SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2013, 22:45   #21
boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by coceda View Post
What $200-$500 price increase? Unless you're talking about flippers/gougers, I'm not sure what you mean.

I bought a Smith & Wesson M&P10 .308 late last night for $975 shipped from Bud's. When they're in stock, the prices on the rest of the M&P line are exactly what they were before the panic. Same with the Colt 6920's and Sig M400's at Walmart. Manufactures aren't raising prices. If your LGS/online vendor is, I'd suggest you find a new place to shop.
I'm going to have to see if they have a inventory alert. I'll take the wife beating for that gun at that price. Nice pick-up.

Assuming nothing passes other than background I don't see thing getting back to before crazy prices for a minimum of six months. Their may be a bit of a second hand market once credit card bills start rolling in but dealer wise it's going to be a while.

Last edited by boomhower; 02-14-2013 at 22:47..
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 13:24   #22
bigmoney890

Quote:
What $200-$500 price increase? Unless you're talking about flippers/gougers, I'm not sure what you mean.

I bought a Smith & Wesson M&P10 .308 late last night for $975 shipped from Bud's. When they're in stock, the prices on the rest of the M&P line are exactly what they were before the panic. Same with the Colt 6920's and Sig M400's at Walmart. Manufactures aren't raising prices. If your LGS/online vendor is, I'd suggest you find a new place to shop.
C'mon guy, really?! Bud's is gouging with the rest of them.

Stag Rifles selling for ~$500 above normal
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411545225

DPMS Oracle selling for ~$400 above normal (they just sold out)
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ATO+30%2B1+Cap

M&P 15-22 Selling for ~$200 above normal
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...lapsible+Stock

M&P15T selling for ~$900 above normal
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ACTICAL+811064

Those are just three I found right off the bat. Granted, if you did purchase the M&P 10 at that price, you got a great deal, especially considering the M&P15T is selling for twice that price...

EDIT: So, bud's was selling the M&P-10 at $700 below MSRP?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bigmoney890; 02-15-2013 at 13:29..
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 14:31   #23
coceda

Point taken about Bud's. FWIW, I was referring to Bud's police supply, not the main website. Not that it should matter, though, since I'm pretty sure both of those websites are maintained by the same business.

So, while I guess I shouldn't have used Bud's as an example, the point of my post remains. If anyone is still selling at the "old" price, doesn't that mean the manufacturer's haven't increased the cost? The OP stated that he believed the price increases were permanent. I was trying to make the point that there hasn't been a cost increase - just price adjustments by dealers to maximize profit in the current market/political climate. Again, my apologies for being less than clear when citing examples.

Anyway, here's the link to the M&P10 I purchased:

http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...ducts_id/15142
coceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 15:08   #24
bigmoney890

Quote:
Point taken about Bud's. FWIW, I was referring to Bud's police supply, not the main website. Not that it should matter, though, since I'm pretty sure both of those websites are maintained by the same business.

So, while I guess I shouldn't have used Bud's as an example, the point of my post remains. If anyone is still selling at the "old" price, doesn't that mean the manufacturer's haven't increased the cost? The OP stated that he believed the price increases were permanent. I was trying to make the point that there hasn't been a cost increase - just price adjustments by dealers to maximize profit in the current market/political climate. Again, my apologies for being less than clear when citing examples.

Anyway, here's the link to the M&P10 I purchased:

http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...ducts_id/15142
No worries. Troy is the only manufacturer, that I know of, that has raised prices. Thanks for the link!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 18:06   #25
Old School

Huh? My wallet doesn't see the difference between a price increase and a "price adjustment" that makes items more expensive. Sounds like government talk (you don't have a tax increase, it's a tax adjustment).

My OP fears that a change in price (however you want to call it) in the $200-$500 range is permanent. Time will tell.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote