SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 16:53   #21
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger85 View Post
Here is my Nighthawk Talon that I purchased a few years back. It is simply an amazing pistol! It is by far the most accurate and forgiving handgun I have ever owned. Attachment 230922
Very nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 17:40   #22
Roydrage

Enforcer

My Favorite Gun Period is my Enforcer... It's not the prettiest but it shoots the best.

The Grips are so thin that they are underneath the spring tube for safety, and slide stop, instead of over it... Aluminum is the only thing that would work, wood would flake away and brake... With the high cut trigger guard this thing is amazing to hold.

Royd1911 Forums
Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Life Member
Roydrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 17:47   #23
Jim Watson

Who is this Costa chap that they are naming guns after him?

Quote:
The Grips are so thin that they are underneath the spring tube for safety, and slide stop, instead of over it
Then I would want an integral or soldered down plunger tube.
The standard grip overlapping the plunger tube is a safety measure so you don't lose it if the staking fails.

Last edited by Jim Watson; 02-02-2013 at 17:48..
Jim Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:59   #24
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
Who is this Costa chap that they are naming guns after him?
it's this little guy...

1911 Forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 19:40   #25
SouthpawG26

He also used to develop parts and make instruction DVDs for carbine, shotgun and handgun for this little obscure company called Magpul. ..

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 02-02-2013 at 19:41..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 20:37   #26
Jackalo626

Very overpriced. I am not saying the gun isn't nice but the price is extremely out of reason.
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 21:06   #27
Ruggles

I would like minus the FCS please

I would imagine it shoots lights outs.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:26   #28
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalo626 View Post
Very overpriced. I am not saying the gun isn't nice but the price is extremely out of reason.

I've always thought that about NHC after seeing pics of some of the dogs they let out the door.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49   #29
harleypower69

Envy, but that is the beauty of a democracy. You get to buy and shoot what you like and can afford. You can freely say what you think with no fear. I love my NHC Enforcer with the Predator barrel system and I tell everyone who asks about it. It has functioned flawlessly with every type of ammo. It tears one hole at 25 yards consistently. I have always been treated like a valued customer in my dealings with NHC. I had no problem with the price because I found value in this gun, it works well for me. I am selling my Dan Wesson Valor which I previously thought was the best 1911 I had ever owned. The rest of my .45's are Glocks.
harleypower69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53   #30
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalo626 View Post
Only issue with their weapons is I would feel horrible about spending thousands of bucks on one and then rolling around during training in the gravel or mud with it in my holster.

My 1911s are more accurate than me and as long as I maintain them and practice with them my $1200 or less guns do everything that one will and I feel better (not great) about the gravel and mud lol.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:25   #31
mleroux21

The railed costa does look nice!!!

Marc
mleroux21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:57   #32
Saberman

My favorite is my NHC Talon II Bobtail. So sweet, and feels so nice in hand.
Saberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:26   #33
TSAX
USAF Vet

GSSF Member

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:50   #34
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleypower69 View Post
Envy, but that is the beauty of a democracy. You get to buy and shoot what you like and can afford. You can freely say what you think with no fear. I love my NHC Enforcer with the Predator barrel system and I tell everyone who asks about it. It has functioned flawlessly with every type of ammo. It tears one hole at 25 yards consistently. I have always been treated like a valued customer in my dealings with NHC. I had no problem with the price because I found value in this gun, it works well for me. I am selling my Dan Wesson Valor which I previously thought was the best 1911 I had ever owned. The rest of my .45's are Glocks.
It's great that your Nighthawk as been so reliable and they have treated you so well. Then again, you won't really know about their service until it breaks, will you? Or until you order something from them and it is not as described.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 16:12   #35
harleypower69

Many dealings with them and always got what I wanted, on time and as specified. I am sorry that you (a fellow shooter) did not have a good experience with them. If you are happy with what you choose to shoot then good for you. NHC (and LMT) get my hard earned money because they both produce a robust product and back up their word with action. I respect them. That is all.
Old 02-11-2013, 18:07   #36
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Many dealings with them and always got what I wanted, on time and as specified. I am sorry that you (a fellow shooter) did not have a good experience with them. If you are happy with what you choose to shoot then good for you. NHC (and LMT) get my hard earned money because they both produce a robust product and back up their word with action. I respect them. That is all.
I agree with you on LMT. I have a couple of their rifles.
It's been a while, but if you do a little searching in a different 1911 forum, you can read where Larry Lyles (from Nighthawk) would have fixed my problems but didn't like my attitude. He also said if I don't like the gun, sell it. That's after being called a liar by the owner of Nighthawk, because I told him his representative (Tim) told me the Nighthawk safety was as reliable as the Wilson Bullet Proof safety, when he was helping me choose the features on my T3.
Kind of hard to dispute their bad attitude when they post it right there on a 1911 site.

Last edited by SpringerTGO; 02-11-2013 at 18:08..
Old 02-12-2013, 16:19   #37
harleypower69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I agree with you on LMT. I have a couple of their rifles.
It's been a while, but if you do a little searching in a different 1911 forum, you can read where Larry Lyles (from Nighthawk) would have fixed my problems but didn't like my attitude. He also said if I don't like the gun, sell it. That's after being called a liar by the owner of Nighthawk, because I told him his representative (Tim) told me the Nighthawk safety was as reliable as the Wilson Bullet Proof safety, when he was helping me choose the features on my T3.
Kind of hard to dispute their bad attitude when they post it right there on a 1911 site.
That is pretty poor of them, I agree. Sorry you had such a bad run with them.
Old 02-12-2013, 17:44   #38
SpringerTGO

Quote:
That is pretty poor of them, I agree. Sorry you had such a bad run with them.
Thanks.
Seriously, I'm glad things have worked out for you with Nighthawk.
Eventually I'm going to sell mine. Not because it doesn't shoot well, but I can't stand looking at it. After being called a liar (over a cheap part on a $3K 1911) it doesn't have the appeal a handgun in the price range should have.