Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:55   #1
SprawlnBrawl

Tactical 1 point shotgun sling

I have been trying to get a new 1 point bungee tactical shotgun sling, anyone has a good recommendation for a Mossberg 500?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58   #2
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Unless it's a breaching gun with a retention device, get a quick-adjust 2 point if you like your nuts.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12   #3
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

anyone have luck with pump guns and 2 points, seems like sling would get in way of working slide.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13   #4
Buffering
The Cooler

I don't know what a tactical sling is. So if I have a choice between a really nice regular 1 point sling or a really crappy 1 tactical sling, go with tactical?

The word tactical has no meaning except to convey a lack of vocabulary or it donotes a lack of critical thinking of when determinging your real need for gear.

That said, Murph makes a good point about a single point slings and I do have on my 870 and a 2 point on my 1200.

I use the Megpul MS3 with the Mesa receiver mount. It works very well for transitions but not so well for running around and doing stuff that doesn't have me holding onto the weapon. It's a nut buster however, that sling can be detached and attached to a forward mount if you need it 2 point usefulness. Most of my range work/classes are congenial to single point use.
"Of every 100 men that go to battle 70 should not even be there, 20 are nothing but targets, 9 are true soldiers, and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make but ONE, one is a warrior, and HE will bring the others home." Hericlitus

Last edited by Buffering; 02-03-2013 at 11:15..
Buffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:14   #5
plouffedaddy

I have a northeast tactical 1 point that's build very well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer

Last edited by plouffedaddy; 02-03-2013 at 11:18..
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:14   #6
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Side sling mounts on the fore-end or the magazine tube coupler and the side of the stock generally work.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26   #7
Mad Ryan

I love the Vickers sling I've got on my AR. It should work great on a shotty
Old 02-03-2013, 13:12   #8
glockman99

I have a Magpul Dynamics 1 point sling (convertable to a 2 point sling) that I hook to a receiver mounted Mesa loop hook on my Rem. 870 that I really like...This is a VERY solid & secure set, with excellent, heavy-duty hardware.
glockman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 14:02   #9
SouthpawG26

For me, the shorter and lighter the long gun, a small carbine/sbr for instance, the more I look towards a single point sling.

The longer and heavier the gun is, especially a noseheavy gun with optics, vertical grip, light etc, the more I prefer a 3 point sling for stability.

If this is a 18.5 M500 without too many frills, a single point will serve you well, attached to a mount (swivel or fixed) right behind the receiver (usually some sort of shim plate, the traditional sling swivel on a wood or polymer stock is usually too far back for a single point sling).

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 02-04-2013 at 14:09..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 18:23   #10
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Single point slings suck for most every application except shooting on a range standing up.

You can convert a useful two point sling to a crappy single point sling with the click of a button with an adaptor.

A single point sling requires you to use a hand to control the weapon in most movement and especially if you are getting into a crouching or prone position. Otherwise your barrel will stick in the dirt. Just walking--forget runnning--with a single point sling is a chore. Stupid gun bounces around.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:26   #11
gooffeyguy

I really like quick adjustable 2 point slings on shotguns due to the weight.

I have a Condor Speedy sling. Made in USA and costs about $20. Comes with quick connecting end straps which you can secure around the hand grip part of a standard stock or through any swivel or sling mount point.
gooffeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:39   #12
dave67

I use a BDS Tactical Enhanced Dual Sling that allows for both single point and two point setup. This way I have both.
Every shotgun class that I have required a single point sling.
dave67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:51   #13
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I tried the single point on my 500 for a while with a end plate loop. it got in the way off hand and I didn't like that, plus as Murph says, it can be dangerous to the jewels as it is a little nose heavy to be hanging on a single point. I had a Rocky Mountain Tactical quick adjust that I could use as a single point or or 2 point sling, and I almost exclusively use it two point, it is just better that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Last edited by Bullman; 02-09-2013 at 16:52..
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10   #14
chr_edw
Holster Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Unless it's a breaching gun with a retention device, get a quick-adjust 2 point if you like your nuts.
this ^^^

unless its some super short sbs or aow go with a 2 point.