GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 08:04   #1
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,327
Blog Entries: 1
I'm going to start supporting republicans.

I'm not a republican. And I don't like some of the views of the republicans. But it looks to me like america is currently solidly divided between people who self identify as republicans and people who self identify as democrats. And those people have enough numbers to make any other voters have little effect. That is just how the numbers of people work out.
I would like things to be different. I would like for a bunch of people to stop believing the lie that "we have plenty of money, it's just that the rich people are not paying their fair share".
How I want things to be is not really relevant, things are as they are no matter what I want.

There is one thing about these 2 parties that is very solidly true. Democrats are trying to take away our gun rights. It's even in their party platform. And republicans are the only thing preventing them from taking our rights.
So starting on the 28th of this month I'm going to start volunteering with the republican party here in my state. If you value your 2nd amendment rights, you might consider doing something similar.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07   #2
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,428
Good for you!....
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41   #3
coastal4974
Senior Member
 
coastal4974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,816
Welcome home.
__________________
The politicians added another $4.8 billion to our debt today.
coastal4974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45   #4
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,327
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal4974 View Post
Welcome home.
Well, I'm just more republican than I am democrat. I go to church too, but I'm not a christian.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49   #5
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I'm not a republican. And I don't like some of the views of the republicans. But it looks to me like america is currently solidly divided between people who self identify as republicans and people who self identify as democrats. And those people have enough numbers to make any other voters have little effect. That is just how the numbers of people work out.
I would like things to be different. I would like for a bunch of people to stop believing the lie that "we have plenty of money, it's just that the rich people are not paying their fair share".
How I want things to be is not really relevant, things are as they are no matter what I want.

There is one thing about these 2 parties that is very solidly true. Democrats are trying to take away our gun rights. It's even in their party platform. And republicans are the only thing preventing them from taking our rights.
So starting on the 28th of this month I'm going to start volunteering with the republican party here in my state. If you value your 2nd amendment rights, you might consider doing something similar.
Which Republicans are you going to support? The Karl Rove Republicans or the conservative Republicans?
http://spectator.org/archives/2013/0...y-at-rove-erup
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51   #6
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,892
Your almost home. There is a fight btw RINOs and conservatives in the GOP. I would suggest trying the TP.
I believe old skool GOP would compromise your rights on the 2A too.
__________________
There are no saints in the animal kingdom, only breakfast and dinner.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56   #7
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,327
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
Which Republicans are you going to support? The Karl Rove Republicans or the conservative Republicans?
http://spectator.org/archives/2013/0...y-at-rove-erup
I'm personally a conservative. But I'm looking at this from the view of winning the war, as opposed the battle. If the democrats win, we lose. On many levels it is just that simple.

I'm going to help, but I don't make policy. It's not like I can control who is the republican candidate, or whatever. Whoever is the republican candidate is mostly against gun control, whoever is the democrat supports more gun laws.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01   #8
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Your almost home. There is a fight btw RINOs and conservatives in the GOP. I would suggest trying the TP.
I believe old skool GOP would compromise your rights on the 2A too.
If the "old skool" GOP thought caving on gun rights would help their re-election they'd do it in a New York minute. These are the same "conservatives" who gave us TARP, Medicare part D and No Child Left Behind.
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00   #9
Kablam
Senior Member
 
Kablam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,466
Well Frank, I'm surprised our local chapter of the "i'm socially and intellectually superior to you Romney is just like Obama there's no difference between democrats and republicans the republicans stole their own primary from themselves and saint Ron" haven't chimed in and told you that you are a sell out neocon statist pro-life religious nut anti-science creationist social security wanting leech yet.

Seriously though, I think I know what you're saying. Even if it's only the "less bad" thing, it IS less bad to support the GOP. I only hope the party moves in the conservative direction as it needs to re-invent itself in a way.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:57   #10
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,327
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
Well Frank, I'm surprised our local chapter of the "i'm socially and intellectually superior to you Romney is just like Obama there's no difference between democrats and republicans the republicans stole their own primary from themselves and saint Ron" haven't chimed in and told you that you are a sell out neocon statist pro-life religious nut anti-science creationist social security wanting leech yet.

Seriously though, I think I know what you're saying. Even if it's only the "less bad" thing, it IS less bad to support the GOP. I only hope the party moves in the conservative direction as it needs to re-invent itself in a way.
I doubt anybody is going to disagree with my assertion that the democratic party is working to get more gun control, and the republican party is working against it.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:11   #11
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I doubt anybody is going to disagree with my assertion that the democratic party is working to get more gun control, and the republican party is working against it.
Actually the Republican party has mostly kept quiet in the gun debate courageously letting the NRA fight the battle.
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:28   #12
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,327
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
Actually the Republican party has mostly kept quiet in the gun debate courageously letting the NRA fight the battle.
When I said "working against it" , that was indeed a bit of a stretch.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:31   #13
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


" I'm going to start supporting republicans."

Good choice.

__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:48   #14
DonGlock26
Senior Member
 
DonGlock26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 106,552
It's makers vs takers and the Democrats support the takers.
__________________
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:39   #15
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,792
Good to hear. The Tea Party-minded Republicans do incorporate some libertarian ideas into their platforms. I'm going to make sure to take time to help Rep. Paul Broun in his quest to replace Senator Saxby Chambliss, who's retiring, and/or make sure another TP candidate fills Broun's Congressional seat. He and Rand Paul would make an even better team than they do now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
Actually the Republican party has mostly kept quiet in the gun debate courageously letting the NRA fight the battle.
Yep, who would've thought that Lindsey Graham would've taken point on this. This alone will probably get him re-elected.

Political Issues
__________________
Fear the government that fears your guns.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:56   #16
Kablam
Senior Member
 
Kablam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I doubt anybody is going to disagree with my assertion that the democratic party is working to get more gun control, and the republican party is working against it.
I agree with you whole heatedly. Your thinking is generally the same as mine. I was just screwing around with the first part of my post. I AM surprised that nobody has beat you up yet though.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:05.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 950
270 Members
680 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42