Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 20:57   #41
TTex
Cannon Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT278ACR View Post
Congratulations! I love my G26. As far as the pinching with the mag extension... go to Lowe's or Home Depot and tell them you need small black O rings. Put the O ringall the way down the outside of the mag and make it flush to the top of the extenstion. Should fix the problem. As far as mods... all I did was add the Pearce +1 extension... put a grip plug in the bottom of the pistol grip... and I changed out my slide cover plate with an aircraft grade aluminum one with a custom emblen on it. I thought about tritium sights too, but just haven't done it. My G26 is my EDC gun. You'll love it!
The O-ring thing didn't work for me. I tried several different types, but none was just right not to cause mag loading issues and prevent the pinching. Also O-rings like to ride up the mag for some reason.
What worked for me was ditching the extension all together, and adding the medium back-strap. Different back-straps will change the position of your fingers slightly, so before spending a lot of money just experiment with different straps and see if one of them cures your problem. Also make a conscious effort to keep your finger off the gap.
I would suggest shooting and/or carrying without the extensions, but if you absolutely must have something then I recommend a G19 mag (good luck finding one now though) and the X-grip. I have one of these setups and it makes a nice full grip with the extra 15 round capacity. Very comfortable, but your back to a full G19 grip.
Congrats on the G26!
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29   #42
Two Guns
VIP MEMBER

Congrats on the fine choice.
Old 01-31-2013, 15:36   #43
marcoh
NRA Life Member

I put the extended slide stop, extended slide lock, and Meprolight night sights on all my Glocks.
Old 01-31-2013, 16:17   #44
colin1230

No extensions for me, I like my pinky tucked under. What made a big differece in my grip was the addition of Talon granular grips.
colin1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 22:38   #45
Photoman642

After trying just about everything, I settled on the GAP floorplates for the G26 I used to have.
Photoman642 is offline   Reply With Quote