Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44   #1
DASA

Gen 4 G30 worth $100 more than Gen 3 G30??? Sell me on it.

So I've had the itch to buy a G30 for some time now, I own a very early (WH prefix) G21 and really love it even though a have normal sized hands. I'm left-handed so it's easy for me to run the large frame Glocks. I've been looking for a used G30 (non-SF) for a little while and they are either selling for $500 (about $75 too much IMHO) or they are beat to hell for about $450. My local high volume LEO supply dealer across town has new G30 and G30SF models in stock for $550 (non-LEO here). I know that's the average new price of the large frame non-Gen 4 models pre-SandyHook. My around the corner tiny gunshop who usually sells stuff near list price just got in a GEN 4 G30 yesterday morning for $648.
Is the GEN 4 really worth $100 more in the compact models such as the G30? The normal G30 already has the dual spring recoil assembly. I like the new texture, but I DON"T like the new finish Glock is applying to their guns. I suppose a new GEN 3 G30 would have the same finish as a GEN 4 if they were manufactured recently, so I suppose it's a wash in this department.

I suppose my real options are pay $500 for an older G30 with the flat finish I prefer or go with the GEN 4?

Opinions? If you have a GEN 4 G30 and upgraded from an older G30, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks in advance for your time in posting to this thread.
DASA is offline   Reply With Quote