Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 17:17   #1
DOC44

Calif. seeks to adopt nation's toughest gun laws

Quote:
Among the bills is one that would outlaw the future sale of semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines a restriction that would prevent an assailant from quickly reloading. Lawmakers also want to make some prohibitions apply to current gun owners, not just to people who buy weapons in the future.

Like New York, California also would require background checks for buying ammunition and would add to the list of prohibited weapons.

Those buying ammunition would have to pay a fee and undergo an initial background check by the Department of Justice, similar to what is required now before buyers can purchase a weapon. Subsequent background checks would be done instantly by an ammunition seller checking the Justice Department's records.

The measures also would ban possession of magazines holding more than 10 bullets, even by those who now own them legally. All weapons would have to be registered.

http://news.yahoo.com/calif-seeks-ad...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Californicate.... a good place to be from or never go to..... let the illegals and the sheeple have it and biuld a fence around it.

Doc44
Old 02-07-2013, 19:42   #2
IvanVic

Perry already has ads running to attract business owners to TX from CA. He should do the same for gun owners.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 19:49   #3
bear62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post

http://news.yahoo.com/calif-seeks-ad...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Californicate.... a good place to be from or never go to..... let the illegals and the sheeple have it and biuld a fence around it.

Doc44
The fence needs to be high ...... So many Kalifornians have moved to CO over the last few years bringing their Kalifornian ways with them ... Very sad.......
Old 02-07-2013, 20:20   #4
W420Hunter

Send a message via AIM to W420Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to W420Hunter
Why does it seem like these people are fighting to out do each other?
W420Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:41   #5
ithaca_deerslayer

Wonder if their proposed ban on detachable mags would also include pistols?

Old 02-07-2013, 22:32   #6
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Wonder if their proposed ban on detachable mags would also include pistols?

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42   #7
EOS
Pro Liberty

They are also banning the possesion of hollowpoints or any self defense ammo, requiring a gun license just like a driver's license, and requiring gun owners to purchase gun "liability insurance". Not sure who will be providing that, I dont think Allstate has a gun policy.

They used the term "assault bullets" to describe hollowpoints. Like the military uses hollowpoints. Stupid bastards.

According to this bill, the only new handguns sold in CA after this will be wheel guns. As any handgun accepting a detachable magazine will be contraband and a felony to posess, their is no grandfathering in this bill.

If you walk into a gunshop in CA it's gonna feel like walking into a gunshop in the 1950's, nothing but revolvers, bolt guns and double barrels.

Will they have to fill out a different version of a 4473 to buy a box of ammo?

I also saw a 500 round limit on ammuntion, it was vague, leaves me wondering if that means limit to 500 rounds purchased at a time, or over your lifetime.

Whatever, just another reason to avoid CA like genital warts.

This is likely to pass as well, you tend to get the government you deserve. Happy days are ahead for Leeroy and Dante in South Central, they already have 15 round NINEZ and AKs with dem hunet round drums. I feel sorry for the non-sheep that live in CA.

Why anyone would live in that authoritarian wasteland is beyond me.

Last edited by EOS; 02-08-2013 at 03:56..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56   #8
Lowjiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear62 View Post
The fence needs to be high ...... So many Kalifornians have moved to CO over the last few years bringing their Kalifornian ways with them ... Very sad.......
Here in the Vegas Valley the fleeing Californians are managing to congregate mostly in one area. Of course, they still just don't "get it" and are trying to influence the local governments here. A popular bumper sticker here reads: "I don't give a damn how you did it in California."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote