Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:19   #41
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1fuzz View Post
Auditory exclusion. You won't hear it or it will be muffled. I used a 12 gauge with 00 buck under a car port in the line of duty. Never heard it.
I can vouch for this ^^. I was involved in a SD shooting 4 years ago inside a vehicle. I was using a G31 and even being in a vehicle I heard nothing. Saw the muzzle flash, but that was about it. Had I not seen the flash, I probably would have squeezed again thinking I hadn't shot the first time.

Needless to say, I no longer give people I don't know a ride anywhere.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Last edited by CLoft239; 02-13-2013 at 05:21..
CLoft239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50   #42
atcs2152

I understand the concept of auditory exclusion but even though YOU don't hear it, I have to assume your ears did. IOW, the sound waves were still produced, they reached your ears which were still affected by them but your brain decided not to process the sound for you as it normally would because of the stress of the moment. As such, auditory exclusion or not, I assume there's still potential for damage to ones ears. I'm curious, those of you who experienced auditory exclusion, did you notice typical symptoms of being exposed to a loud noise after the fact, such as ringing in your ears, temporary diminished hearing, etc?

FWIW, I've ordered a G32 barrel for my G23 and I'm hoping it will show up soon so I can try it out. I suspect the .357SIG will become my favorite caliber.
atcs2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:01   #43
trigger45
G23

Send a message via Yahoo to trigger45
ammo is easier to find in .40s&w. me being a muzzleloader shooter i like bullet weight.
-trigger45 G1NINERS #1923 niners #1923 .40S&W club #1923
G17,G19,G23,Browning Buckmark,
trigger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15   #44
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcs2152 View Post
I understand the concept of auditory exclusion but even though YOU don't hear it, I have to assume your ears did. IOW, the sound waves were still produced, they reached your ears which were still affected by them but your brain decided not to process the sound for you as it normally would because of the stress of the moment. As such, auditory exclusion or not, I assume there's still potential for damage to ones ears. I'm curious, those of you who experienced auditory exclusion, did you notice typical symptoms of being exposed to a loud noise after the fact, such as ringing in your ears, temporary diminished hearing, etc?

FWIW, I've ordered a G32 barrel for my G23 and I'm hoping it will show up soon so I can try it out. I suspect the .357SIG will become my favorite caliber.
I didn't experience any ringing of the ears or any noticeable effects, but that's not to say everybody else is the same as me.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".
Old 02-13-2013, 09:21   #45
BMiracletx

Congrats on the 23. I love both my 23 and my 32. I shoot 40 more, but find the 357sig more accurate. I reload my own so it is actually cheaper to shoot 357sig due to using 9mm bullets. Either way you would have gone it would have been a good choice.
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29   #46
blackbmw

Glock 27 with a storm lake tree fiddy seven barrel. Soon to have a 9mm barrel also. Im a 357sig fan.
blackbmw is offline   Reply With Quote