Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 16:02   #1
snerd

Black community still suffering from ‘disproportionately high unemployment

Keep voting color over policy. It's working so well............
Quote:
A congressional report finds that the economic recovery hasn’t solved problems faced by the black community, including “disproportionately high unemployment rates.”

Blacks account for 12 percent of the labor force, according to the U.S. Joint Economic Committee, but suffered from a 13.8 percent jobless rate in January 2013 and make up 25 percent of workers who have been unemployed for longer than 99 weeks.

Furthermore, the number of black workers looking for work has fallen by almost 300,000 since 2011, and there are nearly 2.6 million black workers who want to work but can’t find a job.
Old 02-05-2013, 16:05   #2
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Blacks make up 12% of the labor force, but have a 13.8% jobless rate?

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 19:55   #3
pugman

Disregarding race all together...anyone unemployed 99 weeks (that is nearly two years folks) isn't looking.

These people aren't stupid; the more things change the more I think I'm the stupid one for working.

My MIL recently evicted a group of young "adults"...4 of them in what was admittedly a slumlord's house.

Each of them had worked at the same place...each had been on unemployment going on 19 months.

They literally drank, got high, played PS3 for the past year and a half. I seriously can't pinpoint if they are just lazy, stupid or geniuses? Throw out pride and self respect and there is no limit to how low you can go.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:14   #4
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

When you pay people to do nothing, don't be too surprised when they do nothing.

Have to work or starve, and you'll be surprised how many jobs Americans will do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:16   #5
countrygun

I'm not sure, in all cases "suffering" is the right word.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:35   #6
coastal4974

Probably because they also suffer from disproportionately baby daddy missing.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:38   #7
JFrame

...I guess Obama's "grand strategy" is to turn things around in his fourth term... Political Issues

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:53   #8
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post

It's a percentage within a percentage.

I'd say blacks are voting democrat, and it's not working.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:22   #9
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
...I guess Obama's "grand strategy" is to turn things around in his fourth term... Political Issues

Now that's funny. Unfortunately I fear that's where we're headed. Name may change, results will not.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 00:39   #10
ScubaSven
PersonaNonGrata

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post

It was a poorly worded sentence. The author meant to say: "12% of the US labor force is black. Amongst the black labor force, the jobless rate is 13.8%."
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24   #11
Glotin

The answers to these problems have been known for decades; turns out politicians are more interested in buying votes from the ignorant than they are in doing what's best for the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSven View Post
It was a poorly worded sentence. The author meant to say: "12% of the US labor force is black. Amongst the black labor force, the jobless rate is 13.8%."
It's not a poorly worded sentence, one just needs to know the meaning of "rate".

Glotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00   #12
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

The blacks are stupid. Sorry, but that's just a fact. The Democrats have had them in their back pocket for decades as reliable voters (95% last election). They're promised everything but nothing ever changes for them.

If they could think independently and starting looking at themselves as people and not BLACK people, maybe they could be successful and pull themselves out of their rut.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19   #13
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Like LBJ said if the democraps could hijack and claim the civil rights bills, they'd be voting democrap for generations.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:28   #14
Bren
NRA Life Member

So get a job. We have jobs in the upper half of the state employee pay scale that require nothing but a high school diploma, drug test and reasonably clean record and we can't get applicants. A large portion of those jobs are just outside Louisville, which has KY's biggest unemployed black population.

There used to be a black "community activist" in Louisville who would complain periodically that the state police didn't hire blacks. The commissioner, when I was working for him, told him to send him any qualified black applicants and he'd hire them. I honestly don't think he has protested since and that was 6-7 years ago.

Last edited by Bren; 02-07-2013 at 06:30..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19   #15
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
It's a percentage within a percentage.

I'd say blacks are voting democrat, and it's not working.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
No, it's working perfectly. Now, they get a paycheck without that pesky work requirement.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23   #16
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
So get a job. We have jobs in the upper half of the state employee pay scale that require nothing but a high school diploma, drug test and reasonably clean record and we can't get applicants. A large portion of those jobs are just outside Louisville, which has KY's biggest unemployed black population.

There used to be a black "community activist" in Louisville who would complain periodically that the state police didn't hire blacks. The commissioner, when I was working for him, told him to send him any qualified black applicants and he'd hire them. I honestly don't think he has protested since and that was 6-7 years ago.
That drug test is a deal breaker for some. Clean record? That ruins it for some others. It's so unfair [/sarcasm]

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35   #17
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post

Guim not the only one who says this.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49   #18
walt cowan

when you find a man in a hole, chances are he has a shovel in his hand. this hole has a army of earth moving equipment and operators in it.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20   #19
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt cowan View Post
when you find a man in a hole, chances are he has a shovel in his hand. this hole has a army of earth moving equipment and operators in it.
And the guy driving the biggest backhoe has been elected president by the people in the hole...twice.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20   #20
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
Keep voting color over policy. It's working so well............

Waiting to be corrected if proven wrong, but aren't blacks also 'disproportionately represented' in our penal institutions?

Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote