Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 00:26   #21
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
An atheist forum wouldn't do much good, because there is not much for us to discuss between ourselves.
Atheist 1: So, still no god today?

Atheist 2: Nope.

Atheist 1: Okay. Catch ya tomorrow.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:39   #22
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
We're here legitimately. Cavalry Doc assures us atheism is a religion.
Whew! Glad that's finally settled.

I think his point is that occasionally someone has a finer point to discuss, like the locked thread on just page 2 of the forum (it has "Jan 13" in the title) where someone admittedly waded in with vulgar insults to admittedly disrupt the conversation.

Personally, I like a good vigorous, but clean, debate on religious and political topics, but I'd see the value of neutral corners to go to when there are people with things they would like to discuss among only other atheists, theists or agnostics.

On the other hand, it's a gun forum, maybe another web site entirely would be better if that's what is desired.

I'm not sure neutral corners are even possible here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:00   #23
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Every single thread on here lately is invaded by atheists. It's ridiculous. Look at the last dozen or so threads.

It's damned annoying.
Does the idea of having to defend your beliefs and interpretations frighten you so much that the only solution you see is restricting the ability of others to respond?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53   #24
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
There is a Christians only forum on GT. Go buy yourself a membership and ask for an invite.

Who are all these devil worshippers Arc Angel is on about? They sound like a fun group.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03   #25
Brasso

Quote:
Does the idea of having to defend your beliefs and interpretations frighten you so much that the only solution you see is restricting the ability of others to respond?
OK. Here is the problem with that accusation.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

I don't want to hear it. And frankly, I have about as much faith in "science's" understanding of creation as I do in the Easter Bunny laying chocolate eggs. You don't believe in God. Fine. Your life.

Now stay out of my discussions about the Bible. If I want your opinion of how everything in existence sprang out of nothing and evlolved into a controlled order from pure chaos all on it's own, I'll ask you.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 01-30-2013 at 08:04..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12   #26
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

Nice philosophy you have there. Mind if I apply it to your thoughts that RI is overrun with atheists?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28   #27
Sharkey

How many times must they tell you - Atheism is NOT a religion so therefore they do not need their own section.

Believe of don't, I am just told to go and share the Good News. I was in the red and Jesus was in the black. He trade his account for mine and paid the overdraft penalty. Eventually, someone pays for being overdrawn.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28   #28
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Yes you are. People want to discuss religion and you attack the very core of the subject as non existent.
So what gives religion some special status as non-debatable?

Either the ideas one puts out there are able to withstand criticism or they aren't.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31   #29
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
How many times must they tell you - Atheism is NOT a religion so therefore they do not need their own section.

Believe of don't, I am just told to go and share the Good News. I was in the red and Jesus was in the black. He trade his account for mine and paid the overdraft penalty. Eventually, someone pays for being overdrawn.
Do you remember signing the contract because I don't?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40   #30
Brasso

Quote:
Nice philosophy you have there. Mind if I apply it to your thoughts that RI is overrun with atheists?
Believe it or not, I don't run round to atheist sites making fun of their beliefs just because they can't be proven. Yet, you get some kind of satisfaction out of doing it here.

All I'm asking is that you stay out of discussions about the biblical topics. You can have all the atheist topics you want.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45   #31
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Quite frankly I've thought for awhile, now, that a forum for devil worshippers might be a perfect on-line, 'playpen' for the majority of these badly confused, and (I think) often deliberately misleading fellows.

They remind me of, 'party crashers'. The unfailing impression I get from much of the correspondence I've had with them is that if they have no personal sense of joy within themselves then they, sure as Hell, don't want you or me to have any hope in our hearts - either!

I mean, would you or I incessantly break-in, or interrupt a forum full of devil worshipers in order to spew invectives, or add your own two, 'miserable cents'? Believe me, I have no desire, whatsoever, to remind any of these people that they're, all, going to Hell. (Let 'um go where they will!)

The Lord God - speaking through the Prophet Moses in the 30th chapter of Deuteronomy - grants all men the right to choose either a good, or an evil outcome for their own lives. God will only hold out His Hand to fallen mankind for only a little while longer. The time for divine mercy is rapidly passing.

OK, if the other guy insists upon sticking his fingers in his ears, and closing his eyes to the numerous universal proofs-of-God which exist all around us, then, I say, 'Ignorance is bliss!' What the Hell; just let 'um go! I feel no compelling desire, or need, to interrupt each and every conversation these fellows engage in so that they might be exposed to The Truth. (What for? It ain't in them - Yes!)

(I, often, don't even bother to reply to these people because, as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, I already know that Christ, Himself, is going to reply to them for me!)

In fact I was musing to myself, this morning, that many of these increasingly intrusive and exceedingly verbose so-called, 'atheists' might, indeed, not believe in God, and strongly prefer to ignore Him. However, I'll just bet that many of these very same people, perversely, believe in the existence of evil, and covet Satan the devil in their hearts.

(They would have to because on the one hand Sacred Scripture states, 'The fool hath said in his heart: 'There is no God.' On the other hand Christ, also, said, 'He who is not for Me is against Me.'

Consequently, I'm just as happy to let any, or all, of these foolish and genuinely hopeless people go their own way. I'm a good Christian; I'm a good gunman; but I'm, also, a largely indifferent missionary. I might pull a drowning man out of the water; but, if he jumps right back in again, hey, he's on his own. (We're, all, 'big boys' here - Right!)

I just wanted to say that when posts like this are floating around and Doc feels compelled to only razz the atheists for what they think they know...

Priceless.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46   #32
The Fed

Quote:
OK. Here is the problem with that accusation.

I don't want to hear it.
And frankly, I have about as much faith in "science's" understanding of creation as I do in the Easter Bunny laying chocolate eggs. You don't believe in God. Fine. Your life.

Now stay out of my discussions about the Bible. If I want your opinion of how everything in existence sprang out of nothing and evolved into a controlled order from pure chaos all on it's own, I'll ask you.
That's very narrow-minded of you. That's like saying that since Democrats don't like guns and don't want to hear about them you shouldn't be allowed to express your views when they spew their vitriol? Perhaps even try to convince them otherwise? What makes you think religion and creationism are any different than guns?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05   #33
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Believe it or not, I don't run round to atheist sites making fun of their beliefs just because they can't be proven. Yet, you get some kind of satisfaction out of doing it here.

All I'm asking is that you stay out of discussions about the biblical topics. You can have all the atheist topics you want.

I have a better idea. If your faith is so strong and what you believe so infallible then how about you show us how superior those ideas are by standing up and defending them whenever the opposition arises instead of crying for censorship to solve your problem for you?

That's what I do...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09   #34
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post

That's very narrow-minded of you. That's like saying that since Democrats don't like guns and don't want to hear about them you shouldn't be allowed to express your views when they spew their vitriol? Perhaps even try to convince them otherwise? What makes you think religion and creationism are any different than guns?
No, it's like two gun lovers discussing the .45 vs 9mm debate and an anti-gunner butts in with some stupid ass anti-gun remark.

The fact that atheists even think they should be included in a religious discussion is what's ridiculous.

Atheism is NOT a religion and it has NO place in a religious issues forum.

It's "religious" issues, what don't you people understand about that?

Last edited by JBnTX; 01-30-2013 at 09:10..
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17   #35
The Fed

Here's a question for the religious - WHICH religion is the one true religion? I'm betting ONLY the one YOU adhere to. Don't you believe followers of every other religion are non-believers? I'm sure you do. Catholics hate Jews because they don't believe that Christ is the messiah. They hate Presbyterians because they don't believe in the virgin Mary. They probably would hate The Salvation Army if they knew it was a religion. And I guess they embrace career criminals just because they're Catholic?

Many people pray on their own. Because they don't tithe are they less of a believer? And how many of you Catholics go to your church to attend every service THEY want you to? Volunteer for their many projects? How many of you church-goers tithe the full 10% they expect? How many of you send your kids to church or other religious schools and pay their high tuition's? I submit very few on here.

Don't get me wrong. Religion is the only thing, other than the laws and threat of prosecution that keeps some people in line. But I think you're a hypocrite just because you don't like someone who disagrees with your view of the world. Why should you care if I express my views? I bet if I researched anyone's comments about their interpretations of bible passages there are plenty of scholars who will say it means something else. So do you get mad at them too?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22   #36
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Quote:
Every single thread on here lately is invaded by atheists. It's ridiculous. Look at the last dozen or so threads.

It's damned annoying.

I agree with your read on the current condition of RI. Christians come here to discuss religion and atheists come here to argue with them.

Thing is I don't think the atheists want to stay in their own forum they want to argue with those that disagree with them.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:27   #37
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
No, it's like two gun lovers discussing the .45 vs 9mm debate and an anti-gunner butts in with some stupid ass anti-gun remark.

The fact that atheists even think they should be included in a religious discussion is what's ridiculous.

So the "gun" is what? Christ? God? If I were Jewish and believed in God (just not YOUR God) and posted on a "religious" thread about a "bible" passage about Christ that a poster is dead wrong because Christ is not some kind of miracle man in the Jewish religion, then what? I'm not religious?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33   #38
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

Actually, a better analogy would be two gun lovers discussing phasers v laser pistols and another gun lover jumping in and asking them why they're discussing fantasy weapons instead of real ones, like .45's and 9mm's.

And... the fact that you think Atheists should be excluded from religious discussions is ridiculous. Of course, I understand that anyone that disagrees with you should be excluded. Atheists are just the target at this particular time.

You're correct in saying Atheism is not a religion, but since this isn't a religious forum, (its a religious ISSUES forum) you are incorrect in deciding we should be excluded.

And I understand "religious issues" perfectly, I have lotsa "issues" with "religion". What a perfect place for me!!

If you'd like a forum that discourages differing opinions and encourages homogenous group think I'm sure their out there. Most of us stay out the Theist to Theist conversations (especially when ya'll fight like cats and dogs over the "finer points" of dogma), unless someone says something so outrageous that it cannot be left unchallenged.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39   #39
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Can you point to a single one of these 'universal proofs' so that I can see them? Has anyone tested and verified them?

I think the big misconception is that we non-believers want religion to be false. My wants and desires are completely irrelevant in the face of evidence. Evidence trumps my wishes 100% of the time.

I never close my ears or eyes. I am open to everything out there, as long as it is true. I want to know the truth, that is all. I don't care what the truth actually is, I just want to know it, and I want to see the evidence that backs it up. I just can't base my life and my entire existence on something with no evidence.
Don't you know that you cannot, 'see' what you heart is, either, unable or unwilling to consider.

'For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools ....... ' (Romans 1:20-22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
This statement would be believable coming from just about anybody else on the forum. You appear to delight, more than anybody else, in telling non-Christians that they are destined for hell. Not only that, you point out that God laughs about what He is going to do to the wicked as should the righteous.
Look who's talking about being believable! Stop trying to figure me out, or to ascribe YOUR OWN MOTIVATIONS to me. You don't have what it takes to understand someone like me. You only think that you do. Any intellectual assertions I've made have been referenced to, and supported by Sacred Scripture. You on the other hand are, as usual, merely vituperating and, 'flying by the seat of your pants'.

(Gee, I wonder where you're going to land; or, for the matter, how hard?)
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41   #40
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Cut View Post
I agree with your read on the current condition of RI. Christians come here to discuss religion and atheists come here to argue with them.

Thing is I don't think the atheists want to stay in their own forum they want to argue with those that disagree with them.
I'd say there's a fair amount of Christians that come here to argue, at least plenty of them seem to show up in threads started by Atheists.

An interesting thought came to me while reading your post. Since you specify "Christians" as the group that comes here to discuss religion, I wonder what the general attitude would be if a rabidly religious group of Islamist invaded your territory........?

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Closed Thread