Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 19:30   #281
JuneyBooney

To some degree we will never know what set him off but I have seen people who were pushed and pushed and then they admitted to wanting to kill but never did it. Just wanting to kill does not mean "mental illness". It means that the person was "f'ed" with. He may have run out of money and that was the trigger to push him into despair. We also know that governments are not honest and they will not truly tell the truth in dealing with personnel matters regardless of the person's skin color. In some ways I think he is already dead and that he committed suicide but that is just from reviewing similar typed events. I just hope they find his body alive or dead soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
Old 02-11-2013, 20:07   #282
AZson

I'm still perplexed by the reason he was fired? He filed a false report about a fellow police officer? I'm just thinking
Old 02-11-2013, 20:14   #283
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZson View Post
I'm still perplexed by the reason he was fired? He filed a false report about a fellow police officer? I'm just thinking
So, you don't think his current behavior is a bit out of line for every fired cop? Maybe, and I am just guessing here, his actions might have indicated that he didn't exactly have "the right stuff" to be doing the job. IIRC I think I heard he was still on probation when he was terminated, ad the probationary period is just for that evaluation process.
Old 02-11-2013, 20:19   #284
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Most LE agnecies have a zero tolerance for lying in official investigations or about anything duty related.
Old 02-11-2013, 20:24   #285
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
Now imagine three people, with any modicum of training who slipped across our southern border into the USA, drove 1000+ miles inland, acclimatized to the locality they are in for 18-24 months, built up a cache, only met face to face, planned extensively and decided to make a go at it in a place not as hardened as NYC or L.A.

**** like that keeps me up at night.
1) From thinking about it and
2) From figuring how I could make a really scary movie without giving anyone ideas.
Tom Clancy already has the book out.....
Old 02-11-2013, 20:42   #286
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
At some point I assume the FBI will become ring master, but at a more granular state each of those listed agencies will continue to push at their own levels while feeding into the feebs.

If memory serves me correct, does CA have something similiar to MN's BCI? CBI? (and no, this is not from TV )
CA has its DOJ with an investigative arm as well as other investigative agencies, but those are all over the place. CA has a lot of peace officer designations such as Dept. of Corporations, Elder Abuse, Welfare Fraud, Insurance, Real Estate, etc., all has their own investigation arm with peace officers.

We have our BNE (CA's DEA) and ABC (CA's Alcohol Control), but no CBI. Not sure who from the state is doing this, might be CHP's investigation arm or DOJ. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
I will assume that affirmative action had nothing to do with it.
Yes, crazy knows no colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
I'm guessing this guy started to come un-spun, and then he was let go. Only the people close to him might have had a faint idea he was truly unstable. No telling how he got through the hiring process with the LAPD - I am not familiar with their hiring practices and backgrounds. I do know my agency looks pretty close at applicants, and we get an occasional "leaker" too.
LAPD's process is more intense than the state standard minimum but people can get through anything that is run by humans.
Old 02-11-2013, 20:46   #287
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Quote:
You think that someone in law enforcement who was caught filing a false official report should have been retained? It's an ethical issue.
Old 02-11-2013, 21:34   #288
L-1

Quote:
Yep, you get fired for that in a heartbeat. Itís due to a court case known as Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963).

In that decision, the court ruled that an accused is entitled to be made aware of all exculpatory evidence that might help their case. This court also ruled that knowing a witness officer has a history of official dishonesty is exculpatory and defense counsel must be provided with this information.

Defense counsel may then question the officers in open court as to the circumstances under which they were previously dishonest. This calls their credibility into question, making them worthless as a witness. If you are worthless as a witness, you can no longer function effectively as a police officer and are terminated.

To get a better idea as to when you can lie and when you canít, take a look at http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...ssue_id=102003
Old 02-11-2013, 22:10   #289
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Cops who get "Brady'd" in our area are quickly sent away. Our chief made it clear that any officer caught in a Brady situation will be quickly dismissed.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

One day closer to retirement . . .
Old 02-11-2013, 22:19   #290
Osborne

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
It really is domestic terrorism, an individual whose terrorist activities are directed at elements of our government or population without foreign direction.

In this case, personal revenge is the motivation according to what he wrote. Clear his name and the killing stops is the same as holding hostages wanting to exchange them for something or someone of value. Only the hostage is an element of the executive branch of the State of California, City of Los Angeles and related organizations and agencies.

OK, so if this is domestic terrorism, then why isn't the Fort Hood shooting that happened a few years back domestic terrorism? That's something I don't understand....

Are they just throwing around the word terrorism now?

Last edited by Osborne; 02-11-2013 at 22:24..
Old 02-11-2013, 22:35   #291
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDO View Post
OK, so if this is domestic terrorism, then why isn't the Fort Hood shooting that happened a few years back domestic terrorism? That's something I don't understand....

Are they just throwing around the word terrorism now?
That's exactly what they are doing.

They didn't call that terrorism because we wouldn't dare call out a Muslim, especially an American one.

AR-15 owners are a much more "terrorist" possibility to the criminals who occupy D.C. than avowed Al-Queda sympathizers are.

In all honesty, if the LAPD finds this guy hiding out with sympathizers somewhere in the So. Cal area and wind up killing everyone, the 92 riots will pale in comparison.

I wouldn't want to be in LA if that happens.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-11-2013 at 22:37..
Old 02-11-2013, 22:46   #292
Osborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
That's exactly what they are doing.

They didn't call that terrorism because we wouldn't dare call out a Muslim, especially an American one.

AR-15 owners are a much more "terrorist" possibility to the criminals who occupy D.C. than avowed Al-Queda sympathizers are.

In all honesty, if the LAPD finds this guy hiding out with sympathizers somewhere in the So. Cal area and wind up killing everyone, the 92 riots will pale in comparison.

I wouldn't want to be in LA if that happens.

I don't see how killing two cops is terrorism, it's definitely not right and this guy should get what he deserves but why isnt every gang in cal considered terrorists? I hate these double standards. Shouldn't every gang that kills an officer be considered terrorist? And have trigger happy police and drone operators after them? I honestly think they should.

And sending drones after him? I bet they don't do that after every fallen officer. Something tells me there's more to this and they want this guy dead to cover their asses I guarantee he won't be taken alive.

Last edited by Osborne; 02-11-2013 at 22:49..
Old 02-11-2013, 22:48   #293
RyanBDawg

Quote:
I don't see how killing two cops is terrorism, it's definitely not right and this guy should get what he deserves but why isnt every gang in cal considered terrorists? I hate these double standards.

And sending drones after him? I bet they don't do that after every fallen officer. Something tells me there's more to this and they want this guy dead to cover their asses I guarantee he won't be taken alive.
Because gang members are just poor victims of the system. It's not their fault, it's society's fault..

Someone who dares question the system, now that's a terrorist.

Yep, the LAPD is out for an execution, they have made that very clear.

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-11-2013 at 22:52..
Old 02-11-2013, 22:52   #294
Osborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Because gang members are just poor victims of the system. It's not their fault, it's society's fault..

Someone who dares question the system, now that's a terrorist.

It's no wonder this country is going down the toilet.....Sorry edited the post and added more during your reply.
Old 02-11-2013, 22:56   #295
Ohio Cop

RyanBDawg, you don't know what you don't know.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 02-11-2013, 22:59   #296
Osborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
RyanBDawg, you don't know what you don't know.

Can you explain it then?
Old 02-11-2013, 23:01   #297
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Can you explain it then?
Totality of circumstances.

Killing two cops, the manifesto and wreaking havoc on innocent people is good enough to be classified as terrorism.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 02-11-2013, 23:04   #298
Mr T

I do not remotely work in the judicial system, but,to ALL you LEO's out there. I'm sure you have heard it a hundred, if not a thousand times, but I am grateful for what you folks do everyday. I thank you as I would thank our service men and women, you guys are called to do no less than they. I have travel to many countries and I am proud to say that our LEO's are probably some of the most highly trained and professional men and women in the world. You guys will get that broke dick dog, rest assured, there is no doubt in my mind. Again, thank you for your service.
Old 02-11-2013, 23:04   #299
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Can you explain it then?
No he can't.

I would elaborate but the thread would be closed, and I would either be banned or suspended for a while.

It's been made abundantly clear to me that free speech doesn't fly on Cop Talk.

You can PM me if you wish to have an uncensored conversation on the topic.

Old 02-11-2013, 23:05   #300
WarCry

Quote:
I don't see how killing two cops is terrorism, it's definitely not right and this guy should get what he deserves but why isnt every gang in cal considered terrorists? I hate these double standards. Shouldn't every gang that kills an officer be considered terrorist? And have trigger happy police and drone operators after them? I honestly think they should.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? You're talking about the two officers, but what about the girl and her fiance over last weekend? Are they just "random casualties", even though he SPECIFICALLY NAMED targets and their families, and the followed through with it?

This is NOT just about two officers that got shot - though they count, too! No, this is about a guy that's "calling his shots" and then taking those shots.

I can't believe how hard that seems to be for some folks to understand.

Closed Thread