GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:36   #26
acmectec2001

Every time I go in Walmart, they are sold out. They say they get 9mm in a few times a week but it's always gone. I couldn't figure out how I always miss it, figured the sporting goods guy must call his buddies. A lady yesterday said that if you go on walmart.com, you can get email alerts when it's in stock. She said they line up at 7:00am when sporting goods opens and clean it out!
acmectec2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 15:55   #27
Kentguy

cadillacguns..."Here in Indianapolis Indiana they (Walmart) also limit you to (3) three boxes"

Pretty much all over NE Ohio stores have signs up limiting the amount of ammo, bullets, powder and primers you can buy.

With all the panic grabbing that has been going on most stores don't want to loose their regular customers because of a few people who grab up all their stock.

The shame is I see these people at gun shows selling ammo for much much more than what they paid for it. I'm all for making an extra buck or two but what I've seen is just criminal!

Sorry for the rant... climbing down off my soap box now.
Old 02-05-2013, 16:28   #28
GlockinNJ

Last Friday, I saw some Blazer Brass 9mm online for $13.99/50. Long gone now though.

Stock comes and goes. You need to check often, but it's a helluva lot easier to check online than drive to WM.
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 20:40   #29
rookiehwm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
I found an out of way Walmart, that had 560...Yes, 560 boxes of PPU 9mm ammo at $15/box. More than they could fit in their cabinet. Of course I couldnt buy more than 3 due to new WM restrictions. At least I was smart and brought the wife so we could get 6. Even in the good times, 560boxes is alot!
I know exactly which Walmart you're talking about, because I was there as well! Needed some range ammo for the weekend...450 rounds later I was quite happy!
rookiehwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21   #30
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
cadillacguns..."Here in Indianapolis Indiana they (Walmart) also limit you to (3) three boxes"

Pretty much all over NE Ohio stores have signs up limiting the amount of ammo, bullets, powder and primers you can buy.

With all the panic grabbing that has been going on most stores don't want to loose their regular customers because of a few people who grab up all their stock.

The shame is I see these people at gun shows selling ammo for much much more than what they paid for it. I'm all for making an extra buck or two but what I've seen is just criminal!

Sorry for the rant... climbing down off my soap box now.
So there is a lot of Obamaphobia in NE OH.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:05   #31
Kentguy

SCmasterblaster..."Obamaphobia..."

Perhaps that is one way to describe it, toss in some plain old greed and mix in some folks totally unprepared and you might have a pretty clear picture of this.

Again I can not hardly blame any gun store for implementing such a rule. From their vantage point it makes perfect sense.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:30   #32
Pimp gun

My Walley world said 3 box limit per caliber
Pimp gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 14:48   #33
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
SCmasterblaster..."Obamaphobia..."

Perhaps that is one way to describe it, toss in some plain old greed and mix in some folks totally unprepared and you might have a pretty clear picture of this.

Again I can not hardly blame any gun store for implementing such a rule. From their vantage point it makes perfect sense.
I remember Kent, OH - home of Kent State University. I was living in Brook Park, OH when the four students were shot.