SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2013, 19:54   #21
bha0198

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripes7 View Post
If you have an early GEN4 that does not have the specific GEN4 connector, ejector, and recoil spring, they they upgrade them to the newest part. The ejector makes a big difference. They are not going to test fire it, find bad ejection, and return it. Sometimes something simple as changing ammo makes a huge difference. The thin skinned people that take offense to suggestions are never going to be happy. If it indeed does continue to happen to you recontact them. They will replace the gun if they have to. Give it a chance first, though.
Thanks for the input. I am going to TRY and find some 124 grain and take it to the range in the next week or 2. We'll see if that helps.

A good friend of mine who is relatively educated on Glocks suggested I contacted a local gunsmith who specializes in Glocks. I called one and he said that it's the "ejector" and he could fix it for $50 or so. Thoughts?

And to those judging, I apologize that I just bought my first Glock and first firearm. No need for criticism, that's why I joined the forum.
bha0198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:22   #22
cripes7

If your gun came back from Glock, they have the correct ejector in it. There is no need to throw $50 away. Glock certified armorers get repair parts free from Glock. It takes a minute to change an ejector. Your money would be better spent having a firearms instructor give you a little run through. You also might want to have another shooter try it with you. You have the finest combat handgun in the world. Good luck with it!
cripes7 is offline   Reply With Quote