Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 19:51   #521
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomF4E View Post
On the health news front , it is reported that Chris Dorner quit smoking today .
Old 02-13-2013, 19:52   #522
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Yea, he found out that smoking kills.
LMAO

I need the chuckles. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2013, 20:08   #523
countrygun

There is no point in arguing with Cop-bashers. If any officer on this forum had made one-half the excuses for Dorner's behavior that the cop-bashers have, then the cop-bashers would scream that "their making excuses for one of their own".
The first line on the Cop-bashers psychological profile would read,

"Subject is insecure and has a pathological dislike for anyone they perceive as an authority figure and will reflexively place themselves in an oppositional position regardless of the issue"

That is all there is to it.
Old 02-13-2013, 20:35   #524
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Sheriff: There was no intent to burn cabin to get Dorner

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...attle/1915961/

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-13-2013, 20:42   #525
RussP

Folks, I've asked that this thread be closed.

If there is a specific topic about the events surrounding Dorner you want to discuss, please start a thread specific to your topic.

Thanks...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-13-2013, 20:44   #526
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Sheriff: There was no intent to burn cabin to get Dorner

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...attle/1915961/
TBO, you go first. New thread please.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-13-2013, 21:08   #527
DirtyPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
Am I the only one who heard on the San Bernardino County Sheriff Sysyem police scanner 2 officers talking and one said he "can see blood splatter and mattress against the wall" and the other officer said "ok were gonna burn it as planned". This was 15 mins before the media had any video or commentary on a fire. I also heard a woman dispatcher say "the furnace was in place at the front door"..
"Speculations had been mounting over whether police had purposely started a fire to smoke out the suspect, but San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon told reporters Wednesday his deputies did not intentionally burn down the mountain.
McMahon said deputies shot pyrotechnic tear gas into the cabin and it erupted in flames. He says the tactic was intended to drive Dorner out, but it was not their intention to set the cabin on fire. McMahon did not say directly that the tear gas started the blaze and the cause of the fire remained unclear."

Here we go.. he said she said. Who cares what happened, just come clean about it. The POS is gone. I remember a similar fire situation like this a while ago in... where was it... oh yeah, Waco, TX.
Old 02-13-2013, 21:30   #528
CW Mock

Could be Rambro started a fire and then offed himself like a chump too.

I imagine there are going to be fire investigators crawling all over it soon with an official verdict.
Old 02-13-2013, 21:39   #529
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
It's a fair question.

They'd have some credibility if they opened it to an outside investigation......an impartial one.

ACLU? NLRB?
Oh boy... while you are at it, why not throw out some other "impartial" organizations like the NAACP, SPLC, UAW, NFL, UFO, PLO, UNICEF, and HMO?

NLRB? Do you even know who they are and what they do? PERB would be closer, but even then, it would be totally irrelevant.

Quote:
Roasting hot dogs over his burning corpse.
Wouldn't make for delicious hotdogs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
They are absolutely fair questions.

Just because you have no answers doesn't mean the questions are bad.

The LAPD's history speaks for itself. The only way they can fix this is to have an outside investigation by an unbiased investigator.
What history would that be? One of the finest law enforcement agencies in the world with an international standing very few can rival? What do you know about the LAPD other than what you have heard in the news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
An outside agency investigation...of his firing?

They could find that he is due to get his job back, I guess? Employment law in a law enforcement agency is what my wife does, but I can tell you there was an appeal process for Dorner and that's all the "firing investigation" would amount to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Why he snapped is basically of no importance. Life is rough, get a helmet. There is no justification for his actions period. A well balanced individual does not react to disappointment or even mistreatment by killing innocent people, some could even argue by killing the guilty. He snapped because he was defective. He had history of failure LAPD, Navy, over half of his "plans" failed. Stealing the boat, breaking the axel on his truck, which probably in anger, he set fire to telegraphing his location. He crafted his own demise. He failed himself into a conflagration. That does not automatically give credence to his demented manifesto.
Yep, he ain't right for the job and now he's done. Good riddance to bad trash. May the Devil have no mercy on his wretched soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southswede View Post
You sir, were taught well by a squared away instructor!!
Which is why I am as good as I am. (no shame)

Quote:
On the health news front , it is reported that Chris Dorner quit smoking today .
I heard he didn't stop smoking for a long time... and it took quite a few hours for the heat to subside.
Old 02-13-2013, 21:40   #530
DirtyPete

I could go for a Dorner kabab right about now.
Old 02-13-2013, 22:00   #531
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPete View Post
"Speculations had been mounting over whether police had purposely started a fire to smoke out the suspect, but San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon told reporters Wednesday his deputies did not intentionally burn down the mountain.
McMahon said deputies shot pyrotechnic tear gas into the cabin and it erupted in flames. He says the tactic was intended to drive Dorner out, but it was not their intention to set the cabin on fire. McMahon did not say directly that the tear gas started the blaze and the cause of the fire remained unclear."

Here we go.. he said she said. Who cares what happened, just come clean about it. The POS is gone. I remember a similar fire situation like this a while ago in... where was it... oh yeah, Waco, TX.

Hey, Everyone lookie here.

Find the poster that said that someone would "Wacoize" this. We have a winner.

Whether or not you meant to I will just bet this fuels a rehash of that case by the conspiracy nuts.
Old 02-13-2013, 22:32   #532
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

From limited info that I have, it sounds like he knew what was in store for him. A shootout, and subsequent death. (guess what, that is what happens, and he wasn't stupid). If he wanted to live, he'd have had to drive straight south and cross the border. Probably, wouldn't have been tough

He was a murderer and cop-killer, and got what was coming. The police saying they didn't mean to light the cabin on fire is kind of irrelevant, but they may get into some trouble for that (basically execution). Bullets would have worked just as well, and maybe been easier to justify.

Sadly, this event will end up in the courts, being discussed for long periods of time, and lawyers making millions (most of it from taxpayers). In China, they take the bad guys out back and shoot 'em. Case closed. (Really, at least in smaller cities)
Old 02-14-2013, 05:48   #533
4949shooter

I suppose the San Bernadino sheriff's office shouldn't have fired gas into the cabin. Maybe they should have let Dorner escape instead, so he could ambush and murder some more innocent people.

Last edited by 4949shooter; 02-14-2013 at 05:48..
Old 02-14-2013, 07:30   #534
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

I get so tired of the fire in Waco being brought up. It never even happened in Waco. It happened in a little community named Elk.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55   #535
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
I get so tired of the fire in Waco being brought up. It never even happened in Waco. It happened in a little community named Elk.
Yeah, that's all part of the conspiracy and coverup.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:08   #536
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
I suppose the San Bernadino sheriff's office shouldn't have fired gas into the cabin. Maybe they should have let Dorner escape instead, so he could ambush and murder some more innocent people.
But..but.....but..... they didn't even offer him an incentive to surrender, like some fresh baked cookies or something!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:09   #537
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
But..but.....but..... they didn't even offer him an incentive to surrender, like some fresh baked cookies or something!

I dunno....preserving one's life is kind of an incentive.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
Old 02-14-2013, 08:51   #538
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
There's audio of it on youtube. One cop is saying "burn mother*******"
It must be true then, they posted it on the internet and the bastion of truth youtube.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33   #539
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post

I have it on good authority they offered some left over thin mints....he felt it was racial.
Old 02-14-2013, 13:21   #540
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
I have it on good authority they offered some left over thin mints....he felt it was racial.
Rice crispies would have been more appropriate.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227

Closed Thread