Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:52   #1
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Freshman Congresswoman Susan Brooks off to a good start

Dear Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concern for Second Amendment rights.* I truly value your input and always appreciate hearing and learning from my constituents.

I am a proud supporter of the right to bear arms and will work tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment while in office. I do not believe an assault weapons ban is a wise or useful policy and will not support one as a member of Congress. Likewise, I will continue to oppose any federal legislation that seeks to undo or preempt Indiana's concealed carry laws and lifetime handgun permits.

Everyone in our great Nation has been deeply saddened by the recent tragic events which have devastated too many communities across the country. But preventing these awful tragedies calls for a comprehensive solution that deals with the real issues driving them.

We need to support local programs that use grassroots connections to reduce violence and prevent younger Americans from turning to a life of crime. As a former U.S. Attorney and Deputy Mayor of Indianapolis, I worked with law enforcement and local agencies on gun violence prevention and prosecution.* I will continue to support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.* Working together, we can protect the right to bear arms and ensure our schools and neighborhoods are safe.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Your thoughts and opinions are of critical importance as I work to represent Indiana's 5th District.* I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

Susan W. Brooks
Member of Congress

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00   #2
spcwes

Very nice! Love seeing them take a strong stance.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 14:29   #3
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Looks pretty "clear and to the point" to me.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28   #4
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Today, she gets the honor of rebutting the president's weekly message. I haven't heard it yet but pretty big assignment for a congresswoman with 30 days of seniority.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote