Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 16:34   #76
RonS

Unless force or deceit is involved or manipulating someone who is not competent to handle their own affairs, people can sell anything they own for whatever they can get with my blessing. Not my business or anyone elses. Don't like price supports or price controls, it stops ordinary people from making a profit but allows the giants to manipulate the market by involving the government.
Old 02-06-2013, 17:16   #77
johnstein11

Yeah, I'm not going to pay $3.50 for a gallon of gas or $4 for a steak! This is price gouging too! I don't like how the forces of supply and demand determine market prices. If only there were another system that could be used that would allow me to pay only what I think is fair. Why won't the government step in and prevent this? OP please contact your congressman to intervene ... after you stop your whining on this forum.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:28   #78
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemax View Post
All gougers are opportunistic scum hurting this country by driving up prices, and selling their soul for money. You are in trouble if and when the stuff hits the fan. In your twisted mind it is ok to get yours and screw everyone else. I know you are not able to see this but it is not free enterprise. Free enterprise is not driven by greedy parasites but created by the hard work and risk of true business people who contribute to the economy. They create jobs for other people not take an advantage for money without hurting others. Gougers are kinda like a drug pusher but you can't get arrested for it. As for sour grapes, I have none. I do Very well as I stated I retired at age 54. I just love this country and hate the things people do without caring about the welfare of others and calling that conservative enterprise. It is not a conservative position to "Get mine at any cost to everyone else" It is about keeping our freedoms and preserving the constitution. I am not the enemy, I'm just saying think about it from another perspective and don't get offended at my opinion. Usually people get offended if the shoe fits. I am not offended at what anyone thinks about me or how I look at this subject. I expected this kind of response. Some people attack out of instinct to being offended. Others simply state their opinion without character attacks on someone they never even met. You may like me and just disagree with me on this one and only point. I would venture to guess that you and I agree on most other things.
This is too rich. Do I get to be the one to explain who Eric is?
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:33   #79
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
So outside of your feelings and your list, nothing is coming of this. Why are we even here????
I'm not.

Been wanting to use that quote from Life of Brian for ages.

I think this guy is trying to follow the shoe.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:46   #80
countrygun

Why weren't people complaining when AK mags were so cheap that dealers were having to sell them in 12 pack deals to make it worth the trouble of shipping and making much less profit? We should have been paying higher prices because it wasn't fair to the dealers.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:53   #81
marlinfan

I sold 3 AK mags and a couple hundred rounds of wolf for $250. Looking to trade 3 pmags and 100 rounds of 5.56 ball for a plain Jane .38spcl revolver. I love the panics. Buy May when reality sets in I imagine all kinds of good ARs will be available for $750 or so. I honestly wish I had more to sell.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by marlinfan; 02-06-2013 at 20:55..
Old 02-06-2013, 20:54   #82
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Capitalism.

Go take an economics course, or read Adam Smith.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Old 02-06-2013, 20:58   #83
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!

If you find are paying more than a fair price, then wait. We are in a sellers market now. This is not the time to buy anything without careful study.

Things WILL return to a normal state. This too shall pass.

If you have not bought anything in prep, you have already waited too late. This is not the right time to catch up. I really believe you will get another chance if you will be patient.

But there are a bunch of greedy bastards out there who want to capitalize on fear, and panic. They love this-- be patient and dont fall into this trap.

Last edited by Kentucky Shooter; 02-06-2013 at 21:00..
Old 02-06-2013, 21:06   #84
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsmith713 View Post
The fact that you don't understand what gouging is even after it has been pointed out 10 times should end this discussion. FOR IT TO BE GOUGING WE HAVE TO BE TALKING ABOUT NECESSITIES. We aren't so end of discussion.
Ha. It isn't even gouging with necessities. Something has to ration it. You either believe consumers should or the government should. Whether its need or want the same forces are in play.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-06-2013, 21:52   #85
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
This is too rich. Do I get to be the one to explain who Eric is?
I read four pages waiting for someone to do it. Nice restraint Eric. Fireman, I think I found your local club's meeting house:

The Okie Corral

Welcome to GT, komrade.
Old 02-06-2013, 22:11   #86
jame
mange takk

Quote:
i agree with you. I was not talking about an Ak for $150 four years ago. I am talking about a $350 Keltech POS 2000 selling for $950 in a matter of months. Gouging is when you overprice, taking advantage of the situation. Like in N.Y where they were doubling the price of plywood knowing people would buy it. I need nothing I can think of in life. I don't like seeing our country going the route it is taking. People defend gouging so they can feel good about it.
The buyer of that Keltec drove the market, not the seller.

When you resold those houses you flipped, did you make a profit? Or were you just another jerk thats gouging?

How did you feel after you made that profit?

Look in the mirror and think again, buddy. It's the buyers overpricing you, not the sellers.
Old 02-06-2013, 22:17   #87
badge315

Quote:
I think this guy is trying to follow the shoe.
Screw that; follow the gourd.

- The Loc-Nar
Old 02-06-2013, 22:26   #88
firemax

My last word since i started this. Honestly, there are a few things no one even thought to mention. The economy is not good. There are those out there that are not doing as good as the rest of us are. Many, through no fault of there own, have fallen upon hard times. I know a few. I'm talking about good, hard working people who have worked all of their lives and have rejected the hand out mindset. For them right now every penny counts. Some make decisions every day on either eating or taking care of medical needs they are neglecting just to survive, I am talking about real people with children and spouses that go to bed at night with the weight of the world on their shoulders. Don't dare to be an ***** and get your violins out. I am doing just fine. I am not talking about me. If you think it is a good conservative principal to jump on the "I got mine you should have prepped earlier bandwagon" I feel real sorry for you. If you are so numb not to be able to feel the pain of others, I even pity you. That is all i am saying. If we as a nation don't help each other and stop worrying what we can get for ourselves by making a buck, we will never survive. That is how gougers driving up prices hurts this country. They are only thinking about one thing. Their own selves. If you are wondering what I am doing about this, it is helping others prepare for what could be coming. People are scared if you haven't noticed. They are buying guns and ammo at an all time alarming rate. It is as plain as the nose on your face if you care to look at it. There is panic and people are having a hard time dealing with it. It is not just about you and your right to take advantage of a serious situation. If it is that important to you now to capitalize just because it is your right, you are free to do it. Just don't criticize me for pointing it out. The expected move is for those who don't want to look at what they do, is to call me a entitlement minded liberal democrat, or worse yet a communist as one person did. Please come up with a more challenging move than that. I have had that one played on me by other liberals many times before. i don't want to take your rights off of you at all. Just to cause us all to see that our rights should be secondary to our responsibility to care for one another even when we could have used our "what about me rights." Sorry if I offended anyone. I just wanted to raise a point and present another way to view things. I had the illusion that was what these forums were suppose to be all about. One more thing. The one who demands that everyone accepts "his" definition of gouging so he can feel good about himself, I say who died and made you god. Your world is not mine. I am done with this. so all the cowards can take your shots. YOU are the ones trying to deny others their !st amendment right to speak their mind. Right or wrong as you may see it.

Last edited by firemax; 02-06-2013 at 22:33..
Old 02-06-2013, 22:30   #89
countrygun

If any of you love the English language, hug the next paragraph you see.
Old 02-06-2013, 22:32   #90
jame
mange takk

Fair enough.

Have those disadvantage folks pm me. I have 2 SKS's for sale. $850 each.......shipped.

Hella cheaper than those $2000 AR's, eh?
Old 02-06-2013, 22:39   #91
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Ha. It isn't even gouging with necessities. Something has to ration it. You either believe consumers should or the government should. Whether its need or want the same forces are in play.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I volunteer. Everybody send their excess guns, mags and ammo to me and I will ensure they are equitably distributed.

I promise to send at least the lead portions of the ammo in equal quantities to the North, South, East and West. You can count on me. Obama needs to appoint an ammo Czar and I would make a great one.
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 02-06-2013 at 22:40..
Old 02-06-2013, 22:45   #92
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
I read four pages waiting for someone to do it. Nice restraint Eric. Fireman, I think I found your local club's meeting house:

The Okie Corral

Welcome to GT, komrade.
I think somebody already told him. I noticed him backtracking in one of his posts to Eric. Funny thing is Eric doesn't really care if he bad mouths him, just so long as he follows the rules which so far he has.
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Old 02-06-2013, 22:45   #93
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
My last word since i started this. Honestly, there are a few things no one even thought to mention. The economy is not good. There are those out there that are not doing as good as the rest of us are. Many, through no fault of there own, have fallen upon hard times. I know a few. I'm talking about good, hard working people who have worked all of their lives and have rejected the hand out mindset. For them right now every penny counts. Some make decisions every day on either eating or taking care of medical needs they are neglecting just to survive, I am talking about real people with children and spouses that go to bed at night with the weight of the world on their shoulders. Don't dare to be an ***** and get your violins out. I am doing just fine. I am not talking about me. If you think it is a good conservative principal to jump on the "I got mine you should have prepped earlier bandwagon" I feel real sorry for you. If you are so numb not to be able to feel the pain of others, I even pity you. That is all i am saying. If we as a nation don't help each other and stop worrying what we can get for ourselves by making a buck, we will never survive. That is how gougers driving up prices hurts this country. They are only thinking about one thing. Their own selves. If you are wondering what I am doing about this, it is helping others prepare for what could be coming. People are scared if you haven't noticed. They are buying guns and ammo at an all time alarming rate. It is as plain as the nose on your face if you care to look at it. There is panic and people are having a hard time dealing with it. It is not just about you and your right to take advantage of a serious situation. If it is that important to you now to capitalize just because it is your right, you are free to do it. Just don't criticize me for pointing it out. The expected move is for those who don't want to look at what they do, is to call me a entitlement minded liberal democrat, or worse yet a communist as one person did. Please come up with a more challenging move than that. I have had that one played on me by other liberals many times before. i don't want to take your rights off of you at all. Just to cause us all to see that our rights should be secondary to our responsibility to care for one another even when we could have used our "what about me rights." Sorry if I offended anyone. I just wanted to raise a point and present another way to view things. I had the illusion that was what these forums were suppose to be all about. One more thing. The one who demands that everyone accepts "his" definition of gouging so he can feel good about himself, I say who died and made you god. Your world is not mine. I am done with this. so all the cowards can take your shots. YOU are the ones trying to deny others their !st amendment right to speak their mind. Right or wrong as you may see it.
You've stated repeatedly that you're doing just fine financially. I realize your concern for those struggling, unable to decide between food, medical care or a Kel tec sub2000. Might I suggest that you buy the kel tec for $950 and sell it to them for $300? This would allow them to spend their money on food and medical care knowing their kel tec needs are met.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-06-2013 at 22:45..
Old 02-06-2013, 22:48   #94
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You've stated repeatedly that you're doing just fine financially. I realize your concern for those struggling, unable to decide between food, medical care or a Kel tec sub2000. Might I suggest that you buy the kel tec for $950 and sell it to them for $300? This would allow them to spend their money on food and medical care knowing their kel tec needs are met.
Sorry, I already sold it to somebody for $800. But he looked like a senior citizen so at least we have that going for us.
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Old 02-06-2013, 22:50   #95

Quote:
My last word since i started this. Honestly, there are a few things no one even thought to mention. The economy is not good. There are those out there that are not doing as good as the rest of us are. Many, through no fault of there own, have fallen upon hard times. I know a few. I'm talking about good, hard working people who have worked all of their lives and have rejected the hand out mindset. For them right now every penny counts. Some make decisions every day on either eating or taking care of medical needs they are neglecting just to survive, I am talking about real people with children and spouses that go to bed at night with the weight of the world on their shoulders.
If people are that bad off, maybe buying/wanting a firearm should be low on their list of priorities. That's the world I live in.

Quote:
Don't dare to be an ***** and get your violins out. I am doing just fine. I am not talking about me. If you think it is a good conservative principal to jump on the "I got mine you should have prepped earlier bandwagon" I feel real sorry for you. If you are so numb not to be able to feel the pain of others, I even pity you. That is all i am saying.
Very good!!!

Quote:
If we as a nation don't help each other and stop worrying what we can get for ourselves by making a buck, we will never survive.
Some people are hurting and need to make a buck to survive. Thank god for the people willing to spend money on stuff they want and not need, huh?

Quote:
That is how gougers driving up prices hurts this country.
Buyers are fueling the demand and driving prices.

Quote:
They are only thinking about one thing. Their own selves.
Self interest is what built and drives this country.

Quote:
If you are wondering what I am doing about this,
No.

Quote:
it is helping others prepare for what could be coming.
Good for you.

Quote:
People are scared if you haven't noticed. They are buying guns and ammo at an all time alarming rate.
Scared people are what's driving the prices.

Quote:
It is as plain as the nose on your face if you care to look at it. There is panic and people are having a hard time dealing with it.
Yeah, and....

Quote:
It is not just about you and your right to take advantage of a serious situation.
Selling at current market prices to willing buyers is not taking advantage of anything or anyone.

Quote:
If it is that important to you now to capitalize just because it is your right, you are free to do it. Just don't criticize me for pointing it out.
Pointing what out? That you're wrong?

Quote:
The expected move is for those who don't want to look at what they do, is to call me a entitlement minded liberal democrat, or worse yet a communist as one person did. Please come up with a more challenging move than that. I have had that one played on me by other liberals many times before.

Quote:
i don't want to take your rights off of you at all. Just to cause us all to see that our rights should be secondary to our responsibility to care for one another even when we could have used our "what about me rights."
Who made me responsible for others?

Quote:
Sorry if I offended anyone.
Who's offended? People just don't agree with your world view about buying and selling.

Quote:
I just wanted to raise a point and present another way to view things.
It appears that very few see things like you.

Quote:
I had the illusion that was what these forums were suppose to be all about.
What were they supposed to be about? I didn't get them memo.

Quote:
One more thing. The one who demands that everyone accepts "his" definition of gouging so he can feel good about himself, I say who died and made you god. Your world is not mine.
A lot of gun owners are socialists when they want to buy and capitalists when they want to sell.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 02-06-2013 at 22:57..
Old 02-06-2013, 22:54   #96
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Sorry, I already sold it to somebody for $800. But he looked like a senior citizen so at least we have that going for us.
On the one hand, you gouged a senior living on Social Security.

On the other hand you got some of your tax money back.

I call it a wash.
Old 02-06-2013, 23:13   #97
davew83
hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

Send a message via AIM to davew83
Quote:

The Okie Corral
Duke of Marlborough
Old 02-07-2013, 05:38   #98
F_G

Quote:
YOU are the ones trying to deny others their !st amendment right to speak their mind. Right or wrong as you may see it.
I don't see anyone denying your 1st Amendment rights. If you had been banned, censored, told to shut up, threatened or some other coercion I might see your point. All I see is you presenting your OPINION and then getting butthurt when someone gives their differing OPINION. So I guess you talk, we listen and do not give a dissenting opinion? Who is attempting to quell someone's 1st Amendment rights now?

I don't have a clue how old you are, but it sounds as though you still have some growing up to do.

Last edited by F_G; 02-07-2013 at 13:44..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42   #99
johnstein11

Quote:
Thank goodness someone is thinking about the poor! If they can barely afford food, you should help them buy guns and ammo! Since you made profits in your business, did you share them with your neighbors? You are doing well financially, so are you giving away your assets to the needy? Maybe you should, because until you do you are a hippocrite.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49   #100
G23c

wow, almost 5 pages on the term "gouging". is this the new "clips"?
Closed Thread

Tags
homosexual drama