Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 14:25   #481
metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
They'd have some credibility if they opened it to an outside investigation......an impartial one.

ACLU? NLRB?
The ACLU or the NLRB impartial? hmm... Thick, the irony is
Old 02-13-2013, 14:29   #482
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
I notice the department re-opened his case, but are they just going to investigate themselves again?

So......coverup #2 and all forgotten?
Neither question is a "fair question", but both are indicative of your bias.

Q1 - so you're asserting by the word "again" that the alleged offenders were the only ones that investigated themselves. Please cite links with facts that support this assertion.

Q2 - coverup #2...so you're asserting there was already a coverup #1. An assertion based on what facts?

Lastly, regardless of the validity of Dorner's assertions, he killed several people including a young woman who was never a LEO that threatened his well being and her fiance'. If you've gotten past your teen years and still believe the world is "fair", you lived a sheltered life. Life's not fair. However it's not a justification for murder.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 02-13-2013 at 14:31..
Old 02-13-2013, 14:37   #483
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

Looks like he sent evidence to CNN.

Maybe they'll be digging into it.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

What goes around comes around. Maybe it will be coming around for them......again.

They have quite a history of causing problems, as I recall.
Old 02-13-2013, 14:48   #484
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Looks like he sent evidence to CNN.

Maybe they'll be digging into it.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

What goes around comes around. Maybe it will be coming around for them......again.

They have quite a history of causing problems, as I recall.
So no...you have no links to facts to support your bias questions. That's why your assertion that they are "fair questions" is false. Troll elsewhere.

Old 02-13-2013, 14:57   #485
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

They are absolutely fair questions.

Just because you have no answers doesn't mean the questions are bad.

The LAPD's history speaks for itself. The only way they can fix this is to have an outside investigation by an unbiased investigator.
Old 02-13-2013, 15:02   #486
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:

The LAPD's history speaks for itself. The only way they can fix this is to have an outside investigation by an unbiased investigator.
Dorner was a legal gun owner, right?
Is there a history of legal gun owners shooting/injuring/murdering a large number of people?

See how silly playing the fast & free troll card is?

Please stop trolling this thread. You're not remotely interesting. Seen the song & dance hundreds of times before. If you were remotely entertaining, or humorous, you'd have worth.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-13-2013, 15:05   #487
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:

You were the person that made the unfounded assertions. It's not up to me to prove them for you. Until you do, they are bias questions.

With that said, I won't engage in a debate with someone that plays such games. I consider this a serious subject and won't entertain childish speculation with assertions like "...again" and "...coverup #2". I'm done with you. Continue to troll if you like, but I have no respect for you based on how you posed the questions and your inability to support your bias assertions. Bye now.

Old 02-13-2013, 15:06   #488
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

You're not remotely interesting.
And you are?

LOL!

If you don't like my questions, get lost.
Old 02-13-2013, 15:09   #489
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I have no respect for you based on how you posed the questions and your inability to support your bias assertions.
Maybe it would be better if you just didn't comment in the first place if you can't answer the questions.

Getting all pissy about it really just wastes space and surely does not impress anybody.
Old 02-13-2013, 15:11   #490
ClydeG19

Quote:
It's a fair question.

They'd have some credibility if they opened it to an outside investigation......an impartial one.

ACLU? NLRB?
Seriously...what's more likely? 40 cops lie or 1?
Old 02-13-2013, 15:13   #491
RussP

Quote:

Quote:
Maybe it would be better if you just didn't comment in the first place if you can't answer the questions.

Getting all pissy about it really just wastes space and surely does not impress anybody.
Tell you what Seriously?, how about starting a new thread. Make sure to outline/state your full case in the first post.

EVERYONE, let's not discuss this topic in this thread. Wait for the new one.

And Seriously?, please read Post #1 again...Thanks.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-13-2013 at 15:15..
Old 02-13-2013, 15:24   #492
Marlowe

Seriously?,

I will offer this, in response to your question:

Dorner has had due process: He appealed his dismissal through the court system. Often, wrongfully fired cops from LAPD and other agencies get their jobs back during this process.

He did not...his termination was affirmed by a court.

Why should we reward his murderous behavior by giving him additional consideration, consideration no other fired officer would receive?

Unfortunately, the LAPD has done just that by, for PR purposes, re-opening his case. Wrong call. Instead, they should simply make public all documents regarding his career and termination, let people review what has been done and reach their own conclusions.

Ask yourself what credibility Dorner has as a complainant....

Have his recent actions suggested to you anything other then a self serving person with no regard for others? He has taken the lives of four people who had no involvement in his dismissal from LAPD.

Officer Crain was buried today. The funerals for his three other victims, LEO and non-LEO, are still to come. His surviving victims face their own recovery from this person's self centered drive to achieve revenge and attention.

Does Dorner really have any credibility? Regardless of LAPD's history, good and bad, just consider the due process he has already been afforded, and afforded in a time the LAPD has been under close scrutiny.

Given all that, does he have ANY credibility to you? Seriously?

Last edited by Marlowe; 02-13-2013 at 18:36..
Old 02-13-2013, 15:25   #493
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

Russ P. I read the note.

I asked a couple of questions.

Apparently when it's so obvious that nobody has answers, they go ballistic.

Who woulda thunk it?

I'm not starting any new thread to ask the same thing again. If they don't have anything now, they sure as hell won't have more on a new thread......except more vitriol.

Last edited by Seriously?; 02-13-2013 at 15:26..
Old 02-13-2013, 15:31   #494
Marlowe

No vitriol here.

The manifesto is self serving and therefore suspect.

The behavior is self serving, violent and without any justification.

Dorner had due process and his appeal through the courts failed.

Rewarding heinous behavior with further review, after lives have been lost, is distasteful in the extreme.

And that's my point of view. You are entitled to yours.
Old 02-13-2013, 15:32   #495
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Seriously?,

I will offer this, in response to your question:

Dorner has had due process: He appealed his dismissal through the court system. Often, wrongfully fired cops from LAPD and other agencies get their jobs back during this process.

He did not...his termination was affirmed by a court.

Why should we reward his murderous behavior by giving him additional consideration, consideration no other fired officer would receive?

Unfortunately, the LAPD has done just that by, for PR purposes, re-opened his case. Wrong call. Instead, they should simply make public all documents regarding his career and termination, let people review what has been done and reach their own conclusions.

Ask yourself what credibility Dorner has as a complainant....

Have his recent actions suggested to you anything other then a self serving person with no regard for others? He has taken the lives of four people who had no involvement in his dismissal from LAPD.

Officer Crain was buried today. The funerals for his three other victims, LEO and non-LEO, are still to come. His surviving victims face their own recovery from this person's self centered drive to achieve revenge and attention.

Does Dorner really have any credibility? Regardless of LAPD's history, good and bad, just consider the due process he has already been afforded, and afforded in a time the LAPD has been under close scrutiny.

Given all that, does he have ANY credibility to you? Seriously?
Well, we'll just have to wait and see if we ever hear any more about his case. If it just gets deep-sixed quickly, we'll know that opening it was a sham.

If there's a credible investigation by an outside and unbiased entity, then the LAPD will gain some credibility.

I don't know anything about Dorner except that he apparently snapped......the interesting part is the WHY of it.
Old 02-13-2013, 15:36   #496
Marlowe

Just read your note, RussP, hadn't seen it before my last couple of posts.

Understood...
Old 02-13-2013, 15:41   #497
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Well, we'll just have to wait and see if we ever hear any more about his case. If it just gets deep-sixed quickly, we'll know that opening it was a sham.

If there's a credible investigation by an outside and unbiased entity, then the LAPD will gain some credibility.

I don't know anything about Dorner except that he apparently snapped......the interesting part is the WHY of it.
Then you're in luck. They guy didn't die in LAPD jurisdiction. The death is being investigated by the San Bernardino County Sheriff.

Do you people not even realize it wasn't LAPD handling the cabin barricade situation? It was the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department and California Fish & Game.

Last edited by Bren; 02-13-2013 at 15:43..
Old 02-13-2013, 15:51   #498
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Then you're in luck. They guy didn't die in LAPD jurisdiction. The death is being investigated by the San Bernardino County Sheriff.

Do you people not even realize it wasn't LAPD handling the cabin barricade situation? It was the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department and California Fish & Game.
We haven't been talking about the investigation of his death, Bren.

We've been talking about the investigation of his firing.

That's the only question left unanswered, and it seems that some don't like it when it gets asked.
Old 02-13-2013, 15:59   #499
Sharkey

Quote:

I'm pretty sure LAPD had DOJ oversight. The groups you mentioned as someone pointed out are incredibly biased. It was already investigated and they found him to be a liar.

Why does someone snap? Hmmm, I imagine there are a lot of reasons. Maybe he watched too much CNN and had an unnatural attraction to well known progressive activists. I'm just going off his manifesto though. Maybe he lied about that too?

45 posts and you come here to post drivel. Yeah, you sound like a troll.

Last edited by Sharkey; 02-13-2013 at 16:01..
Old 02-13-2013, 16:01   #500
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
We haven't been talking about the investigation of his death, Bren.

We've been talking about the investigation of his firing.
An outside agency investigation...of his firing?

They could find that he is due to get his job back, I guess? Employment law in a law enforcement agency is what my wife does, but I can tell you there was an appeal process for Dorner and that's all the "firing investigation" would amount to.

Closed Thread