Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:47   #241
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I am still amazed that this guy s becoming the Robin Hood to fight da man.
I'm not. More US citizens hate the US government than ever before. This guy declared war on a very public figure of said government; albiet, a local government department. He's really the only one running and gunning publicly, as so many wish to see. He's not their ideal idol, but they see the choice as support him or the current government.

Add to that he is African American, that alone will garner most of the African American support; see Obama elections.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01   #242
Sharkey

Well you got a point there.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09   #243
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I'm not. More US citizens hate the US government than ever before. This guy declared war on a very public figure of said government; albiet, a local government department. He's really the only one running and gunning publicly, as so many wish to see. He's not their ideal idol, but they see the choice as support him or the current government.

Add to that he is African American, that alone will garner most of the African American support; see Obama elections.

Not sure where the confusion lies. The dude is an Oblamer supporter. Of Oblamer had a son...
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23   #244
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
Axle broken at Big Bear...

He has been awfully quiet.

My guess is he is froze to tree like the character Hatchet Jack in the movie "Jeremiah Johnson."
I figured that is why they scaled back their search. No point in looking when you won't find him until the snow melts.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33   #245
Tony641

Has anyone heard what they found when they searched his residence? I'm just currious if they found his firearms or if they were all gone. Did he take them all with him and hide them about preparing for whatever he plans on doing or does he just have the ones that he had with him. That might show what kind of plan and how far ahead he thought.
If this was already mentioned I appologize, I'm out in my car and cant sit at this spot long enough to read all the comments.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:30   #246
dbcooper

I can't imagine the guy not having another vehicle ready for when he dumped his truck. Keep your heads down folks.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12   #247
vettely

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
I can't imagine the guy not having another vehicle ready for when he dumped his truck. Keep your heads down folks.
Truck was ditched due to mechanical failure. Something about a broken axel. At that point I think what little he had of a plan went south.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14   #248
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Yes. They also have a public safety committee of city counsel members that oversee the department. They also were under a federal consent decree and may still be under it.
The consent decree is over. Now we have other agencies under it, and even the State DOJ is getting into it with their own state consent decrees. Forgot which agency got unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapennypincher View Post
LAPD is offering a Cool Million Dollar Reward.

LOS ANGELES (AP) Seeking leads in a massive manhunt, Los Angeles authorities on Sunday offered a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, the former police officer suspected in three killings.
Wonder how much is that going to be after CA's massive taxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
When Maurice Clemmons shot and killed four of Lakewood's best, the investigation quickly revealed that he was getting family support to the point he was being shuttled around and some treatment for his GSW. I put nothing past the idea that there may be some support out there not yet discovered.

There were people in the community at that time who were rooting for Clemmons to kill more cops, too.

There will always be the fringe for that sort of thing.
This guy, if he is as trained as everyone thinks he is, will have his logistics figured out. He won't think for a second he can do this while lugging his whole arms cache around by himself and still take on the LAPD and allied agencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
Has anyone posted this yet?
Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
http://m.now.msn.com/christopher-dor...get-on-us-soil
Scary thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixglocker View Post
Black Rambo.
He's no Rambo. Rambo fights hundreds out in the open. This guy is more like the sneaky Viet Cong that sneak attacks innocents and uses Hanoi Jane (MSM) for propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked. It has happened before.

We don't know the details (why he chose his exact victims, maybe they were asses and trash talked him, who knows?)

Either he dies in the mountains, by a bullet, or he has made it far away and will hide for a few years. Time will tell....the guy obviously has a lot of guts. (maybe not as much wisdom) (reporting his training officer was NOT a good choice, if he wanted an LE career)

(hiding is his best option at this point)
You really have no clue... zero. Maybe even negative points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
That is not always correct. I have seen some cops lie and nothing happens to them. It all depends on press coverage. I say that everyone is a liar because people lie..that about covers it.
What context are you talking about? You bet I lie to suspects all the time. How many undercover operations do you think will last more than a few minutes without cops being able to lie?

I won't lie under oath and in reports though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
Axle broken at Big Bear...

He has been awfully quiet.

My guess is he is froze to tree like the character Hatchet Jack in the movie "Jeremiah Johnson."
We can all hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
Sad statement to make, but I will not argue with you on race being a factor. However, the extent of it may be in dispute. Supporting Obama and supporting this guy is a little different.

Actually... I'm surprised Obama didn't tell everyone if he had an ex-cop/ex-Navy murderer son, he would look just like Charles Dorner.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27   #249
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettely View Post
Something about a broken axel.
Broken Axel huh

Cop Talk
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41   #250
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
Broken Axel huh

Cop Talk
Maybe it's this one?

Cop Talk
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42   #251
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Wonder how much is that going to be after CA's massive taxes?
Oh SNAP!!!!!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-11-2013, 13:44   #252
Marlowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
Marlowe, we have not formally met, but please allow me to introduce you to GNGs 2nd biggest Obama supporter and Commie in training - Louisville Glocker.
Gallium, thanks for the introduction! Good to know who's who in the zoo!
Old 02-11-2013, 13:50   #253
Marlowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
That's the worrisome thing...you can't rule that out that he had or acquired other transportation, so the hunt continues.

The impact on local police agencies continues...everyone on an elevated alert level.

One thing I'd like to point out to those not from the LA area, often I see people referring to LAPD's search for the suspect. They are heavily involved, naturally...but so are many, many agencies. The incidents in which Dorner has figured cover numerous jurisidictions--

Big Bear isn't in the City of Los Angeles, for instance. So the Sheriff's Office there leads the search effort. Irvine PD has the lead on the double homicide in its city; Riverside PD on the murder of its officers; Corona PD on the shooting there; Torrance PD on the shootings there.

Federal agencies are supporting the effort as well...

So, no one agency is running the whole show.
Old 02-11-2013, 14:06   #254
RussP

It really is domestic terrorism, an individual whose terrorist activities are directed at elements of our government or population without foreign direction.

In this case, personal revenge is the motivation according to what he wrote. Clear his name and the killing stops is the same as holding hostages wanting to exchange them for something or someone of value. Only the hostage is an element of the executive branch of the State of California, City of Los Angeles and related organizations and agencies.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-11-2013, 14:13   #255
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post

So, no one agency is running the whole show.
There is not one state or Fed agency to run the show?
Old 02-11-2013, 14:25   #256
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
It really is domestic terrorism, an individual whose terrorist activities are directed at elements of our government or population without foreign direction.

In this case, personal revenge is the motivation according to what he wrote. Clear his name and the killing stops is the same as holding hostages wanting to exchange them for something or someone of value. Only the hostage is an element of the executive branch of the State of California, City of Los Angeles and related organizations and agencies.
Now imagine three people, with any modicum of training who slipped across our southern border into the USA, drove 1000+ miles inland, acclimatized to the locality they are in for 18-24 months, built up a cache, only met face to face, planned extensively and decided to make a go at it in a place not as hardened as NYC or L.A.

**** like that keeps me up at night.
1) From thinking about it and
2) From figuring how I could make a really scary movie without giving anyone ideas.
Old 02-11-2013, 14:28   #257
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
There is not one state or Fed agency to run the show?
At some point I assume the FBI will become ring master, but at a more granular state each of those listed agencies will continue to push at their own levels while feeding into the feebs.

If memory serves me correct, does CA have something similiar to MN's BCI? CBI? (and no, this is not from TV )
Old 02-11-2013, 14:48   #258
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
At some point I assume the FBI will become ring master, but at a more granular state each of those listed agencies will continue to push at their own levels while feeding into the feebs.

If memory serves me correct, does CA have something similiar to MN's BCI? CBI? (and no, this is not from TV )
CHP?
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

Old 02-11-2013, 14:49   #259
ClydeG19

I can't agree that this is terrorism. It's threats, made to a specific group of people, some of which he made good on. There is no political, economic, or religious motivation behind his actions, just good, old fashioned revenge (albeit unjustified).

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-11-2013, 14:55   #260
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
CHP?

Not CHP.

I think (actually assume ) that the CBI is more geared towards this sort of thing than CHP is...

Closed Thread