think) often deliberately misleading fellows.

They remind me of, 'party crashers'. The unfailing impression I get from much of the correspondence I've had with them is that if they have no personal sense of joy within themselves then they, sure as Hell, don't want you or me to have any hope in our hearts - either!

I mean, would you or I incessantly break-in, or interrupt a forum full of devil worshipers in order to spew invectives, or add your own two, 'miserable cents'? Believe me, I have no desire, whatsoever, to remind any of these people that they're, all, going to Hell. (Let 'um go where they will!)

The Lord God - speaking through the Prophet Moses in the 30th chapter of Deuteronomy - grants all men the right to choose either a good, or an evil outcome for their own lives. God will only hold out His Hand to fallen mankind for only a little while longer. The time for divine mercy is rapidly passing.

OK, if the other guy insists upon sticking his fingers in his ears, and closing his eyes to the numerous universal proofs-of-God which exist all around us, then, I say, 'Ignorance is bliss!' What the Hell; just let 'um go! I feel no compelling desire, or need, to interrupt each and every conversation these fellows engage in so that they might be exposed to The Truth. (What for? It ain't in them - Yes!)

(I, often, don't even bother to reply to these people because, as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, I already know that Christ, Himself, is going to reply to them for me!)

In fact I was musing to myself, this morning, that many of these increasingly intrusive and exceedingly verbose so-called, 'atheists' might, indeed, not believe in God, and strongly prefer to ignore Him. However, I'll just bet that many of these very same people, perversely, believe in the existence of evil, and covet Satan the devil in their hearts.

(They would have to because on the one hand Sacred Scripture states, 'The fool hath said in his heart: 'There is no God.' On the other hand Christ, also, said, 'He who is not for Me is against Me.'

Consequently, I'm just as happy to let any, or all, of these foolish and genuinely hopeless people go their own way. I'm a good Christian; I'm a good gunman; but I'm, also, a largely indifferent missionary. I might pull a drowning man out of the water; but, if he jumps right back in again, hey, he's on his own. (We're, all, 'big boys' here - Right!)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 01-29-2013 at 16:18..
Old 01-29-2013, 16:47   #9
cesaros

athiests are just attention whores.

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
Old 01-29-2013, 17:14   #10
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

I thought this was the Atheist forum?
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Old 01-29-2013, 17:20   #11
Lone Wolf8634
:):

Awwww. Poor li'l fellers.

Yer feelers all hurt 'n stuff.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Old 01-29-2013, 19:02   #12
steveksux
Massive Member

Better get a "Worship on Saturday" forum, and a seperate "Worship on Sunday" forum. Those folks don't get along very well either.

Randy
Old 01-29-2013, 19:38   #13
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
We are not "invading". We have an issue with religion so we are posting in RI just like you. And I wouldn't be so quick to go petitioning for multiple forums on religion (or the lack thereof) as the only reason why this forum exists at all is because Eric didn't want to see these debates in GNG. If you go tell him that you now need something else on top of this then it is likely that he would just shut down RI altogether and ban religious topics completely. Is that what you want?

It is all a matter of semantics. You and some others are not "invading". What you are admitting to is just plain old "trolling". Having "an issue with" is not really the same as discussing.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Old 01-29-2013, 19:54   #14
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post

OK, if the other guy insists upon sticking his fingers in his ears, and closing his eyes to the numerous universal proofs-of-God which exist all around us, then, I say, 'Ignorance is bliss!'
Can you point to a single one of these 'universal proofs' so that I can see them? Has anyone tested and verified them?

I think the big misconception is that we non-believers want religion to be false. My wants and desires are completely irrelevant in the face of evidence. Evidence trumps my wishes 100% of the time.

I never close my ears or eyes. I am open to everything out there, as long as it is true. I want to know the truth, that is all. I don't care what the truth actually is, I just want to know it, and I want to see the evidence that backs it up. I just can't base my life and my entire existence on something with no evidence.

Last edited by Altaris; 01-29-2013 at 19:55..
Old 01-29-2013, 20:01   #15
Sarge1400

Quote:

It's damned annoying.
I'm curious; would you go to Burger King and ***** because they don't have a big Mac for you??

Whiner.
Old 01-29-2013, 20:36   #16
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Survey said 71% no, 29% yes.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1463680

If it's up for a vote, that's done. But this is not a democracy, it is a privately owned site, so the only person to ask is ERIC.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-29-2013 at 20:36..
Old 01-29-2013, 20:52   #17
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
It is all a matter of semantics. You and some others are not "invading". What you are admitting to is just plain old "trolling". Having "an issue with" is not really the same as discussing.
Umm, I've read, started and/or participated here in threads that challenged the biblical account of creation and life based on macro and micro biology, cosmology, physics, philosophy and even its own contradictory scripture. That's not trolling, that is making a rational argument. Sorry your worldview doesn't hold up to critical examination.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-29-2013, 21:13   #18
Syclone538

Quote:

It's damned annoying.
I try to either stay out of, or at least stay respectful, in threads that are clearly theists talking to other theists.

You could try saying "theists only" in a thread title. I don't know if it would work, but it's worth a shot.

An atheist forum wouldn't do much good, because there is not much for us to discuss between ourselves.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Old 01-29-2013, 21:37   #19
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Believe me, I have no desire, whatsoever, to remind any of these people that they're, all, going to Hell. (Let 'um go where they will!)
This statement would be believable coming from just about anybody else on the forum. You appear to delight, more than anybody else, in telling non-Christians that they are destined for hell.

Not only that, you point out that God laughs about what He is going to do to the wicked as should the righteous.

Quote:
Did you know that The Lord laughs about what He is going to do to the wicked (Psalms 2:1-12; 37:12-13). He does; and the righteous should laugh with Him (Ps 52:1-7; 58:6-11).
-ArtificialGrape
Old 01-30-2013, 00:18   #20
Kentak

We're here legitimately. Cavalry Doc assures us atheism is a religion.

Last edited by Kentak; 01-30-2013 at 00:22..

Closed Thread