GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 21:41   #151
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,444
It's fairly obvious that some in this thread have no idea about PTSD and the various forms it can take.


For the record, I'm not an expert, either. But, having worked side by side with a guy who was diagnosed with said disease (after his Hummer was blown up by an IED, and he got some nice head wounds), I can say I would trust him completely on the firing line.

Matter of fact, I did. We've been on the line together more than once. We've also fought people side by side, and he even backed me on a stop I had while working off duty. Yet, some of you believe he shouldn't even have a gun, much less shoot it.

When you get some experience working with vets and PTSD, come back and speak with some authority. Until then, shut up.


Oh, and RP is a ******.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:43   #152
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
I believe I found the person who hides behind the G19G20 handle:

Political Issues
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:44   #153
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
Just so I'm clear... You think you VOTE your way into protecting your rights... Or do you think you protect your right to free speech by exercising your right to free speech?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

Heard of it?
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:44   #154
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...snipers-death/



Classy, Ron, classy. Neville Chamberlain had nothing on you when it comes to being a pacifist.
Dr. Paul isn't infallible and this comment was not only in poor taste but also poor judgment. It was flat out disrespectful. I'm very disappointed.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:45   #155
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
misfire
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 02-04-2013 at 21:46..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:45   #156
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
...Keep reinforcing my opinion that I have more to fear from the "military that protects my rights" (apparently except my right to speak my mind, lest I receive violence in return) than goat herders on the other side of the world.
You have a RIGHT to say whatever you please. But words sometimes have consequences. The government won't prosecute you for saying them. But being disrespectful of a decorated servicemen in the presence of their comrade in arms shortly after their demise will likely lead to an unscheduled emergency room visit.

You still have the RIGHT to speak your mind.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:46   #157
Glotin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

Heard of it?
So you're prepared to fight a foreign military?

Do you think that idiots like you with their "last resort ammo boxes" could have stopped the Japanese in 1941 if we didn't have a forward deployed, standing army? What would the world look like today if the militias you're so fond of had failed to overcome a Japanese invasion (and they most certainly would have failed)?
__________________
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

The Law

Last edited by Glotin; 02-04-2013 at 21:51..
Glotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:48   #158
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

Heard of it?
That will protect you from within... As long as nothing changes. But there's a big old world out there, and I'll wager more than one place out there that wouldn't mind coming over and taking up residence. Which of the four boxes will slow them?

Think bigger than yourself. Think even bigger than our borders.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:50   #159
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,444
That's what I get for not reading the entire thread.


Screw you and the horse you....well, I'm sure that the horse is already doing something nasty, so never mind.


I never served (one of the ONLY regrets I have know my past..I even did MEPS), but have a history of military service in my family. My grandfather retired from the USN as an E-7. My uncle did, as well, and served as a corpsman in Beruit, which caused him some issues. My mother did 23 years in the USAR as a nurse, and left as an O-4.

Many, many of my coworkers and friends within a multitude of agencies are current or prior service. Many have shed blood in the service of this country. I dare the little pansy waist to talk smack in front of one of them, instead of hiding behinds his keyboard. Better yet, head back to Arlington and go tell that nice Marine fellow guarding the Tomb about your opinions. Be sure and give us a YouTube link.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:50   #160
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,350


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Dr. Paul isn't infallible and this comment was not only in poor taste but also poor judgment. It was flat out disrespectful. I'm very disappointed.
Thanks for posting that.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:50   #161
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glotin View Post
So you're prepared to fight a foreign military?
Apparently, if we weren't such "bullies", no one would ever consider coming here to take what belongs to us out of sheer decency.

Or, G19G20 could talk them out of it... apparently.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:50   #162
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glotin View Post
So you're prepared to fight a foreign military?
If need be, but the way things are going these days I don't think it's a foreign military I have to worry about.

You guys are aware the gov't is trying to disarm you, right? There's only one reason governments do that to their people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
That will protect you from within... As long as nothing changes. But there's a big old world out there, and I'll wager more than one place out there that wouldn't mind coming over and taking up residence. Which of the four boxes will slow them?

Think bigger than yourself. Think even bigger than our borders.
See above comment to glotin. No one is going to invade this country militarily for a multitude of reasons. The commies are working on doing that without a hint of violence...so far. This would be a topic for it's own thread though.
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 02-04-2013 at 21:53..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:51   #163
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glotin View Post
So you're prepared to fight a foreign military?
Wait... Other countries have a military?
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:53   #164
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
If need be, but the way things are going these days I don't think it's a foreign military I have to worry about.

You guys are aware the gov't is trying to disarm you, right? There's only one reason governments do that to their people.
Because they're liberals? Liberals ALWAYS try to ban guns - it's in their nature. Or, were you even alive in 1994 to see that ban?
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:56   #165
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
See above comment to glotin. No one is going to invade this country militarily for a multitude of reasons. The commies are working on doing that without a hint of violence...so far. This would be a topic for it's own thread though.
No, not a multitude of reasons... Only one reason. Because we would kick their ass. The military does that; not you.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:56   #166
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Because they're liberals? Liberals ALWAYS try to ban guns - it's in their nature. Or, were you even alive in 1994 to see that ban?
Your point? It's still happening regardless of the who. The WHY is what is important.
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:58   #167
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
No, not a multitude of reasons... Only one reason. Because we would kick their ass. The military does that; not you.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy

He wasn't talking about the military. He was talking about you and me QN.
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:01   #168
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy

He wasn't talking about the military. He was talking about you and me QN.
Yamamoto was a wise man. Not all dictators are.

Me, I'd fight to repel all invaders to my dying breath. But I'm not delusional enough to think that with modern weaponry as it is, you and I would hold up very long.
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:11   #169
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Thread got way off track here so Ill just say that the tweet could have been worded better and less "direct", but it still contains truth. I will always come down on the side of the truth before I worry about someone's feelings.

Till next time....
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:14   #170
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,782
In the aftermath of Ron Paul’s despicable tweet today slamming US Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, murdered on Saturday while helping a fellow soldier learn to cope with post traumatic stress syndrome, Paul’s son, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has told Breitbart News exclusively, “Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ponds-Ron-Paul
__________________
Fear the government that fears your guns.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:15   #171
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy

He wasn't talking about the military. He was talking about you and me QN.
The last person I would like to watch my six would be a spineless despicable cowardly piece of dog excrement like you.
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:17   #172
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,350


Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
In the aftermath of Ron Paul’s despicable tweet today slamming US Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, murdered on Saturday while helping a fellow soldier learn to cope with post traumatic stress syndrome, Paul’s son, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has told Breitbart News exclusively, “Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ponds-Ron-Paul
Prayers?

Does he mean prayers to God, or is it just an expression?

What would our Ronulan atheist troll say to that?
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:30   #173
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy

He wasn't talking about the military. He was talking about you and me QN.
Yamamoto never said that, of course.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

Another instance of you not checking your facts before trying to spin your BS. That might work when you're hustling bimbos when your wife ain't around, but it doesn't fly here.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 22:41   #174
chickenwing
Senior Member
 
chickenwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
The KGB and the SS recruited their torturers and executioners from people who were true believers in the infallibility of their leaders - Stalin and Hitler.
They were individuals who kissed their wives and kids every morning then went to work, put rubber gloves and rubber aprons over their uniforms then started to pull finger nails, insert needles into eyeballs and shoot people in the back of their heads.
They were doing all that with a clear conscience and no regrets because they all believed the Dear Leader or Der Fuhrer was infallible and his cause righteous.
This guy is cut from the same cloth, a true believer. I have no doubt in my mind that if Ron Paul would ask this guy to murder somebody he wouldn't hesitate a single second.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Ron is the offspring of Hitler and Stalin. Because of a tweet declaring a warrior for the government died by the hands of another government employee, who was f'ed up because the government sent him to the sandbox. He is now comparable to Hitler and Stalin?

So, by your logic(if it exists) questioning the authority of the State to commit constant warfare, is going to turn this country into a Russian gulag or Nazi death camp? And give Ron Paul the super hybrid Nazi/Russian army he needs to enact limited government?
And wow, posters agree with you.



I'm not necessarily on G19G20's side. But what you said is nonsense. You are saying Ron Paul would ask him to kill somebody?

That is a serious accusation. Any proof or evidence?
__________________
Quote:
...don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men!..
Charlie Chaplin -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wibmc...el_video_title

Last edited by chickenwing; 02-04-2013 at 22:54..
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 23:20   #175
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Ron is the offspring of Hitler and Stalin. Because of a tweet declaring a warrior for the government died by the hands of another government employee, who was f'ed up because the government sent him to the sandbox. He is now comparable to Hitler and Stalin?

So, by your logic(if it exists) questioning the authority of the State to commit constant warfare, is going to turn this country into a Russian gulag or Nazi death camp? And give Ron Paul the super hybrid Nazi/Russian army he needs to enact limited government?
And wow, posters agree with you.



I'm not necessarily on G19G20's side. But what you said is nonsense. You are saying Ron Paul would ask him to kill somebody?

That is a serious accusation. Any proof or evidence?

You missed the point by approximately 3.5 miles.
Read my post again tomorrow morning after you wake up and before you hit the bottle again.
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,075
353 Members
722 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42