SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:01   #141
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Marlowe---the timing is tied to his appeal. He took the firing to court and lost.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39   #142
Artable

It's amazing Dorner wasn't more diligently vetted by the military or law enforcement. The guy has some serious issues and ultra sensitivity to his past experiences as well as toward coworkers and superiors. You would think these issues would have surfaced before this. He is certainly a nightmare for LAPD and surrounding LEO. Hope it ends soon. Heart filled prayers for those who became victims.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:51   #143
Sig Junkie

He has a residence in Las Vegas in Mountain's Edge. I heard it was searched and came up empty. The local police department went to two-man patrols effective immediately. Every agency in Vegas has a BOLO on him and even put up a billboard along the strip.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59   #144
w01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Marlowe---the timing is tied to his appeal. He took the firing to court and lost.
And potentially (and coincidentally) to the loss of his military reserve officer status, which occurred 1 Feb 2013. Remember he was still using on base facilities in the San Diego area as late as January. He would have lost access to those with his discharge. That could be another blow to his ego as it appears that this status was important to him and he blames its loss on his LAPD issues.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02   #145
merlynusn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
They would be easier for us to find and deal with.
I should clarify that. I meant 100 or 1000 nationwide doing the same kind of thing, not all in the same area. I agree that 100 or 1000 in the same area would make it much easier to find.

Marlowe, Thanks for the information. Those are good posts and a good analysis. Much of that I didn't know as I haven't been tracking everything with regard to this.

Last edited by merlynusn; 02-10-2013 at 10:11.. Reason: Add
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09   #146
w01

Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Yeah I am rather disturbed by all the support I see for him on the internet. People saying he is just a whistle blower or saying he is a hero. Heros and whistle blowers don't gun down people just because they are related to someone.
I'm bothered by that too. It's being painted as some kind of "revolution against a repressive government and a repressive police force". But he's targeting family members of those he has a personal beef with. That's not furthering a cause (even by unacceptable methods) - that's just personal vengeance and won't be satisfied until it's exacted in full or he is stopped by force (however necessary).

Maybe I'm practicing amateur psychology but that's how I see it.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:19   #147
Detectorist

I can guarantee you all, that folks in the military and LEO professions each know at least one person who would go postal or commit suicide if he felt cornered, rightly or wrongly and lost everything important to them. Sometimes, or most of the time, it's due to the person's own fault, sometimes it's not. It's impossible to know beforehand.

I sure hope this guy is put down before he takes any more lives.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-10-2013, 10:23   #148
Black Smoke Trail

Old 02-10-2013, 10:24   #149
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by w01 View Post
And potentially (and coincidentally) to the loss of his military reserve officer status, which occurred 1 Feb 2013. Remember he was still using on base facilities in the San Diego area as late as January. He would have lost access to those with his discharge. That could be another blow to his ego as it appears that this status was important to him and he blames its loss on his LAPD issues.
Yep. Power and prestige mean everything to some folks.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30   #150
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
I should clarify that. I meant 100 or 1000 nationwide doing the same kind of thing, not all in the same area. I agree that 100 or 1000 in the same area would make it much easier to find.
I understand. Nationwide would be a catastrophic event.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:43   #151
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Smoke Trail View Post
Figures you'd be here.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:49   #152
Black Smoke Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Figures you'd be here.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:07   #153
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamer View Post
If what he claims is true (rampant open racism within the LAPD), it would have been public a long time ago. LAPD has a very large number of minority officers, supervisors and commanders. They wouldn't be sitting idly by when officers are acting the way Dorner claims. What I think happened is a couple off-color jokes (okay, pun slightly intended) that the "victims" were in on, and a willing part of because they aren't thinskinned crybabies. Dorner is a crybaby and an underperformer who couldn't handle streetwork, modern life and people wo don't fit his narrow definition of what they should be. He's also a documented, proven liar.
I may be inviting flame bait but to believe that the LAPD with the history that it has that it isn't rampant with racism and corruption is fantasy. What I think happened is that Dorner reported abuse and the person that he accused was protected and they chose to smear his name and destroy his career to make him an example. Yeah, he may have lost it or could it be that after following procedure and trying to go by the book to get justice only thing he got was "Just Us".

In the end when you die only thing you have is your name and what is associated with it when people think of you. His name as well as his career is ruined. I think he is using the few options he feels he has to get that name back. I'm not saying what he is doing is right, but I can empathize. I also think others in LAPD can too since they have decided to reopen the investigation into Dorners firing.

Personally, I don't think they'll ever capture him alive unless the investigation verdict changes.

The lesson here is watch how you treat people because you never know how they'll react. Especially when they feel like their back is against the wall.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:13   #154
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Regardless of whether he was telling the truth or not, he NEEDED to be fired.

He obviously is not stable - I have gone through some (dung) in my life, and even have been so mad at a person my heart started running 100mph when he was near, but I NEVER was tempted to go shooting at anyone.

on a different note:
To add to this "domestic terrorist" thought, I wonder if he converted to a different religion-that-shall-not-be-named recently.....
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24   #155
Stevekozak
Returning video

[QUOTE=DustyJacket;19971090]Regardless of whether he was telling the truth or not, he NEEDED to be fired.

He obviously is not stable - I have gone through some (dung) in my life, and even have been so mad at a person my heart started running 100mph when he was near, but I NEVER was tempted to go shooting at anyone. Ah, you have been tempted, you just had the good sense and sanity not to do so.

on a different note:
To add to this "domestic terrorist" thought, I wonder if he converted to a different religion-that-shall-not-be-named recently..I wonder about this as well. He made a point in his manefesto that is not a Christian, provded that he wrote that part of it. ...[/QUOTE]
Putting increasing pressure on a unsound structure rarely has good results.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32   #156
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Speed View Post
I may be inviting flame bait but
The lesson here is watch how you treat people because you never know how they'll react. Especially when they feel like their back is against the wall.
Edited out a lot ,but that last sentence is what separates weak people from strong.

A strong leader makes sure you do the right thing regardless of how someone may feel.

If we allowed non suitable people to stay in any job of trust we will fail.

Seems to me like he had ample due process and was treated with dignity and impartiality.

He chose this path.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:34   #157
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Speed View Post
I may be inviting flame bait but to believe that the LAPD with the history that it has that it isn't rampant with racism and corruption is fantasy. What I think happened is that Dorner reported abuse and the person that he accused was protected and they chose to smear his name and destroy his career to make him an example. Yeah, he may have lost it or could it be that after following procedure and trying to go by the book to get justice only thing he got was "Just Us".

In the end when you die only thing you have is your name and what is associated with it when people think of you. His name as well as his career is ruined. I think he is using the few options he feels he has to get that name back. I'm not saying what he is doing is right, but I can empathize. I also think others in LAPD can too since they have decided to reopen the investigation into Dorners firing.

Personally, I don't think they'll ever capture him alive unless the investigation verdict changes.

Maybe the investigation was 'reopened' as a tactic to calm him down and gain time?

Old 02-10-2013, 11:41   #158
Low_Speed

[QUOTE=DustyJacket;19971090]Regardless of whether he was telling the truth or not, he NEEDED to be fired.

He obviously is not stable - I have gone through some (dung) in my life, and even have been so mad at a person my heart started running 100mph when he was near, but I NEVER was tempted to go shooting at anyone.

Why did he need to get fired? Was there anything else in his LAPD career that they looked at other than the accusation that he came forward with as a reason for his dismissal?

We may not like his views (2nd Amendment, entertainment, political among them) but I don't believe he's unstable. He's just a man pushed to his limits. What you went through probably isn't the same as what he's gone through. The limit of abuse that you can take is different from his.

Everyone's limits are different.

I've gone to a couple of 2nd amendment rallies in the since January where we feel that there are people who want to take away our rights and the government talks of confiscation. I read several flags made by people who may feel their back are against the wall that read "Come and Take Them". I thought about what these people would do if they did come knocking at their door. How far would they go to get back or keep what's theirs? Would people call them unstable for doing what they needed to do to get back what's theirs?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47   #159
skorper
harborrat

I can see this turning into a fanboy fest in short order.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48   #160
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Maybe the investigation was 'reopened' as a tactic to calm him down and gain time?
You could be right. I am just saying that with LAPD and other law enforcement agencies history of abuse and corruption how come LAPD gets a pass? I do believe that this could have all been prevented if someone had've looked into this outside of LAPD.

Closed Thread