Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 16:42   #1
bigmoney890

Need some help guys!

Looking for some parts for a build, but I can only search through so many google search results before I crack! So, I turn to you guys for help. Looking for a few things, I know i'll probably end up paying more than I should to get these parts now, but i'm impatient. But just because I'm impatient, it DOES NOT mean I'll pay way over market price because of people trying to get over on panic buyers. But, here's my needed list:

• Noveske 10.5" barrel- Prefer the CQB Stainless barrel, but a regular N4 barrel will work as well
  • Noveske BCG - I know this is a pipe dream, but it's worth a shot
  • Decent BCG of any brand - I know that finding a Noveske BCG is unlikely, so i'm willing to use whatever I can find until one becomes available
That's all for now. I'm already on email lists from Rainier Arms, DSG, ROGtactical, and Tier One Arms. If you know anyone with these products in stock, or have a "notify me" option, please let me know! Not really interested in anything on Gunbroker since the majority are driven up by panic buyers. If you find anything on the Arfcom EE, that's fine too, just post a link!

Parts already acquired:

• Noveske Stripped Lower
  • Noveske Upper w/ Forward Assist and Dust Cover
  • Lower Parts Kit (thanks to a very kind GT member, GSSF17)
  • Pistol Buffer Tube Assembly

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Updated list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bigmoney890; 02-20-2013 at 20:32..
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:56   #2
K. Foster

Well, at least you arenít asking for much.
Good luck.
Old 02-04-2013, 17:00   #3
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Foster View Post
Well, at least you arenít asking for much.
Good luck.
Well I figure If I put the entire list out there, it's more likely that someone will find something I need

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-04-2013, 17:46   #4
bmoore

Not being a jerk but...............good luck.
Old 02-04-2013, 17:57   #5
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Not being a jerk but...............good luck.
I'll need it. The combined resources of the people on this forum should be able to, at the very least, get me on the email lists I need to be on.

Old 02-04-2013, 18:13   #6
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
I'll need it. The combined resources of the people on this forum should be able to, at the very least, get me on the email lists I need to be on.
Yes you will. The problem with the items on that list right now is that you are gonna pay a PREMIUM. I will keep my eye out though.

Last edited by bmoore; 02-04-2013 at 18:13..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 18:17   #7
bigmoney890

Thanks, Bmoore. I'm hoping I can get everything within the next 3-4 months.

Old 02-04-2013, 18:58   #8
Cole125
Silver Membership

I could have sworn you started a bunch of threads a month or two ago about building a rifle. Are you still working on your first one, or trying to build a second?

My .02 is give it a few months and parts will start being more available. As of now, like bmoore said, good luck.

Last edited by Cole125; 02-04-2013 at 18:59..
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 19:15   #9
bigmoney890

I finished my first build at the end of october/early november. I did start a thread at the beginning of December a bout a potential LMT build, but I couldn't find a LMT lower at the time. Since Rainier Arms pretty much made up my mind for me, I picked up my Noveske lower today, and will proceed in that direction.

At this point, I'm just looking to get on all of the email lists I can, so that way when things calm down, I'll be good to go

Old 02-04-2013, 19:39   #10
Cole125
Silver Membership

Right on. If you don't already have a account with Midwayusa, create one. Use the notify me feature on all products you are interested in and they send you a email when you get them.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 19:46   #11
bigmoney890

I don't like Midway. Them charging you extra for having a small order is retarded in my opinion. I'll just stick to people that want my business, and understand that most people aren't always going to be spending hundreds when they order. I am on the notify me list for a few things, but I'd rather not order from them.

Old 02-06-2013, 18:23   #12
bigmoney890

Well, I scratched the barrel of the list, scored a brand new one of the arfcom EE for normal pricing. Hell of a deal right now!

Old 02-06-2013, 18:36   #13
bug

Quote:
Well, I scratched the barrel of the list, scored a brand new one of the arfcom EE for normal pricing. Hell of a deal right now!
Aim surplus is another good place for you email list

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:40   #14
bigmoney890

Thanks, but they don't have much, if any, noveske products. I just checked their site again to be sure.

Old 02-06-2013, 18:42   #15
bug

Quote:
Thanks, but they don't have much, if any, noveske products. I just checked their site again to be sure.
They get a lot of spikes stuff might be a chance at a NiB bolt carrier from them at normal price.

Plus they also stock a lot of DD stuff including lower parts set and BCG

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by bug; 02-06-2013 at 18:43..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:49   #16
bigmoney890

Ah, I forgot about them and spike's. I've been on their email list for a normal Spike's BCG for 6 months or so, so hopefully IF they ever get one in, i'll snag one. And I'm not on the email list for the DD parts kit! Thanks, Bug!

Old 02-06-2013, 20:26   #17
Ruggles

I would rethink the Midway thing, they are getting stuff in stock daily it seems from my emails. You are cutting yourself off from a great source of parts IMO. And paying an extra $3 for a small part handling fee is a heck of a lot cheaper than the after market of today. Heck BCM has a minimum buy policy now as well, do you buy from them? I fully understand why they do. Mailing out a $3 part is not cost effective.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:33   #18
bigmoney890

I have ordered from BCM, but I think it's silly to have a minimum limit. But I'd rather have a minimum limit than be charged for small orders. That defeats the purpose of ordering online if you end up paying for shipping plus a small order fee. A minimum order limit seems more reasonable, but I still don't like it. Plus, I looked through Midways website, they don't have the things i'm looking for, or I might have overlooked them.

Old 02-06-2013, 20:44   #19
Ruggles

Quote:
I have ordered from BCM, but I think it's silly to have a minimum limit. But I'd rather have a minimum limit than be charged for small orders. That defeats the purpose of ordering online if you end up paying for shipping plus a small order fee. A minimum order limit seems more reasonable, but I still don't like it. Plus, I looked through Midways website, they don't have the things i'm looking for, or I might have overlooked them.
Fair enough

I guess I think of it like a pizza restaurant, one that I might own. I would not be receptive to a guy coming in a taking a table up to order a 1/4 slice of pizza and a 1/2 bottle of beer

Not sure if you use Brownells but they are a great source as well. And PSA for parts is good too.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:49   #20
bigmoney890

I browsed brownells and they don't seem to have much Noveske stuff, I've ordered from PSA, but I shy away from them because or order times and I've had problems with 2 out of 3 orders. I'd order from them again, but It'd have to be because they had something that others did not.

And I agree with your analogy, but for a company as large as Midway or BCM, it shouldn't matter. For a small 'mom and pop' shop, it would more likely affect them.