SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2013, 21:08   #41
crash_gsxr750
Arrows first

Please report back what the findings are

And if you can while your there could you please pick me up a couple g21 g17 mags while your at it :D
Old 01-31-2013, 21:24   #42
yellowhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoomonyou View Post
Shame on u for lying.
It was a very poor thought in a moment of weakness, that I freely admit.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:35   #43
vaquero aleman
"ah-lay-mahn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_gsxr750 View Post
Please report back what the findings are

And if you can while your there could you please pick me up a couple g21 g17 mags while your at it :D
I'll see if maybe they have some candies with the Glock logo on them.
G2930SF, The 21 Club #7663, The 10 Ring #7663, The Bull Dawgs Club #???, US Army Veteran

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:12   #44
gwdex

+ 1 to this. Honesty is the best policy.

Greg

G21SF
P220
P225
P226 Navy
gwdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28   #45
crash_gsxr750
Arrows first

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero aleman View Post
I'll see if maybe they have some candies with the Glock logo on them.
So long as they are peppermint
Old 02-01-2013, 05:31   #46
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Tagged

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13   #47
GRT45
Transform & Win

Take note of this excerpt from the current Wikipedia entry for .460 Rowland (text emphasis is mine):
"The increase in slide velocity over a standard .45 ACP, or even a .45 Super round, cannot be properly controlled with an increase in recoil spring rate alone. Autoloaders properly converted to fire the mighty .460 Rowland Cartridge require a compensator or a ported barrel to insure reliable, long lasting, operation. This fact not withstanding, there continues to be customer demand for a "Stock-Looking" .460 Rowland Conversion; however, any effort to answer this demand is thus-far not supported by the Inventor. Mr. Rowland still maintains that a properly designed .460 Rowland Conversion requires an effective compensator to momentarily delay slide action until the very high pressures developed by his cartridge dissipate to more manageable levels. Without this compensation, slide or frame failure will result over time and reliability will suffer in the short term. [Citation; Mr. Johnny Ray Rowland]"

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 02-01-2013 at 17:08..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01   #48
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post

The brass does indeed jam against the breech face during the ignition process, but not that hard. And I doubt that that is what is causing the dishing. I would think that it would be the peak pressure thrust. Once pressure starts building the case walls are forced against the chamber walls so they grip them pretty hard.
Although I am not a big fan, and I might not try it with the Rowland, it is possible to keep the slide from operating with very little hand pressure. For some odd reason, they're teaching that technique to LEOs. If the slide doesn't unlock, it doesn't take much to keep it closed. Yes, the pressure holding the case to the chamber retards the opening of the slide.

Looking at the primer in the photos above, I can't help but notice that the striker is dragging. I need to study that some more. I wonder if it is common to all Glocks?

I reload for my G21SF but I don't recall seeing a drag mark in the primer. Next time around, I'll look for it.

Richard
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30   #49
ken grant

Anyone thought of this?
Excessive Headspace? pressure builts in case when fired, bullet moves foward, primer backs out some, case slammed against breech with primer partway out.
ken grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:39   #50
vaquero aleman
"ah-lay-mahn"

Well, this is what happened at Glock, Inc. Smyrna today. The service rep gave me a ball cap

General Glocking

And then he proceeded to explain that if I continue firing from this slide it will eventually fail. He couldn't give me a time frame, just that it would fail and also that the repair that I made on the frame would continue to crack and eventually fail as well. I did not get any specific information regarding why the slide is the way it is but pretty much just a sales pitch and a statement that the only thing they were willing to do was to replace the slide and the frame. Since they offered a brand new, last in the house, OD frame with all of the hardware installed and a brand new G21 slide with all of the hardware installed except that I kept my barrel and sights, all for $305.00US I couldn't pass it up. So I don't know any thing more about why the slide was caving in but now I have a new gun. Good enuff fo me. Different serial numbers but I don't care.

General Glocking
G2930SF, The 21 Club #7663, The 10 Ring #7663, The Bull Dawgs Club #???, US Army Veteran

Old 02-01-2013, 12:43   #51
vaquero aleman
"ah-lay-mahn"

Oh, he did say that 45ACP+P is OK but no 45 Super. And I doubt, very much, that any kind of warranty came with this replacement. At least, he didn't offer that there was any.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:49   #52
kodiakpb

You lucked out. Interesting that they gave you a FDE frame since to my knowledge its a Lipsey's exclusive.
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58   #53
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
You lucked out. Interesting that they gave you a FDE frame since to my knowledge its a Lipsey's exclusive.
In his post he said OD but in the photo it does appear FDE,could be the lighting. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:17   #54
vaquero aleman
"ah-lay-mahn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
Your knowledge is correct. I got an OD frame. I asked if they might have any of the FDE frames and he said that he had never seen any there, so it is completely a Lipsey's thing.

And, it is because of the difference between using a flash and not using one. This happened to me when I first bought the OD 21 and I actually made a post about it in "The 21 Club".

"Flat Dark Earth vs OD, how do you know?"

When I am looking at the gun, in my hand, it is obviously OD but when I take pics of it with a flash it looks brown or tan.

Last edited by vaquero aleman; 02-01-2013 at 14:29..
vaquero aleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:27   #55
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Congrats!! I'm a HUGE OD fan!! Own a few myself.... Glad this worked out good for you.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:33   #56
vaquero aleman
"ah-lay-mahn"

Check out this excerpt from Wikipedia when I was knee deep in the middle of experimenting with .460 Rowland:

Wikipedia excerpt(5/21/2012):
"Conversion kits co-developed by Wild West Guns and Jonny Rowland for the Smith & Wesson M&P, Glock and Springfield Armory Tactical striker type pistols, due to locking system differences, do not require use of a compensator. Slide velocity in these converted firearms is controlled with a change to the recoil spring alone. Consequently, the converted firearm is lighter and more compact than a converted 1911 type."

Last edited by vaquero aleman; 02-02-2013 at 18:30..
Old 02-01-2013, 14:35   #57
vaquero aleman
"ah-lay-mahn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
Congrats!! I'm a HUGE OD fan!! Own a few myself.... Glad this worked out good for you.
Thanks. Even though I paid for it, I am satisfied with the outcome of this debacle.

Old 02-01-2013, 15:00   #58
kodiakpb

Can you take a pic without a flash?
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 15:16   #59
500WE

That level of customer service continues to amaze me!
500WE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 17:03   #60
vaquero aleman
"ah-lay-mahn"

No flash

General Glocking

Fluorescent lighting though.

Last edited by vaquero aleman; 02-01-2013 at 17:04..