SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 17:06   #21
surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyDaleShackleford View Post
It's the people who stock up every possible chance, until they have 10,000 rounds of each caliber, and 50+ magazines are the ones causing the shortages, and are the reason people like me can't find ANYTHING. Can't get a single box of ammo, and can't find a 6th AR magazine. About 10% of the gun people are overdoing it. If the worst happens, and they actually have to use those things, how is a small fraction of--not everyone, just of the gun folks--gonna be able to do anything? They'll have forced everyone else out of being able to get in on the action. Ammo and magazines will collect dust in basements, while millions can't do a thing.
Rusty, the people who have ammunition supplies on hand are generally not the ones who have caused the mad rush on ammunition right now. Most people who have acquired ammunition have done so over a period of time in small quantities at a time. They never caused a huge surge in the market while acquiring their ammunition. This latest surge is from individuals who are panic buying. So many new people into buying new weapons and they are buying ammo for those weapons. Not at stockpile ammo amounts, but they are buying ammo for all of the newly sold weapons on the market. This is an unprecedented rush on new firearms sales the like never seen before in history. This rush on weapons alone and the need for ammunition has depleted the market. Granted some have purchased to hoard, but the major reason for this are the suddenly new weapons owners or those who purchased more weapons and needed ammo for them. These sheer number of new weapons sales has gobbled up ammo civilian ammo supplies.

I know of many many avid shooters who have not purchased a single magazine or box of ammo since this mad rush began. I would be inclined to think that is true in many places across the nation. One lesson to learn here is that once the panic dies down and things start returning to normal, is that enthusiasts who do a lot of shooting should slowly start accumulating supplies of ammunition and parts in order to weather these types of panic situations, which are not going to go away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 17:35   #22
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Extremely high quality AR magazines (Lancer L5AWM) at Spikes for $22

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...ke-p-1027.html

A representative M4C thread about them

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ht=lancer+mags

NHMTG 20 and 30 round mags in stock, quick shipping, $20

http://www.buffertech.com/Search.aspx?m=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyDaleShackleford View Post
It's the people who stock up every possible chance, until they have 10,000 rounds of each caliber, and 50+ magazines are the ones causing the shortages, and are the reason people like me can't find ANYTHING. Can't get a single box of ammo, and can't find a 6th AR magazine. About 10% of the gun people are overdoing it. If the worst happens, and they actually have to use those things, how is a small fraction of--not everyone, just of the gun folks--gonna be able to do anything? They'll have forced everyone else out of being able to get in on the action. Ammo and magazines will collect dust in basements, while millions can't do a thing.

I'm sorry you didn't have any ammunition or a handful of magazines leading up to Obama's re-election.

I'm sorry you are trying to buy items during the most crazy time in the industry possibly EVER.

If you can't find an AR magazine, you don't know where to look or you aren't even trying. But I helped you out there.

Nobody forced anybody out of the action. It is a temporary surge in demand.

And you know what? The UNPREPARED are the ones that are mostly, among prior gun owners, to blame, IMO. They realized that they once again got caught with their pants down and tried to catch up for it all at once.

Also new gun owners. Not their fault, and I don't blame them AT ALL, but hte new gun owners, and new AR owners (there are LOTS of them) are in the market for some of everything right now, because they need some of everything to support their new rifles.

If millions can't do a thing, it's their own fault in probably 95% of the cases

PS: I am a net buyer of ammo the last 2 months by 5 rounds. I sold 95 rounds 5.56 and I purchased 100 rounds .22lr. That's it, the past two months.

I was a net seller of magazines until this week.

I know many who are in the same position.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 02-06-2013 at 17:37..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 17:39   #23
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
It's not great, it's MSRP.
MSRP for new PMAGs, in stock, right now, IS a great score.

What is the MSRP for XM193?

Would you mind selling me some for, say, 120% of MSRP?

I got a three pack of PMAGs late last week, delivered today, for $45 shipped. I think I got a "great score", because that deal is hard to find right now, and has been for awhile.

Sure, it will probably change and in a few months they will probably be available for $12 again, with free shipping. And, sure, I paid $10.42, shipped, for PMAGs over Halloween. But right now they are not available like that, and there IS a chance that it will change for the worse in the future. Probably not...but it's possible.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 02-06-2013 at 17:44..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote