GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:44   #26
XF7Industries

Thank you so much for your answer jlbeasley1976. I will try to look up that video, it will be helpful for my research. Again, comparative marketing lets consumers make a more informed decision - ergo the popularity of research companies like Consumer Reports and apps on so many websites that let you compare products in their catalog while you shop.

It is interesting that the scent is another aspect that you like about the product, something that has come up several times now. The olfactory sense is often very important in decision making for people in general. Bad smells can alert a person to possible danger (an important purpose for this particular sense) but the olfactory sense can also provide enticing (key to marketing) enjoyment when exposed to pleasant smells. Including this sense, by providing an attractive aroma along with all the other attributes of a given product, is a very smart marketing tool.
Old 01-30-2013, 13:59   #27
jlbeasley1976
Southern BTGOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by XF7Industries View Post
Thank you so much for your answer jlbeasley1976. I will try to look up that video, it will be helpful for my research. Again, comparative marketing lets consumers make a more informed decision - ergo the popularity of research companies like Consumer Reports and apps on so many websites that let you compare products in their catalog while you shop.

It is interesting that the scent is another aspect that you like about the product, something that has come up several times now. The olfactory sense is often very important in decision making for people in general. Bad smells can alert a person to possible danger (an important purpose for this particular sense) but the olfactory sense can also provide enticing (key to marketing) enjoyment when exposed to pleasant smells. Including this sense, by providing an attractive aroma along with all the other attributes of a given product, is a very smart marketing tool.
Patriot36 is the channel. Just figured I'd save you a little time looking for it.
jlbeasley1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 16:27   #28
rdunk

XF7Industries, I have also done some looking on this subject for myself, for my Glock. What I have found is that there is now, "Nano-Technology involvement in the field of lubricants. That is tiny-scale stuff - a nanometer is one billionth of a meter.

So far I have found only one "nano-tech" lubricant that is made/marketed specifically for guns. The product name is "Archoil". It is a GoGreen product line, and they have two different products for guns. AR4200 is a CLP. and AR4400 is a LP. I have a sample of the AR4200, and I have used it on my guns, but have not shot with it yet. I do like what I saw as I used it on the guns!

On the basis of the technical rational for the nano technology, and the resulting "coefficients of friction" achieved, it is reasonable to expect good results in use. So, I am going to use it, until I have a reason not to!

I do see that it is available on Amazon!

I hope this info adds to the research you were looking for, with this thread.
................................................................................................
To quote the product descriptions:

AR4200: Nanoceramic CLP utilizes tungsten disulfide (WS2) which is one of the most lubricous materials known to science with coefficient of friction at 0.03.

AR4200 forms a dry hard surface on metal alloy and can withstand very extreme temperature environments.

AR4400: hBN LP utilizes hexagonal boron nitride for its low coefficient of friction at 0.15 to 0.70 and its superior characteristics bonding to metal. It is a superior lubricant and offers excellent protection against corrosion.

Once the firearm is clean AR4400 will maintain it with no lead and carbon buildup. It creates a dry hard film. (no odor, heavier viscosity, beige in color)
.................................................................................................... ........

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...gr-1744660.htm

http://www.gogreenarchoilcart.com/

http://www.evergreenamerica.com/store/

Last edited by rdunk; 02-03-2013 at 16:27..
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 16:49   #29
dbow

i'm currently using Gunzilla. But i'm not too sure if i will keep using it. It is non toxic and seems to do fine but they have no data available on their website showing that it works better than others.

I'm looking at butches bore shine, KG, and XF7. I'd like to use one for my rifle and handgun.
dbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 15:35   #30
Spiffums
I.C.P.

I have used pretty much everything under the sun. I don't really run guns hard and I clean or at least run a bore snake and a cloth over a gun after a match or range session.

I perfer Slip 2000 because it holds the best for what I do and Pat Rogers gives some out to every student at every class....kinda telling I think. I carry Miltec in a small bottle in my stage bag in case someone needs oil but if I had gotten a small bottle of S2k I might have it in there.
Old 02-05-2013, 16:10   #31
F350

double

Last edited by F350; 02-05-2013 at 16:14..
F350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 16:13   #32
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
We use Astroglide. It is water soluble and causes no irritation.
Try KY Intense; she'll thank me for this

If you can find it http://www.moon-rocket.com/g-female-stimulating-gel
F350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 16:24   #33
bigtimelarry

Gun Scrubber or Non Chlorinated brake cleaner then 99% Alcohol, Ballistol on the Barrel, TW-25B Grease on rails, connector, locking lug and barrel.
bigtimelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 19:20   #34
AdamSean

I used to use Hoppe's 9 with Weatherguard since I live in a high humidity environment. It has always worked, but it was runny. I have since started using M-Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX. I really like this stuff. It leaves a thin coat of protection on the surface and really smooths out the action. This stuff has a unique quality to seek out metal and spread evenly across the surface. It smells different from other gun oils, but works great. I heard that a lot of guys in Afghanistan are using it with great results. I can clean my bore with powder cleaner and then run a patch with M-Pro 7 on it a d clean out even more gunk. Give it a try. You will love it!
AdamSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 00:13   #35
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
...I have since started using M-Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX. I really like this stuff. It leaves a thin coat of protection on the surface and really smooths out the action...

It's great stuff and has been submitted for MILSPEC approval. I also use what the Military uses: G96 CLP. It's fantastic.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35   #36
XF7Industries

I am sorry I haven't had time recently to reply to the most recent comments. I will.

The last post, thank you Tiro Fijo, includes the comment that he uses what the military uses - from a marketing standpoint, that speaks volumes.

This question is for everyone;

How likely are you to try a product BECAUSE it is currently being used by the military?
I suspect that that is a very big motivating factor for many consumers in the tactical industry, but I need more feedback on this particular question. I thank you in advance for your answers.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:30   #37
shane_huskey
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't use what we use in the military because it is junk. We got ahold of some Militec-1 when I was in Iraq in 2009 and 2010, and it is far superior. I'm not saying it the best as I don't want someone that hasn't used it to start calling me an idiot for using it because they don't think it comes in a pretty bottle, but it works for me. I have used quite a few in the past, and probably won't use Militec-1 forever, but right now, that's what I run. If you follow the instructions, you can wipe most of it off and it still works, which is the reason CLP doesn't work. You have to run an M4 really wet if you use CLP and it attracts sand like a magnet. Frog Lube and Ballistol claim the same thing. I have tried Ballistol and had no problems with it except for it smells like silly string, and I haven't tried Frog Lube just because I have a whole lot of Militec-1 right now, and have no need to try something new since what I have works.
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:39   #38
GTstarbai

I use KY...it's hot and cold...try that.
Old 02-07-2013, 19:05   #39
nightstalker865

I run frog lube on my: glocks, AR, and shotguns. The stuff seems to work really well and it makes cleaning a lot easier.
nightstalker865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:01   #40
Diesel_Bomber

Motor oil. Usually Delvac.

Seriously, guns in general ain't that picky. Glocks would run dry, or run on yak fat, for a long time. It just doesn't make that much difference.

Last edited by Diesel_Bomber; 02-07-2013 at 20:01..
Diesel_Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:23   #41
tango44

FrogLube paste & liquid CLP!
Is all I use now!
tango44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:32   #42
thekobk
'OP'

another vote for frog lube. how many of you can clean your gun and have your wife tell you she likes that smell?
Umarex Regent R200S 1911
thekobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 23:21   #43
bryzo

You can fire a gun wet, clean, or dirty, but you cannot fire it dry. I've used bicycle chain lube, break free, vagisil, and one time in the field I used the oil from a dipstick on an M4. With all that said, Hoppes!
bryzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:46   #44
25pd

Been using 'WALLYS' Rapid Fire Gun oil for semi autos on all of my glocks for several years and it works great- no hangups on qualifying during rapid firing jmop
25pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:06   #45
xRUSTYx
9mm Fanboy

* Slip 2000 EWL on Handguns
* Slip 2000 EWL 30 on Shotguns and AR's that sit vertically in the safe. Most lubes won't stay still on an AR when the firearms is sitting vertically. EWL 30 is thicker and thus stays put
xRUSTYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:20   #46
Slayer
A Simple Man

Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer
Slip 2000 EWL, Frog Lube paste, Seal 1 Paste and Fireclean. All 4 are awesome stuff but the FL and Seal 1 paste are my favorite. You heat the metal parts you want to clean or lube. The paste melts on the surface of the metal parts then you let them cool. The paste thickens back up once everything has cooled back down. Then you wipe the excess paste back off and the surface is nice and slick. It's like seasoning a cast iron frying pan the more you use it and lube it the better it gets. Another benefit in using the paste on Glocks is you won't have any excess lube what so ever. All 4 make cleaning your firearms much easier as well.
Old 02-15-2013, 14:17   #47
s4alex

Add another Froglube user here. Pretty happy with it.
s4alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 14:52   #48
patrickkpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4alex View Post
Add another Froglube user here. Pretty happy with it.
me too
patrickkpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 18:25   #49
jkloeker

Sounds like I'm going to need to get me some Frog Lube!
jkloeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 19:53   #50
Slayer
A Simple Man

Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer
I remember reading somewhere that Seal 1 is a improved version of froglube. One of the original guys that had a hand in froglube improved on the formula but they didn't want to change the original formula. So he started his own company with the new formula and called it Seal 1. I can't remember where I read it though.