Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2013, 19:21   #26
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
They will get a back ground check law but a high capacity magazine or an assault weapon ban won't happen.

Till theyre reminded that pushing guncontrol cost them congress control for 12 yrs. Bg checks wont work unless they know where the existing 300 million are to begin with
Old 02-14-2013, 22:40   #27
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

Do not believe all they are asking for will not pass. We have to keep on all the politicians hard to vote against any of these bills.
Old 02-15-2013, 14:04   #28
longrangedog

He's probably correct. There's a lot of "crap" legislation that would pass through the democrat controlled senate but not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting through the republican controlled house.
Old 02-15-2013, 14:08   #29
guns54
toni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Who gives a damn what a democrat senator says?
I dont give a damn what any of them say.
Old 02-15-2013, 14:09   #30
Bren
NRA Life Member

I don't think anybody doubted most of it could pass the Senate. The house is the only place we had hope.
Old 02-15-2013, 14:15   #31
Roering
Sorting nuts

Still a long road ahead before anything becomes law. Neither side should be counting their chickens yet.

Unless you live in CA because if the FED doesn't screw you, the Dem. supermajority controlled State probably will.

Last edited by Roering; 02-15-2013 at 14:17..
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 14:40   #32
Captain Caveman
a.k.a. DaReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Man I hope you're right but I have a bad feeling about this. I just wish the vote would happen already.

I disagree. The longer it goes, without another incident, the more people will loose interest. Remember, the American public has a short attention span.
so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 15:11   #33
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
I disagree. The longer it goes, without another incident, the more people will loose interest. Remember, the American public has a short attention span.
That's right.
Old 02-15-2013, 15:35   #34
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
Our only hope that the House remains steadfast in our corner.

I've felt all along this would probably pass the Senate, but hopefully stalls in the House.

I'd say the AWB and mag capacity issue is dead... the background checks is going to be close.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 16:22   #35
tarpleyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Oh....o.k.....got it.

Sooooooo...we'll just do.....what then?

These ****ers don't listen, and you're delusional if you think they care about anything more than getting re-elected. They will pass what they can, and it's not about us "giving an inch", it's about what they are going to take.

They will pass what they can, and everyone here will *****, piss and moan about it, and then actually do NOTHING.
I get this a lot from people. Tell us...in the past 6 months how many times have you written and called your reps? What gun rights organizations have you given money to? How much volunteer time have you devoted to make sure you can keep what little rights you still have left?

My guess is zero on all counts. There are plenty enough gun owners in this country to get whatever we want if just half of them would get off their asses.

tarpleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 16:45   #36
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpleyg View Post
I get this a lot from people. Tell us...in the past 6 months how many times have you written and called your reps? What gun rights organizations have you given money to? How much volunteer time have you devoted to make sure you can keep what little rights you still have left?

My guess is zero on all counts. There are plenty enough gun owners in this country to get whatever we want if just half of them would get off their asses.
That's what I love about assumptions....they make an ass of the people that make them. NRA and written my (Democratic) representatives.

The difference is that I don't come to GT to get this nation's political tea leaves read. I've made the leap to reality that GT GNG is nothing but the same 20 or 30 posters spouting off the same redundant stuff back-and-forth to one another, doing nothing but preaching back-and-forth to the choir, while completely disavowing political reality.

The fact is that Sandy Hook is something so horrible, and played up so much by the MSM and ignorant power mongering political types like Feinstein, that they have political capital for ramming gun-control legislation down our throats, like they never have had in the past. And I'm smart enought to see that the idiots like Feinstein and her ilk, absolutely, positively believe so much in the power grabbing nature of gun control, that they are willing to be political martyrs for their anti-Constitutional cause.

It's not a question of "if" some sort of gun-control legislation will pass, but "when", and "how bad?" it's going to be. What's currently happening in CA, NY, NJ and other states clearly testifies to that reality.

If you come here and read the threads and posts, you would get the impression that there is a large majority of people in this country that understand, and in fact actually give a damn, about the true meaning of the 2A. Reality is that the 20-30 posters that dominate this forum, represent a very small minority of the US population.

Last edited by M&P15T; 02-15-2013 at 16:51..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 16:54   #37
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

hell no to the government controlled private sales (universal back ground check).

why are gun owners always losing a right? it is not a compromise when they say they will shoot you in the left foot or right foot and let you chose which, making you think youve won something.

if any representative votes for any further restrictions on my gun rights let them have a severe single vehicle car wreck on the way home.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 17:33   #38
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
They will get a back ground check law but a high capacity magazine or an assault weapon ban won't happen.
Congress can't even agree on a budget. I am not worried about them passing another AWB. I have to admit, the last one was pretty annoying. I celebrated the day it "sun setted". It was my 4th of July.

I celebrated years later, when GBJr. kept giving out tax refund incentives by purchasing a firearm everytime he did that.

One time was a S&W 629 .44 magnum. The other time, regrettably was an XD .45 service model .45 But, that's okay, it has since went away and was replaced by my Glock 21C.
Old 02-15-2013, 17:44   #39
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
No more! Enough with giving an inch! Every inch we give these basterds is an inch more they can use to hang us later!
This is how I feel
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 17:51   #40
rhikdavis
U.S. Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to rhikdavis Send a message via Skype™ to rhikdavis
Plus American Idle is about to kick off the new season.
Old 02-15-2013, 18:39   #41
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
I think on the next election a lot of em are gonna get the boot.
Unfortunately, I have no faith in our election process.
I don't believe obummer was actual reelected.
Old 02-15-2013, 19:19   #42
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
Unfortunately, I have no faith in our election process.
I don't believe obummer was actual reelected.
You are not alone.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 19:34   #43
captcurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Who gives a damn what a democrat senator says?
I am with on this Restless.

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 19:44   #44
jsg34
Blade Runner

Contrary to some paranoid delusions and some people spoiling for a verbal rebellion (because it will go no further), there will be no weapons ban. There are not enough votes in the Senate, period, the end. Yes, there are more democrats, but many of these democrats come from the South and Midwest, where voting for a gun ban would be political suicide. Here in Louisiana, Landrieu is up for re-election. There is no way she will vote for a ban, plain and simple. Or take a look at Harry Reid, the super liberal Senate majority leader with the perfect NRA rating. He doesn't even want the legislation to make it to the floor.

The most that is going to happen is enhanced background checks and I for one am all for them. I think as a logical man that it is ridiculous to go to a gun show and have an FFL holder have two tables side by side. One table is for sales with a background check and the other has a big sign that says "Private Collection--No background check." I for one don't think that every thug under the sun needs an AK or SKS.

Those of you who don't agree won't do anything but remain the internet rebels that you are.

There are 100,000 people posting how much they wanted to "be there" for Christopher Dorner, yet I didn't see one person sticking their ass in front of the rifles. Some of you need to get a life. Really.
jsg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 19:46   #45
happy seal

Quote:
You are not alone.
What sucks is I could vote 1000 times and this commie loving demo left wing state will still vote democratic like it has for the last 8 elections.

"Off to the Salt Mine, My Friend"
happy seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 15:22   #46
Glockworks
Ready/Aim/Fire

Quote:
No more! Enough with giving an inch! Every inch we give these basterds is an inch more they can use to hang us later!
Damn straight! When they say they want 100% background checks, you can rest assured the next step is 100% registration. Later confiscation of one group with the other groups saying ok, until the only ones with guns are the brown shirts (so to speak).

Every totalitarian state has something in common, first remove the guns from the people.
Old 02-16-2013, 18:40   #47
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhikdavis View Post
Plus American Idle is about to kick off the new season.
The Okie Corral

I wish most lawmakers felt this way, but.. unfortunately, the economy is the last thing on their mind.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 02-16-2013 at 18:41..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 18:56   #48
RGbiker

Quote:
The most that is going to happen is enhanced background checks and I for one am all for them. I think as a logical man that it is ridiculous to go to a gun show and have an FFL holder have two tables side by side. One table is for sales with a background check and the other has a big sign that says "Private Collection--No background check." I for one don't think that every thug under the sun needs an AK or SKS.
California has an "enhanced" background check, with DROS, PPT and other assorted crap attached. It applies to sales and transfers and set up cost California taxpayers millions to implement the program.

Be wary of any federal imposed background check legislation....

In short, be careful what you wish for.
Old 02-16-2013, 19:02   #49
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
How do you recall a senator and kick her out of office?

Ours needs the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
You wait four years, and then walk door to door hanging flyers and posting sign with witty slogans that the average joe agrees with.
Some of you guys really need to read the constitution.

1. Senators are elected for 6 year terms.

2. The only 2 ways to remove a senator from office are to vote them out in a regular election. Or for 2/3's of the Senate to vote to kick them out.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 19:05   #50
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Quote:
Art of War. You better know what your enemy is saying.
One of the best books ever written. It is a fact for a warlike creature such as man.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote