Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 19:23   #1
DaBurna

Who's been to Smyrna for Service?

I'm thinking about riding over to Smryna to Glock Inc. to have my G22 restored to Factory Specs. I bought a G22 last summer as a local PD Trade in, only later to discover it had the NY2 trigger. What's your experience been like? Could I get them to install the 4.5lb trigger or will I get the OEM 5.5? What's the cost difference if I want that upgrade?
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:36   #2
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Not sure if they will install the - connector or not.
Last time I was there, they replaced all internals & I walked out with
three new mags. All free, got some brochures, key chains & pens.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:42   #3
JBP55

Never made the 1,000 mile round trip, I service mine and many others. I have contacted Glock on behalf of others with old Glocks that needed factory service such as receiver issues on the E series. If I lived close I would like to see the facility.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:00   #4
GeorgiaGlocker
Incirlik AB

I have been but its been a couple of years back. I took my glocks to check for upgrades and was there for about an hour. The folks there were very nice and helpful. When the tech came out with my guns, we talked about ammo for a few minutes. I left with updated glocks at no charge and a glock annual.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GeorgiaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:05   #5
glock2740
Gun lover.

I went a couple of times when I was working in Atlanta a couple of years ago, just for the heck of it.

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:06   #6
hsprincipal

Had night sights installed this summer. Updates were added at no charge. Great experience took about an hour.
G23, G21, G22, G26, G17, G27, G20, G19, G34, G30s, G17L, S&W 1911sc, Ruger SR1911, S&W M&P .40, S&W New .38 Bodyguard, Beretta Neos, Beretta Nano, Walther PPQ, Sig 2022 9mm, Victory model .38 S&W, Colt LE6920, PPS, M9, 870, S&W 637, CW9, RO 9mm

Last edited by hsprincipal; 01-29-2013 at 20:06..
hsprincipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:09   #7
Providence

I can't answer your trigger question, but I've been to the Smyrna headquarters a couple of times. Both trips were great. The Glock people were very nice and efficient. Both trips took about an hour. Maybe a little longer. I'll go back without hesitation.

and... there is a Chick-Fil-a close by!
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 22:04   #8
Npowers66

I have been a ton of times. Sometimes I find reasons to go. The will upgrade everything for free. They will lighten the trigger only if you are Leo
Npowers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:02   #9
fortheboys

Why don't you just call them??
They are very receptive to phone calls.
fortheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15   #10
FYRELT

i have been their several times,the last time i walked in the door and told the lady what i was their for and she told me it would be about ten min. before someone would be able to help me,in about two min a man came out of the office and ask if someone was helping me and i told him i was told him it would be about ten min,he said that was to long,he when back and got someone and my gun was fixed in about fifteen min.

great service.
FYRELT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27   #11
plouffedaddy

I'll be in Atlanta next month and I'm going for the 1st time. I have a G21SF w/1913 rail that has the 'sticky' mag release they are known for but I'm too cheap to send it in. We'll see what they do with it....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37   #12
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Npowers66 View Post
I have been a ton of times. Sometimes I find reasons to go. The will upgrade everything for free. They will lighten the trigger only if you are Leo
they will only put the 4.5 in a gun that came from the factory with the 4.5 (24 - 17-L - 34 -35 )
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 19:04   #13
Buckshot Barry

I've been to Glock inc. in Smyrna about 5 times, the last was this past summer for night sights on 3 older Glocks. Something like $58 each. Great experience.

There was one little item though

One of the Glocks was a Gen 2.5 27 that I purchased new in the mid 1990's. The tech put in the latest RSA. The one that looks like a current Gen 4. Well wouldn't you know it, the next trip to the range I was having the slide fail to go fully in to battery. I found the previous design on eBay and all is well with that 27 again.
Buckshot Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 19:24   #14
boostmiser

Good thread. I'll be in Marietta this summer and didn't realize it's a 15 minute drive to Glock. I think I'll have to stop by. Is there anything else to see there, like a factory tour or something?
boostmiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 19:56   #15
Buckshot Barry

Sorry, no factory tour. Extremely nice people. Security is as expected. Guns are made safe at the guard station, then you go to a building with a waiting area. Tech will meet you there. There is often a video playing about the beginning of Glock. You might get a few freebies, like Glock Annual magazines, etc.

I think you need to have some "business" to do to get this far. No parts are sold, so you will probably need to have a pistol or at least some mags that need overhauling with you.
Buckshot Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 20:08   #16
MotorCityBear

I was just there last week for some night-sights. As has been mentioned above the service is top notch. They added a +2 floor plate to my mag for no charge and added the extended mag release, also at no charge.

The place has grown a lot since my last trip a few months back. They bought the property across the street and built a walking bridge so employees have room to park. They told me they have tripled in size in the last 18 months.

They treat you right.
MotorCityBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54   #17
MattyIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityBear View Post
I was just there last week for some night-sights. As has been mentioned above the service is top notch. They added a +2 floor plate to my mag for no charge and added the extended mag release, also at no charge.

The place has grown a lot since my last trip a few months back. They bought the property across the street and built a walking bridge so employees have room to park. They told me they have tripled in size in the last 18 months.

They treat you right.
What did they charge for night sights? I have a 23 and 19 that could use them. Might make for a good field trip with the fiancé, who is also a big fan of Glock.
Old 02-01-2013, 15:24   #18
Nutt51

Excellent experience and customer service is A1.

You're not there long enough to get bored. I had some
work done and night sights installed on my G17, which took
all of about 20 minutes. As I sat in the small waiting area,
almost every employee that came through stopped and asked
if I was being helped, that is good customer service.

I would have paid extra just to be able to go in the back and
see how the operation works, but all in all, no complaints.

"I figure that a man's only good for one oath at a time. I made mine to the Confederate States Of America".
"John Wayne", "The Searchers".
Nutt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 19:52   #19
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

Very helpful folks.

I've been a few times. I take several pistols each time for updates. I drop them off, and go run errands. Come back in 3-4 hours.

Everything is taken care of and the tech (or techs) explain what they did. Never been any charges, despite many updates/upgrades.

Overall, a good experience.

NRA Life Member
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:04   #20
MotorCityBear

The Glock night sights are $57 installed. They have a 15 year warranty but told me if I ever have any issues with them to bring the gun back and they will replace them. They really do treat you right if you go.

The security guard, where you check in has all kinds of Glock goodies that he will give you. He gave me a 2013 Glock calendar, Glock buyers guide, key chain, and an embroidered Glock patch.
MotorCityBear is offline   Reply With Quote