SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2013, 16:55   #1
TXGlock21Man

Got a Colt New Agent

After doing some research and asking for some advice on here and 1911forum.com, I had narrowed my new carry 1911 choices to a Springfield EMP, Colt New Agent/Defender and a Kimber Ultra CDP II and maybe a few others...but I was pretty dead set on an EMP.

Went to the gun show in San Antonio today, which was actually a pretty decent show...outrageous prices on ammo, magazines and any rifle remotely black and plastic, but handguns in general and most bolt actions and shotguns were reasonably priced.

One table had all three of my top choices, which was nice for a comparison perspective and bargaining perspective as well. After about an hour, I decided on the Colt New Agent. I liked the way all three felt in my hand, maybe a little bit of edge to the Kimber. But what sold me on the Colt was the fact it is basically all black and it has a set of XS Big Dot sites on it.

I really like the way the gun feels, it will absorb the 9mm recoil nicely. The trigger pull is decent, i've been dry firing with a snap cap to work it in and get a good feel for it...I can't wait to take it to the range and wring a couple hundred rounds through her!

Thanks for all the info from this group and if you have any knowledge or thoughts on the little Colt, please let me know...here are a few pics!

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums
Sub Club #911 - "Never Forget"
San Antonio, TX
United States of America

"No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest
reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a
last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

-- Thomas Jefferson
TXGlock21Man is offline   Reply With Quote