Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 15:10   #41
chrisbroz

Hickok45 is a DAMN GOOD shot - he can make those plates SING!!! He impressed me with the smaller Glocks - the G26, G27 & G30...always interesting and well presented subject matter - wish I lived closer to TN than FL.

CB in FL
chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:17   #42
GlockinNJ

OP: YES! Youtube has been very helpful to me in learning to detail strip my Glock. In fact, other than having an instructor sitting next to me, I can't think of a better resource.
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:17   #43
RyanBDawg

Yep. I learned how to completely disassemble my Glock and AR from watching youtube. Ive changed out internal parts like the trigger spring, etc by watching youtube.

Good instructional videos.

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:49   #44
BakerBug

YouTube showed me how to replace the slide release on my G19. It also taught me that $25 for a gun smith to install TFO sites was money well spent.
BakerBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:54   #45
voyager4520
-----

Most of what I know about Glocks I learned from YouTube videos. There are a lot of bad videos with bad or incomplete information, but the good ones can teach you pretty much everything you need to know. When I bought my first Glock which was also my first firearm, I learned how to field strip clean and lubricate a Glock from a few good videos. I also learned detail stripping and changing sights, and there are plenty of good videos that show better technique to become more accurate with a pistol.

There was a Glock Armorer who had a YouTube channel with a bunch of awesome videos but he closed his channel, I think his username was USD417 or something. The best ones I've seen are nutnfancy's and hickok45's cleaning videos, humans4targets2's detail stripping videos, James Yeager's and R6AJ's lubrication videos, DawsonPrecision's sight installation video, and OilTheGun used to have an excellent magazine catch video but he deleted it and I haven't bothered to look for a better one.

The only difference of opinion I have with the DawsonPrecision sight installation video is that I use blue loctite on the front sight, they recommend red but I'd rather not have to take a blow torch to the slide should I ever want to remove it. I used a Glock-brand steel rear sight so no loctite was required for it, just a drop of oil to help it slide in easier. And I don't think they mention in that video that if you're putting a Glock slide into a vice, the vice should not compress onto the slide rails or any area forward of the breech face because it can crack the slide and ruin it if too much force is applied. When I did the rear sight on my G27, I layered cereal box cardboard with masking tape on the jaws of the vice in such a way that pressure was only applied above the slide rails, and I used a delrin DMPS AR-15 takedown punch to tap the rear sight instead of using a brass or steel punch.

Last edited by voyager4520; 02-04-2013 at 18:09..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 17:58   #46
skip4309

I use YouTube for just about anything you can think of...its a great resource. However, you need know 'your' limitations and make sure you have the proper (specialty) tools required to do the job right. Do your research. Watch several videos. There are a lot people posting 'how to' videos that are idiots. Again, know your limitations.
Old 02-12-2013, 19:26   #47
intenseneal

Yep I looked on you youtube for the proper way to strip and clean a Glock, no oopps here.

Last edited by intenseneal; 02-12-2013 at 19:26..
intenseneal is offline   Reply With Quote