SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 15:13   #61
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
When pressed Christians like Vic can only resort to quoting the Bible. It is the only "evidence" they have. It's like referencing the "Night Before Christmas" poem as proof of Santa.
Someone wrote the NBC and they did not claim to be Santa.

God wrote the Ten Commandments and He did claim to be the Creator God.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:12   #62
Gills63

So if the author would have claimed to be Santa that would have been relevant to you? Actually a man said a bush claiming to be God told him the ten commandments. A short time later that man's flaming shrubbery ordered the killing of first born children. Then the bush used the shrub talker as bait to lure a foreign army into a position where he was able to mercilessly drown them.

Why did it take almost a week to create something that could have been done in the blink of an eye... someones being dramatic. And the Sabbath day is Saturday, right? Did this creator really require a coffee break on the seventh day? Couldn't God have saved everyone a lot of trouble and just not made that forbidden fruit? You could argue that it was a matter of free will, but that sort of goes out the window when one can see the future. God knew where that free will would lead.

The reason these questions are never addressed by the "faithful" is because faith dictates that you overlook the problems because people aren't supposed to question/understands God's plan. Kind of like when a child questions a parent and the parents best response is "Because I said so". Faith is to reality what salt is to food...If you apply it liberally enough everything is easier to swallow.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by Gills63; 02-08-2013 at 21:13..
Gills63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 23:45   #63
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills63 View Post
So if the author would have claimed to be Santa that would have been relevant to you? Actually a man said a bush claiming to be God told him the ten commandments. A short time later that man's flaming shrubbery ordered the killing of first born children. Then the bush used the shrub talker as bait to lure a foreign army into a position where he was able to mercilessly drown them.

Why did it take almost a week to create something that could have been done in the blink of an eye... someones being dramatic. And the Sabbath day is Saturday, right? Did this creator really require a coffee break on the seventh day? Couldn't God have saved everyone a lot of trouble and just not made that forbidden fruit? You could argue that it was a matter of free will, but that sort of goes out the window when one can see the future. God knew where that free will would lead.

The reason these questions are never addressed by the "faithful" is because faith dictates that you overlook the problems because people aren't supposed to question/understands God's plan. Kind of like when a child questions a parent and the parents best response is "Because I said so". Faith is to reality what salt is to food...If you apply it liberally enough everything is easier to swallow.

These questions have all been addressed and God's plan has been revealed. You are just ignorant of it.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 02-08-2013 at 23:49..
Old 02-09-2013, 00:13   #64
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
Correction: The Bible gives no leeway for Christian believers to kill based on belief or unbelief. Those who did so were not in harmony with Jesus teaching and therefore not led by the Spirit to kill. That is the evil side that is responsible for this.
Who commanded the Israelites to put people to the sword?

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 00:16   #65
Glock36shooter

Quote:
God wrote very little Himself. I suppose that was so there would be no question. Even this has been distorted by man.

It is not the letter that is inspired, it is the true meaning. The wicked do not understand because they are fighting the Spirit of God.

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
So you're just going to make excuses for the contradictions?

Are you saying there is a version of the bible where there are no contradictions but it has been lost to time and all we have left is mans corrupted copies? If so you only need prove that this perfect original copy existed.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28   #66
Gills63

Vic I notice the vast majority of your responses are merely quoting scripture. Don't you have thoughts of your own to discuss? Just because questions have been answered doesn't mean they have been so correctly. If the scripture you are quoting does in fact answer the questions that I have raised, a brief explanation would be appreciated. As you have pointed out, more then once, I am quite ignorant.

Understand Vic, that I respect the bible as a great book of wisdom. There are many valuable lessons contained within it, heck I'm not above quoting from time to time. Its when people start attempting to link it together and making it an end all, be all that I get all "ignorant". I have several decades of "church-going" and a decade and a half of formal christian education under my belt. So undertand I've attempted to believe and gave it earnst attempts. Why? I believe because I, like most people, have a desire to belong; to not be an outsider, an outcast. Unfortunately, I couldn't "favor with faith" enough of what I knew to take that proverbial leap of faith. So understand, I mean you and your beliefs no disrespect. I find religion to be a powerful and interesting part of our world.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:29   #67
Gills63

Sorry about the lack of spacing, my phone app is disregarding my spacing lately.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:33   #68
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills63 View Post

Understand Vic, that I respect the bible as a great book of wisdom. There are many valuable lessons contained within it, heck I'm not above quoting from time to time. Its when people start attempting to link it together and making it an end all, be all that I get all "ignorant". I have several decades of "church-going" and a decade and a half of formal christian education under my belt. So undertand I've attempted to believe and gave it earnst attempts. Why? I believe because I, like most people, have a desire to belong; to not be an outsider, an outcast. Unfortunately, I couldn't "favor with faith" enough of what I knew to take that proverbial leap of faith. So understand, I mean you and your beliefs no disrespect. I find religion to be a powerful and interesting part of our world.

Without the Creator God the Bible becomes just another book. You have probably become disappointed by the behaviors and hypocrisy of those who claim to be Christian. So did I at one time.

Faith and belief in God starts with believing that there is a Truth.
If there is a Truth, there is a plan and a purpose for my life. There is therefore a planner. Without purpose my life becomes meaningless. I choose to believe that my life has purpose and meaning.

I examined the Bible with the intent to find Truth, not every little error that may have crept in by imperfect copying or editing. Truth is still there in the Bible. The important Truths of the Bible are repeated many times so there can be no misunderstanding for the diligent student.

Any questions that you may have I would be willing to answer one at a time so that they might be clear to you. It is like looking for pearls.

Matthew 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Matthew 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:44   #69
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Without the Creator God the Bible becomes just another book. You have probably become disappointed by the behaviors and hypocrisy of those who claim to be Christian. So did I at one time.
Christians have always been a disappointment to mankind. As well as poison.

Quote:
Faith and belief in God starts with believing that there is a Truth.
If there is a Truth, there is a plan and a purpose for my life. There is therefore a planner. Without purpose my life becomes meaningless. I choose to believe that my life has purpose and meaning.
That's fine if that's what you need to believe to make yourself feel better. But the problem is that you insist on spreading your religion like a cancer.

Quote:
I examined the Bible with the intent to find Truth, not every little error that may have crept in by imperfect copying or editing. Truth is still there in the Bible. The important Truths of the Bible are repeated many times so there can be no misunderstanding for the diligent student.
Please illustrate where you found this original copy of the bible that is pure and uncorrupted and without errors.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-10-2013, 07:51   #70
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post

That's fine if that's what you need to believe to make yourself feel better. But the problem is that you insist on spreading your religion like a cancer.
I really feel sorry for the bitterness that is burning inside you. It will only continue to grow worse until it consumes you.

The Bible predicted both the unreasonable hatred and the spread of Christianity long ago.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

You might as well be trying to stop the wind.

You could have it another way if you would accept it.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Old 02-10-2013, 13:15   #71
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
When pressed Christians like Vic can only resort to quoting the Bible. It is the only "evidence" they have. It's like referencing the "Night Before Christmas" poem as proof of Santa.
Quote:
Someone wrote the NBC and they did not claim to be Santa.

God wrote the Ten Commandments and He did claim to be the Creator God.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
You just did it again. A man wrote the Ten Commandments just like a man wrote TNBC. You're right though Moore didn't claim Santa wrote it.

What's written in the Bible isn't evidence of anything except what is written in the Bible no matter how much one believes otherwise. That said, there are some great life lessons and advice contained within even if God did not author it.

Last edited by juggy4711; 02-10-2013 at 13:16..
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 13:26   #72
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I really feel sorry for the bitterness that is burning inside you. It will only continue to grow worse until it consumes you.
It gets better every year, the more and more your mythology dies out. Don't know if I'd call it bitterness though. More like just being fed up watching grown adults ruin our world with make believe nonsense. You can point the finger at me all you like. It is you who are unable to defend the blatant falsehoods in your magic book. So you make excuses and more fairy tales and nonsense that you can't back up. You have to create more lies to explain away the lies in your bible.

Quote:
The Bible predicted both the unreasonable hatred and the spread of Christianity long ago.

You might as well be trying to stop the wind.
That's what makes me so glad it is dying in America. You people are losing your jihad on non-believers. In all of the more advanced cultures in this world... your mythology is becoming more and more of a joke. You can spread it to all the third world hell holes you like. It's just important that we make sure people like you don't halt progress.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-10-2013 at 13:27..
Old 02-10-2013, 13:59   #73
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
It gets better every year, the more and more your mythology dies out. Don't know if I'd call it bitterness though. More like just being fed up watching grown adults ruin our world with make believe nonsense. You can point the finger at me all you like. It is you who are unable to defend the blatant falsehoods in your magic book. So you make excuses and more fairy tales and nonsense that you can't back up. You have to create more lies to explain away the lies in your bible.

That's what makes me so glad it is dying in America. You people are losing your jihad on non-believers. In all of the more advanced cultures in this world... your mythology is becoming more and more of a joke. You can spread it to all the third world hell holes you like. It's just important that we make sure people like you don't halt progress.
Number of Agnosticism followers in the world:11.77% (799,190,323 people).Number of Atheist in the world: 2.32% (157,529,444 people).

Not to worried about atheists taking over.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote